top three places you'd like to visit in Canada

ottawabill
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Smartie - you caught my hint hint hint!!!

Sassie would probably end up pushing me into the Bay of F at high tide~!!! lol

dang where is Sassie? I haven't heard from her is sooo long..on here or by email....Sassie come home!!!

hhmm top 3 places

Yukon, is the only place I want to go in Canada that i haven't been..
Other two fav's are....where I live Rideau river, canal and lakes area
and Newfoundland

DurkaDurka
Sunnyvale trailer park is the only place I would like to visit in Canada at the moment.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Im fortunate. Ive been to the maritimes and more!
Would love to go back to Quebec City (taking EB with me as a tourguide)
Would love to spend a week researching in Ottawa.
I want to stand on a glacier.

We have a glacier right here in the Comox Valley/Courtenay. There is a hiking trail to it, and it is
travelled quite extensively. It sits very majestically looking over all of us in the valley, and it can
be seen from almost everywhere in this area. Very beautiful, especially in late winter.
It sits right along the beaufort range, and I've been told that when you are standing on the top you
can look directly west and see other glaciers as well.

hermanntrude
glacier:

calmecam
Nunavut
Newfoundland
Stratford and Shaw festivals

hermanntrude

If you squint really hard you can see my friend tim standing on the wharf about to jump in

El Barto
darn my pics are too big , I'm looking into reducing them.
Next year its the 400th anniversary of Quebec city, I'm hoping that there will be sail boats like the tall ships a few years ago.

hermanntrude
I use imageshack. They have an option to reduce the images to the correct size for a message board. Very convenient

El Barto
Herm I am detoured in my efforts at the moment with Tostitos hint of lime chips , salsa sauce and a Sleeman Lager.
Thanks i'll look it up.

El Barto
um ok this was reduced by photoshop....crossing fingers pic 81 forum.jpg

El Barto
Doh !!!!!!

El Barto
pic 81 forum.jpg
ok second try.....btw did i ever mentioned that i used to be blonde?

El Barto
there's the proof

El Barto
pic 81 forum.jpg
this is 36.3 kb
what am i doing wrong?
Can anyone dumb it up for me?

Toro
Looks awesome!

El Barto
Darn you Toro , ROFL

El Barto

Crossing fingers xx

El Barto

It worked .....Wo Hoo

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Looks awesome!

did you actually see the pics?
It just appeared the first two tries i did today.
thought you were joking. o.O

El Barto

El Barto
Sorry to hog the thread with my blondish attempts at posting pics , if a mod would like to delete my first few tries i'd be greatful.

hermanntrude
nice pics EB

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

I still would love to see the Maritimes and visit Sassie....

I would love to go to the coffee houses in Toronto when my aunt and her girlfriend went to the University there and practically lived on Avenue Road - we had great letters and phone calls about this
fantastic area of Toronto....I have no idea what it is like now...

I would like to revisit my father's family properties near Cochrane, Alberta. The original house is still there - when they finally got around to building a real house.

Another trip to Long Beach on the west coast of Vancouver Island, when I was a little kid - we took small aircraft and landed on the beach (impossible now).... caught critters (ugh) to eat and the sand was as hard as cement and so beautiful....I was terrified and fascinated at the same time. It's all developed now - another 'civilized' sign of regress not progress.

Curio, if you're talking to Sassie ask her if she drives a big dark halfton truck with a front plate that says SASSIE, and if she was traveling east on the #4 about two and a half months ago. I almost turned arround to check the babe out but thought better of it. It had the potential to be a close encounter of the wierdest kind.

JoeSchmoe
I remember those exact scenes when I was in Quebec City a few years ago.... it's a beautiful city!

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

nice pics EB

Thanks Herm but all i needed was a beautiful day which i got the rest kind of happened by it self.

triedit
I need a vacation right now. EB will you meet me in QC for a secret tryst? You can take me on one of those carriage rides and read the newspaper to me in French. I won't have a clue what you're saying but it will be so charming!!!

El Barto

I need a vacation right now. EB will you meet me in QC for a secret tryst? You can take me on one of those carriage rides and read the newspaper to me in French. I won't have a clue what you're saying but it will be so charming!!!

Um sounds nice Tri but about saying things in french and not knowing what i said , well er ....ask Curio about that hahahaha.
sounded romantic but was really sexist ha ha ha ha

hermanntrude

I need a vacation right now. EB will you meet me in QC for a secret tryst?

rule #1 of secret trysts:

don't make them public, for instance, on a public forum.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

rule #1 of secret trysts:

don't make them public, for instance, on a public forum.

HA HA HA ROFLMAO Herm you point out the obvious when it goes over my head HAHAHA

El Barto

This is my favorite place to unwind . Veterans park Lake Megantic with the view of mount Megantic.
I come here to meet the lady of the lake ....well er maybe just the lake.