what are your fears?

View Poll Results: what is your first priority?
your sucess in your career 7 53.85%
your sucess in your social life 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

obscure island
hi everybody ...have you ever faced your fears ? do you think they are justified?what are thier roots?

i am gonna start with my self .my past fears was darkness and ghosts .they were unjustified but may be the age played a role in forming such fears...but after i become a mom to two children ,my fears start to change .i fear to lose them in an acciedent..i fear to lose my husband to face life alone to raise up my children alone..i do not know if they are justified or not ..friends share your fears with me here...it will be an outlet..

lone wolf
Waking up one morning and realizing this IS real....

Wolf

Curiosity
I've pretty much dumped that word from my life now. It feels bloody good!

obscure island
hi curiosity ...how did you dump that word .let,s benefit from you..
Last edited by obscure island; Sep 14th, 2007 at 05:25 PM..Reason: spelling mistake

Curiosity
Obscure - thank you for asking - I didn't mean to sound so casual but there was no need to embellish - I have simply dumped fear. It has become cumbersome and I want to enjoy my life.

Fear does not deter or remove what will happen to us in our lives - therefore why spend our lives in
anticipation that fear will win. Seems a bit of a waste of life to me.

Start with the little things we take for granted and take notice of them - you might be surprised how filled with good your life actually is. Good begets more.

I am not giving out feelgood sop either - it is fact. I am living it. Life becomes what you decide it will be or could be.

eh1eh
I've dumped fear from my social life after learning what selfish bastards humans can be. I now don't fear rejection as I only accept people who give what I give in return. Generally speaking I'm a honest caring guy. If I don't get that in return I don't fear the results as I have taken control and simply return to those people what they have given me.
As far a my carreer goes that is an on going , learning process. Fear is still there, but maybe that is a tool. The trick is to use it as a tool and not sit back and let things pass by.

Cathardic. I'm jumping into a 7 didgit contract that will almost double my bussiness. My fear, cash flow. Will it pan out. I don't care now. I'm facing my fear, bank be damned.

Curiosity
Fear can be very constructive if it is put to good use - it creates energy in us where there may only be lethargy - and preference for the status quo. Fear (or recognition of it) causes humans to do amazing things to get through and past fear. Consider it a gift and take it on.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Cathardic. I'm jumping into a 7 didgit contract that will almost double my bussiness. My fear, cash flow. Will it pan out. I don't care now. I'm facing my fear, bank be damned.

Good for you eh1eh!!! Next time make it 8 digits!

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

Good for you eh1eh!!! Next time make it 8 digits!

If the bank lets me throughthis sh*t storm then I will be all over 8 didgits. Thanks.

Unforgiven
The older I get the more fear I have. Back when I was imortal and owned the world, I feared nothing.

china
What do we mean by fear? Fear of what? There are various types of fear and we need not analyse every type. But we can see that fear comes into being when our comprehension of relationship is not complete. Relationship is not only between people but between ourselves and nature, between ourselves and property, between ourselves and ideas; as long as that relationship is not fully understood, there must be fear. Life is relationship. To be is to be related and without relationship there is no life. Nothing can exist in isolation; so long as the mind is seeking isolation, there must be fear. Fear is not an abstraction; it exists only in relation to something.

unclepercy
My greatest life-long fear is being lost, and no one will help. I dream different versions of
this same theme and have for my entire life. I awake and try to shake it off. Last nite's
dream was particularly long and worrisome. I can't overcome it. I suppose it dates back to
being given up as an infant.

Uncle

obscure island
hi...that reminds me of my recurring nightmare.i see myself about to fall down from a high building. or i see myself climbing a long ladder that leads to nothing.it turns out to be broken from the top...

hermanntrude
I counted my family life as part of my social life, which makes it top priority by a long way. My friends are important too.

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercyView Post

My greatest life-long fear is being lost, and no one will help. I dream different versions of
this same theme and have for my entire life. I awake and try to shake it off. Last nite's
dream was particularly long and worrisome. I can't overcome it. I suppose it dates back to
being given up as an infant.

Uncle

UnclePercy

Your post gave me a great deal of interest - if I may - how old were you when you were 'given up'?

karrie
"We all have our fears, Randy. I fear snakes, and rape."
-Catalina.

fuzzylogix
As per recent events, I fear waking up to find I am having an autopsy performed on me.

cortex
I find this question amusing. Quite theoretical, in my case since I have no career nor social life. Thought itself requires no such illusions.

pixichick
"feel the fear and do it anyway"...

Vereya
It's hard to say what my fears are. Theoretically, I am afraid of lots of things, but when I really have to encounter some of them, I forget about the fear and just deal with the situation.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogixView Post

As per recent events, I fear waking up to find I am having an autopsy performed on me.

Wow ..That was pretty open of you to share that..

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

UnclePercy

Your post gave me a great deal of interest - if I may - how old were you when you were 'given up'?

I was 4 days old. I dreamed a similar dream last night. I have a quote from the Bible framed that seems to say it pretty well:

You have been My God,
Be not far from Me
For trouble is near
For there is none to help. Psalms 22, 10-11

Uncle

cortex
I fear being banned by the devil thing called cancon.

Curiosity
Uncle Percy

That's a huge thing to live with - can you remember when you first understood what had happened to you? How were you told?

If I am being too nosy...just tell me to back off.... I don't often get to discuss this with people...

I have a specific interest in separation anxiety and its roots....and with the state of children being
moved around like chess pawns these days, it is blossoming like the worst plague....

Still it isn't the first time in our western civilization children were uprooted and moved, often because of illness and death in the family though - not the choices made these days...

china
Quote:

It's hard to say what my fears are. Theoretically, I am afraid of lots of things, but when I really have to encounter some of them, I forget about the fear and just deal with the situation.

Which means that the moment you become active ,you stop thinking about fear(s).
You're the greatest Vereya !

Niflmir
Its been a long time since I felt some genuine fear. Thankfully. As for things I worry about... depends on the moment.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by cortexView Post

I fear being banned by the devil thing called cancon.

Oh once you get your cherry popped it's not so scary.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Uncle Percy

That's a huge thing to live with - can you remember when you first understood what had happened to you? How were you told?

If I am being too nosy...just tell me to back off.... I don't often get to discuss this with people...

I have a specific interest in separation anxiety and its roots....and with the state of children being
moved around like chess pawns these days, it is blossoming like the worst plague....

Still it isn't the first time in our western civilization children were uprooted and moved, often because of illness and death in the family though - not the choices made these days...

I was put out for adoption, and my parents told me when I was 3. In my 30's I had a "feeling" that something terrible was about to happen, and it had something to do with my adoption. Eventually I found my biological mother, but she had been dead for a long time. When she became pregnant with me, it created a rift between her and her mother that they never healed. My mother ate herself up with guilt and wouldn't go for cancer treatmenet at age 43. I was right: All of my relatives except one had died of cancer at an early age. I even took my adoptive mother to my biological mother's grave some 2,000 miles away. Who can say that?

I have never known my father, and he probably did not know I existed. It's embarrassing not to know your parentage. I was not, however, shifted from pillar to post. I had wonderful adoptive parents until the day they died. You absolutely cannot understand how it feels to be adopted unless you too
have been adopted.

Uncle

GaurdianX
I fear only one thing in my life, myself.