Favorite video games?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Do you game? What platforms? When did you start? Can you stop?

The store I worked for back in the day, sold the Intellivision console so I played MLB and Blackjack back in 1980 or so.

My first real game was Pirate Adventure for the Vic 20. I never really got into gaming for awhile after that but the next real game that grabbed my attention was when I got the N64 and finally bought Goldeneye. A true classic.

Since then I've become a FPS fanatic. I really enjoy the Resident Evil and Socom U.S. Navy Seals franchises, etc. I gave up the gamecube for PS2 because of the huge library. My favorite is RE4.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I had the Intellevision pong game back in the 70's.

Darn, I forgot about that. My dad bought it for us kids. Black and white as I recall, two paddles and a main box? I was in grade 6 or 7 so around '69 or '70 if I'm not mistaken. Then the arcade version hit the malls where you could go nuts for 25 cents. :lol:

Does that make us old geeks Kreskin? Mind you, I remember when the The Amazing was taping his show in Ottawa around that time. :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I guess it does show our age, and yes I was even thinking it could be the late 60's too. I left my pong addiction for Asteroids and Gallaxian in the arcades.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
Well, if you ever had a chance to see my signature, you can notice that I'm a huge fan of the Sega Genesis. At fact, I still play it from time to time because...

1. Most of its' games are fun and easy to play and...
2. The system was perfect for platformers, shooters, and sports games. All three of these genres are my favourites, BTW.

Other than that, I'm also a FPS fanatic. I'm into Doom, and the Half Life series...

Oh, and I also have a PS2, but I don't play it that much except if I want to play one of my classic compilation discs.

Last edited:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I like the Star Wars Battlefronts and Lego games as well as GTA Vice City and San Andreas. Spiderman 2 was also damn good. I currently have a PS2, and don't plan on changing anytime soon, I've hardly played even 5% of the games fo rit and I know there lots more good ones I have to check out first. I especially need a better hockey game than NHL 2004, the damn thing is RIFE with stupid glitches and the control system/interface sucks rocks

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
.My son got me playing HALO when it first came out......I still play it quite a bit, the first one! It is the only video game I play.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I've just recently started playing death matches in Quake 3 again with a few guys on our network. We still howl at some of the kills and trash talk eachother while playing.

Played Halo for a while too online with Xbox but find the maturity level in those online games to be trying a little too often.

Got into Need For Speed there for a while but finished the game and haven't do much with it since.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I remember the first time pong entered the local pool room....
there was at first a sort of snobbery to it....electric game with knobs and sound....Fooz ball..which we called soccer and never heard that term...was the game of choice btw snooker,boston and a game of war called Saratoga on the tables.....only the best of the best played billiards....

anywho pong caught on and there was usually a line up to play then asteroids.......

i became addicted to defender and the advanced version star gate...in the early 80's......

i have diabloII expansion set...which is just winding down for me....5 years of it....

i have this risk computer game....i can't beat the first napoleonic war when it's on hard settings.....Sandy says it makes me edgy and cranky

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I play PC, first person shooters mostly. I like consoles for sport games, I can't stand shooters on em, controllers seem so inaccurate when compared with a mouse and keyboard.

Battlefield Series
Unreal Tournament
Quake Wars
Counter Strike
etc.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
About the only game type thing I use anymore is the Microsoft Combat Flight Similator--Europe, ww2 series. You get to fly Spitfires, Mustangs, ME 109s, etc. Its kind of a blast.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
I'm a Playstation widow ... Shell plays all the RPGs.

Personally, I stick with my computer games. Mostly solitaire, but now and then venture into some of those "Mystery Search" ones.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
My first platform was a VIC-20 where one of my favourite games was Gorf.

I had some fun programming a few games from books that I found in the stores (and library) as well.

Currently playing Halo 3 on my 360...which has yet to give me a RROD.

Can I stop? Well...I haven't yet!:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Do you game? What platforms? When did you start? Can you stop?

The store I worked for back in the day, sold the Intellivision console so I played MLB and Blackjack back in 1980 or so.

My first real game was Pirate Adventure for the Vic 20. I never really got into gaming for awhile after that but the next real game that grabbed my attention was when I got the N64 and finally bought Goldeneye. A true classic.

Since then I've become a FPS fanatic. I really enjoy the Resident Evil and Socom U.S. Navy Seals franchises, etc. I gave up the gamecube for PS2 because of the huge library. My favorite is RE4.

I am merely posting in this thread so I can remember to post in it again later(after some sleep). I will get into detail later. Good idea for a thread, though.:smile: