post-a-thon ideas

Would you be interested in pledging towards or participating in a post-a-thon?

• yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The idea has been raised that the CanCon membership might like to participate in a charity event.

We're batting around the idea of hosting a post-a-thon. All monies raised will go to a charity as yet to be decided by the membership.

Your thoughts on the matter would be appreciated, along with any suggestions for charities.

I'd like to throw out my own idea to get things started.....

The Canadian Cancer Society.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This sounds like a great idea. However, since I am a little short in the monetary department, how about I pimp myself out to all the beautiful women of CanCon(of which there are plenty!).:smile:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
That is a beautiful idea and I wish you all agreement on the thought...

I am sorry I do not contribute to large charities, but have a private personal charity which I donate cash assistance to people in need if and when I read or hear about it - anonymously - and without the usual tax break incentive charitable donations often involve...

I have seen too many glitches in charities such as the high cost of administrating them and prefer to do my own work in my community, quietly, without publicity. I have been doing this for five years now and it was the best and most fulfilling decision I have made.

I hope the group will understand if I opt out but you have my complete devotion to success.

I believe in helping those in need !

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well Curio, that's aways a possibility too... a donation to a family in need. I wouldn't be adverse to that idea either.

That is a beautiful idea and I wish you all agreement on the thought...

I am sorry I do not contribute to large charities, but have a private personal charity which I donate cash assistance to people in need if and when I read or hear about it - anonymously - and without the usual tax break incentive charitable donations often involve...

I have seen too many glitches in charities such as the high cost of administrating them and prefer to do my own work in my community, quietly, without publicity. I have been doing this for five years now and it was the best and most fulfilling decision I have made.

I hope the group will understand if I opt out but you have my complete devotion to success.

I believe in helping those in need !

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I definitely have a few old Loonies I can send to a worthy cause......They are going up in value you know...:smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It could be toward something like a Christmas hamper for a needy family.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This sounds like a great idea. However, since I am a little short in the monetary department, how about I pimp myself out to all the beautiful women of CanCon(of which there are plenty!).:smile:

I had exactly the same idea....:lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Seriously, I will participate in a post-a-thon, I will contribute money........I just won't run anywhere....:lol:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Well Curio, that's aways a possibility too... a donation to a family in need. I wouldn't be adverse to that idea either.

Karrie

It was not my intention to suggest you adopt what I do.... I was personally opting out of the proposed one here because of my own work, but wishing you good fortune in a wonderful idea.

I only contribute to people who live in my home town but giving is special - I hope you guys can find a way.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well since Kreskin mentioned a christmas hamper, what about toys for tots or something?

Mind you... I still like the idea of the Canadian Cancer Society.

Just giving the forum a quick think over too though, there are a lot of people impacted by other things too, like arthritis.

This could be the hardest part! lol.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
It could be toward something like a Christmas hamper for a needy family.
up until i read this i was out....i don't do paypal all though i have an old account...i don't do any credit card deal online....hackers advice...i gave up on giving my phone number to stores as well...all that stuff....

but if i can mail a cheque to kreskin...i will do it.....

i live at the poverty level...but am willing to contribute something to this idea of a christmas hamper to some needy person....if one could actually find a person that is in dire straights...and surprise the hell out of them with something at christmas...i would love to be a part to it....but pulease!!!!someone pm the proper math so i don't go overboard...lol!!!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's not a bad idea Zan.

Keep tossing out the ideas guys, and we'll do up another poll with some of them.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
get that stupid suggestion out of my POST-A-THON thread you, you, you.... idea spoiler you!!