Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Gros Morne National Park
Nahanni National Park Reserve
Coastal Mountains in BC

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The only places I haven't yet been in Canada are Newfoundland and Yukon. Kluani in Yukon would be nice.

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
Della Falls

Mt. Hkusam

Knight Inlet

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I still would love to see the Maritimes and visit Sassie....

I would love to go to the coffee houses in Toronto when my aunt and her girlfriend went to the University there and practically lived on Avenue Road - we had great letters and phone calls about this
fantastic area of Toronto....I have no idea what it is like now...

I would like to revisit my father's family properties near Cochrane, Alberta. The original house is still there - when they finally got around to building a real house.

Another trip to Long Beach on the west coast of Vancouver Island, when I was a little kid - we took small aircraft and landed on the beach (impossible now).... caught critters (ugh) to eat and the sand was as hard as cement and so beautiful....I was terrified and fascinated at the same time. It's all developed now - another 'civilized' sign of regress not progress.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Smartie - you caught my hint hint hint!!!

Sassie would probably end up pushing me into the Bay of F at high tide~!!! lol

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've really never done much traveling in the south west of alberta.

And I'd love to visit either coast, anywhere. I haven't traveled nearly enough. I'd want to just drive, take in as much as possible.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Niagra Falls
Montreal, there is a "family home" there that is now a museum and has some of the history of our family that I NEED to see.
Nova Scotia

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
where are they? I love waterfalls

They are the tallest falls in Canada located in Strathcona Provincial Park. First you must run nearly the entire length of Great Central Lake (most people hire a boat a the local lodge) then hike in 16 km to the base of the falls. For the view shown in the picture you have to hike a further couple kms up a steep hillside toward Love Lake.

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/trails/?id=13

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I just looked it up for myself. Amazing stuff. Apparently it's a 7 hour hike, which'd make it tough to get back during daylight... I'd love to give it a go, though

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
They are the tallest falls in Canada located in Strathcona Provincial Park. First you must run nearly the entire length of Great Central Lake (most people hire a boat a the local lodge) then hike in 16 km to the base of the falls. For the view shown in the picture you have to hike a further couple kms up a steep hillside toward Love Lake.

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/trails/?id=13

Thanks Joe - I've just spent a few minutes looking at the map - boy am I homesick now!!!