Jun 18, 2007
wow.

More hubba-hubba examples here:

http://www.eatliver.com/makeup/#null

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Just showed those pics to my hunny and my daughter. Both initially thought there must have been surgery involved. A closer look says nope. Some dental work maybe, but I don't think they've had anything permanently altered. It's all make-up and hair do overs.

I want one too!

triedit

inimitable
I had my hair and makeup professionally done for work on the promotional circuit for the movie White Noise. It was amazing. And I've had glamor shots done...would love to find another one of those deals. For about $100 you get your hair and makeup and several wardrobe changes. Then of course you can buy the pics. Do they do that in Canada? Or was it just a passing fad from the 90's?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Anything for money. You want it, you got it. Bring your gold card though.
http://www.torontoglamourshots.com/

I had my hair and makeup professionally done for work on the promotional circuit for the movie White Noise. It was amazing. And I've had glamor shots done...would love to find another one of those deals. For about $100 you get your hair and makeup and several wardrobe changes. Then of course you can buy the pics. Do they do that in Canada? Or was it just a passing fad from the 90's?

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Most of the girls were not bad-looking, it's just that they didn't take slightest trouble to make themselves look good. I detest this kind of laziness in women. We are supposed to be beautiful, because we are supposed to be beautiful. Or at least good-looking. It takes some trouble to achieve it, but once you get used to taking care of your appearance, it's not hard at all. Plain laziness lead them to looking like they did on the "before" pictures.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I don't know about plane laziness but there is a lot of extra work that's gone into making them look more like people at their best. Lighting plays a role along with where they taking the pictures.

I think it's just the unrealistic measure we foist upon women and more often now men too, of what is considered beautiful. I don't think it's any wonder why some kids who just don't have the thousands of dollars to spend on professional make up, hair and a good photoshop artist each year.

Most of the girls were not bad-looking, it's just that they didn't take slightest trouble to make themselves look good. I detest this kind of laziness in women. We are supposed to be beautiful, because we are supposed to be beautiful. Or at least good-looking. It takes some trouble to achieve it, but once you get used to taking care of your appearance, it's not hard at all. Plain laziness lead them to looking like they did on the "before" pictures.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Is that a real transformation or just another trick being played on people like the photos of skinny models that circulated last year throughout the Internet?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I think the beauty was always there Goph, just needed some assistance so others could see it.......

If it's a trick, it's a good'un.

:smile:Nugg.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
There's no question in my mind that beauty is innate and with a little help can be expressed outwardly as in those photos. I was just wondering if they were the same girls but it wouldn't surprise me too much if it was true. :)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I've seen some transformations in truly depressed and battered women

They spend some time in getting assessed and counselled by a makeover person - and during the process of becoming beautiful in their presentations, their inner being also feels a renewed confidence and a lifting of the personal mood.

Makeovers are truly a wonderful path for a woman to follow as long as attention is paid to her self worth. It's a total package that works.

A woman's appearance is often the first thing to go if she is in trouble - financially, personally, mentally, and all the other reasons we realize we are alone in a sea of mud.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Makeovers are truly a wonderful path for a woman to follow as long as attention is paid to her self worth. It's a total package that works.

Agree with you, Curio. A change in appearance is just a reflection of an inner change. The scope of one depends on the scope of the other.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Oh yes, if make up can transform women like that, then a little transformation on men could only help matters. The make up seems to move the cheek highlights up a bit, cover up any marks like freckles, make the eyes sparkle and, generally speaking, take a number of years off women. Why shouldn't men take a few years off so women appreciate them a bit more too?

triedit

inimitable
Oh yes, if make up can transform women like that, then a little transformation on men could only help matters. The make up seems to move the cheek highlights up a bit, cover up any marks like freckles, make the eyes sparkle and, generally speaking, take a number of years off women. Why shouldn't men take a few years off so women appreciate them a bit more too?
here's a pretty good arguement against that...;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have to admit that some of those transformations were just short of miraculous but the girls in the before section looked like they had been "made down", to make the make-over more dramatic.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
While make-up can do miracles, never forget that there is nothing as shocking as seeing a woman with no make-up when you are used to always see her with it...