Rap radio /is it ruining our way of life

Dreadful Nonsense
ok so i have this xm radio....couple of days ago i tuned into RAW a rap channel unsencored....i dare you to give it a listen via this link....this ain't no ad for this...it's to prove a point...
www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelpage.xmc?ch=66 (external - login to view)

You have no idea what these songs are depicting!!!!
first off...one of the shows is not called Rap radio or anything it's called "****** Nation"...now i thought this was like total tabboo...but actually it's all these guys and girls talk about and they use the N word constant....

Now EVERYONE of these songs you hear is about money...lots of it...and not from education but from street means....It's completely glorified....

It's like there is some subtrafuge going on to get all these hip hop people killing and dealing and stealing for a living....I'm not lying....

It's some kinda weird anarchy going on....and they are given grammy awards for producing and writing and singing it!!!!

last year the number one song for the acadmy awards was this:

Chorus 2X: Shug - singing] + (Djay)
You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
[1] Because a whole lot of bitches talkin **** (you ain't knowin)
[2] Will have a whole lot of bitches talkin **** (you ain't knowin)

[Djay]
In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets
Gotta couple hoes workin on the changes for me
But I gotta keep my game tight like Kobe on game night
Like takin from a ho don't know no better, I know that ain't right
Done seen people killed, done seen people deal
Done seen people live in poverty with no meals
It's ****ed up where I live, but that's just how it is
It might be new to you, but it's been like this for years
It's blood sweat and tears when it come down to this ****
I'm tryin to get rich 'fore I leave up out this bitch
I'm tryin to have thangs but it's hard fo' a pimp
But I'm prayin and I'm hopin to God I don't slip, yeah

[Chorus]

[Djay]
Man it seems like I'm duckin dodgin bullets everyday
Niggaz hatin on me cause I got, hoes on the tray
But I gotta stay paid, gotta stay above water
Couldn't keep up with my hoes, that's when **** got harder
North Memphis where I'm from, I'm 7th Street bound
Where niggaz all the time end up lost and never found
Man these girls think we prove thangs, leave a big head
They come hopin every night, they don't end up bein dead
Wait I got a snow bunny, and a black girl too
You pay the right price and they'll both do you
That's the way the game goes, gotta keep it strictly pimpin
Gotta have my hustle tight, makin change off these women, yeah

Now i ask you what message is this sending to young people....

i dare you to listen to the link i gave you....hell after a few days of this i start to feel i'm some kinda chump for not owning a gun and gettin out there in my car and start to ride dirty and put a cap in your *** and take it from you....

IdRatherBeSkiing
There are so many other good channels on XM that one can easily ignore the ones that play c-rap. If thats what c-rap fans want to listen to, let them.

Locutus
It's not helping but to each their own. There are bigger concerns looming over the next few generations than non-talented (but cleverly marketed) people.

Dreadful Nonsense
I don't think you realize the effect this stuff is having...

I'm telling you...it's all about killing, dealing, pimping, stealing for huge money....
You cannot expect for millions of kids to listen to this stuff and not see it as a call to arms towards their getting wealthy....

#juan
I still can't believe there are people out there who think rap is music.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

I'm telling you...it's all about killing, dealing, pimping, stealing for huge money....
You cannot expect for millions of kids to listen to this stuff and not see it as a call to arms towards their getting wealthy....

I listened to gangster rap growing up. Easy-E to 2pac, Notorious BIG, Snoop, and on and on. I grew out of it. My friends all grew up to be normal well-adjusted people.

Now I don't listen to it at all, except for the occasional song that gets played in clubs.

gerryh

fear mongering. What was it parents and adults said about Rock and Roll through the 50's and 60's?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I still can't believe there are people out there who think rap is music.

You listen to Rock and Roll in the 50's Juan?

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

fear mongering. What was it parents and adults said about Rock and Roll through the 50's and 60's?

I'm sorry gerry...tell me one 50's tune where the lyrics are about getting rich from shooting people for their dope so you can have 10 bithces in your bed treating them like a pimp.....

gerryh

I'm sorry gerry...tell me one 50's tune where the lyrics are about getting rich from shooting people for their dope so you can have 10 bithces in your bed treating them like a pimp.....

It's besides the point WHAT the lyrics say.......half the music I grew up with missed most of the inuendo and even the not so subtle inuendo untill I got a whole hell of alot older and listened to it again. The fact is, "kids" music has ALWAYS gotten a bad "rap" from Adults. Remember "zoot suits" and the music of that era? 50's rock, 60's acid rock, 70's heavy metal................. It's just music, take a chill pill. The world isn't going to come to an end, and ifit wasn't "rap music" it would be some other excuse used for SOME kids bad behaviour.

eh1eh
It's all realative. When poor kids hear this stuff they take it as an anthem. A way out of the sh*t they are in.

When middle class hear this the just laugh at the gangsta persona and think it sounds cool. Then they grow up normal like me and Tonnington. I listened to punk rock in my day. Anarchay, Never Mind the Bollocks. LOL

Said1
Some of it's pretty damn funny too!

Speaking of older music and innuendo, country music is full of it too. Then there are songs about killing the women trying to steal their man and their husbands coming home all drunk and horney. Normal stuff. That is, art imitates life.

Locutus
On the other side of the broadcasting coin is crap like Don Imus and Al Sharpton. Or the 'all Carpenters' station (shudder). You can't have it all and be 'fair'. Just don't get me started on that crooked scumbag Benny Hinn.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Some of it's pretty damn funny too!

Speaking of older music and innuendo, country music is full of it too. Then there are songs about killing the women trying to steal their man and their husbands coming home all drunk and horney. Normal stuff. That is, art imitates life.

Had to love guys like these, no innuendo at all:

"I'm gonna give you every inch of my love......"
www.led-zeppelin.com/EMl2.html (external - login to view)

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

It's all realative. When poor kids hear this stuff they take it as an anthem. A way out of the sh*t they are in.

When middle class hear this the just laugh at the gangsta persona and think it sounds cool. Then they grow up normal like me and Tonnington. I listened to punk rock in my day. Anarchay, Never Mind the Bollocks. LOL

this is a very valid point...This is the market that scares me though...this gun violence , the stabbings it's all like part of a really nightmary rap video

i still listen to punk..hell i was a punk..for like real....and AVRIL is not a punker....man....

Cosmo
I'm with you, Doc. People do, indeed, listen to the lyrics. That's how you sing along and I've seen kids doing that. I'm sure they haven't made up their own more socially acceptable lyrics to the songs. <eye roll>

I agree that every generation thinks the one following it is going to hell in a handbasket. But just because fear mongering has been a part of the world, a lot of crying "wolf" (no, not you Lone Wolf!) going on, it doesn't mean that this time there might not be a real problem with it.

I've listened to the lyrics ... actually looked some of them up since I thought I hadda be hearing it wrong ... and some of the rap music is pretty nasty. It demeans women, authority and each other.

Listening to that violent crap over and over ain't good for people. That's my stand I'm stickin' to it!

missile
The rap 'lyrics' simply reflect the way it is on the street for young,poor Blacks. That is a very sad thing in my opinion.