Video of my cat tyris fetching

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This is my little Tyris. She was a feral trapped kitten. She still doesn't trust most humans. The only exceptions so far are myself, my daughter and my husband.

In this video we're playing fetch. The only time she'll play this game is on the stairs with a foamy ball. All other toys she'll chase, but won't bring back. She's a finicky feline to say the least...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
So, I"m gathering from the lack of comments that my cat is ugly or is this just the dumbest video? well! I've never....

lol...in case anybody with real taste didn't get to view this piece of artistic brilliance of the most beautiful and intelligent cat ever to have lived! bumpety bump!

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
we had a kitten who used to retrieve. He'd only do it with tin-foil balls and would sometimes forget where the ball went or something dumb.

Apparently it's an instinct in kittens but adult cats usually grow out of it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So, I"m gathering from the lack of comments that my cat is ugly or is this just the dumbest video? well! I've never....

lol...in case anybody with real taste didn't get to view this piece of artistic brilliance of the most beautiful and intelligent cat ever to have lived! bumpety bump!

Is the cat "fetching", or is it teaching you to throw the ball?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Juan, sadly Tyris is teaching me how to throw the ball correctly, at what time, what speed, where, with what toy. I'd like to believe I was teaching her, but that would be a lie....

Yes, my cats rule the house. I spent $70 dollars on a water filtration system for them! We have the cheap britta one but theirs continuosly filters and aerates their water...gah! I'm a slave...I admit it...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan, sadly Tyris is teaching me how to throw the ball correctly, at what time, what speed, where, with what toy. I'd like to believe I was teaching her, but that would be a lie....

Yes, my cats rule the house. I spent $70 dollars on a water filtration system for them! We have the cheap britta one but theirs continuosly filters and aerates their water...gah! I'm a slave...I admit it...

Obviously you are a cat person. I bet you also try to avoid getting up to do important stuff when the cat is sleeping in your lap. We put a drinking water filter system in as well but our cat would rather drink out of a mud puddle.....:roll::smile:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Tonnington, Butch was the typical Turkisn Angora...always had something to say about everything! I talked to much to my husband Butch would get right in my face and meow at me. If you ever forgot just who Butch was he'd swipe you as a reminder!...He was the jealous type. I miss Butch immensely. Our house is not the same.

{quote]Obviously you are a cat person. I bet you also try to avoid getting up to do important stuff when the cat is sleeping in your lap.[/quote]

I'm most definatley a cat person, but I'm also a dog person, a goat person, a horse person, a anything furry, scaley, feathered, 2 feet, 4 feet, etc. Love the animals. I would get up even with a cat on my lap, but first I'd have to give some skritches, and scratches, a kiss and a cuddle and then pick up the kitty gently, place them down in the warm spot I'd just vacated...if it was a bit chilly I'd also put a lap blanket over them. Pathetic I know, but I just can't imagine not being the nicest person possible to my cats.