Can you identify these?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The first photo is of bear cubs. What of the next two?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'm not a crypto-believer by any means. I would need to see something to pretty much go along with any measure of belief. However, when there is a reasonable mystery to be sorted-out, I sometimes take interest in the findings. What say you all about these photos and the story?

From the NY Times:

Pa. Hunter's Images Stir Bigfoot Debate

RIDGWAY, Pa. (AP) -- It's furry and walks on all fours.

Beyond that, about the only thing certain about the critter photographed by a hunter's camera is that some people have gotten the notion it could be a Sasquatch, or bigfoot. Others say it's just a bear with a bad skin infection.

Rick Jacobs says he got the pictures from a camera with an automatic trigger that he fastened to a tree in the Allegheny National Forest, about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, hoping to photograph deer.

''We couldn't figure out what they were,'' Jacobs said of the images captured on Sept. 16. ''I've been hunting for years and I've never seen anything like this.''

He contacted the Bigfoot Research Organization, which pursues reports of a legendary two-legged creature that some people believe lives in parts of the U.S. and Canada.

''It appears to be a primate-like animal. In my opinion, it appears to be a juvenile Sasquatch,'' said Paul Majeta of the bigfoot group.

However, the Pennsylvania Game Commission has a more conventional opinion. Agency spokesman Jerry Feaser said conservation officers routinely trap bears to be tagged and often see animals that look like the photos.

''There is no question it is a bear with a severe case of mange,'' Feaser told The Bradford Era.

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

And don't give me the "It's CdnBear" horse hockey, m'kay? :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
With those particular pictures, it looks like a man wearing clothing to me.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Start your investigation at photoshop.

Why would you need photoshop? A bear cub with mange looks creepy enough as it is. It would be easy to mistake it for something 'primate' if you didn't know what it was.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Whatever is in the foreground of the second and third pictures hasn't moved in 36 seconds.

Interesting.

I think the animal on the left has knocked over the salt-lick before the 2nd was taken and is focused on it. It's just that the legs look so long and gangly on the animal to the right. Weird.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I think the animal on the left has knocked over the salt-lick before the 2nd was taken and is focused on it. It's just that the legs look so long and gangly on the animal to the right. Weird.

Yeah but it hasn't moved a whisker in 36 seconds. That's pretty focused! :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yeah but it hasn't moved a whisker in 36 seconds. That's pretty focused! :smile:

It probably has moved a bit. But on such small scale, it's hard to see the minute differences.

And an animal at a salt lick... focused doesn't even begin to describe it. lol.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Salt lick is hexagonal and the black blob in the latter two photos appears to be too. Likely the salt lick's base....

Woof!

Yup I think so. I think it's a hoax. Here we go again with the dark grainy picture. Why wouldn't someone wanting to get a picture of a deer at night use a decent flash? Duh! :lol:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

The front image is clearly the salt lick on its side. If you look at the left you will see the salt. I would say the other figure was a monkey or gorrilla of some sort but without knowing the specifics of location, etc., it would be hard to say if that was a valid guess.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yup I think so. I think it's a hoax. Here we go again with the dark grainy picture. Why wouldn't someone wanting to get a picture of a deer at night use a decent flash? Duh! :lol:

Looks like it may have been taken without flash with night vision apparatus. A flash would cause whatever is being filmed to scatter.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah, I think that's what it is. So there is only shaggy in the last two pics.

Then it has to be Scooby, man. :lol:

I think if it were hoaxed, buddy would have done a more compelling job rather than a simple long legged creature. Certainly isn't very 'bigfoot-like'.

I'll stick with Scoob.