Public Guardian's Office

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
They're publicly provided advocates for the legal rights of children, and for adults who can't make their own decisions.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Thanks Karrie.

We don't know what we're getting into as beneficiaries of an estate, but the Public Guardian
office has contacted us and will be sending us written information about it. None of it looks easy.
All of it looks very complicated with property, bank accounts and a son who was left out of it all.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, I'd assume that going through the Public Guardians Office, they'll be helping sort it out. It might be easier than trying to do it other ways. But, I've never had to deal with anything like that. Best of luck.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
The Public Guardian office has been very helpful. They even complained that the executor was hard to get a hold of and that he only emerged when the Public Guardian stated we would become executors if he didn't respond.

We don't seem to have that kind of leverage. I wonder why an executor doesn't feel the courtesy to respond on the status of it all to the named beneficiaries ?

The lawyer named as executor has declined to respond to any of our emails or letters.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Jim, cc your next letters to the law society of BC and to the public trustee. You'll probably get contacted.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Funny thing about lawyers, some lawyers, most lawyers but not all lawyers, only 90% of lawyers, thier O/K if they know you have another lawyer watching them but then you have to keep them from conspiring against you. Good luck Jim.