A question

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Is there an occurance of something that is one of a kind in nature? Not like a snow flake where it's just a little different from the next but basically the same thing. But something that there is nothing at all like it on Earth or even the Universe for that matter?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
First thing that comes to mind is Coral.......

All different while having the same basic composition.......?

But one of a kind.....? I don't know.......

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well not really what I mean. I mean you and I are different but stepping back, we're the same compared to coral.

I'm after something that occurs naturally that there is only one of. Like say a Unicorn for example. A lot like a horse except it's not a horse at all and there is only one. Distinct and different than all others.

I can't think of anything that is like that.

First thing that comes to mind is Coral.......

All different while having the same basic composition.......?

But one of a kind.....? I don't know.......

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Discovery had a show on Black Holes here in our own planet under the waters in what we call the Bermuda Triangle.

It was pretty credible stuff - but then I am ignorant in the ways of science and exploration - still I loved the concept that we haven't explored enough of our earth and we are so busy racing into space.

And how does this fit into the OP? I would hope there is only one Black Hole if that is to be proven.

Oh nag - I forgot the desert in South America where you can see aeronautical patterns from above and not when looking from earth. The Peruvian Desert... Not that my research makes it any clearer!

Last edited:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Are you asking for species with a unique evolution, and only of them?

There are several that I have heard. Only recently has this cataloging begun.

I can only recall the Slender Loris and the Bumblebee Bat.

They are both species with a distinct evolution.

Is that what you mean?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well you're on the right track now but still I don't think you quite have what I mean.

Nice try DaS but no cigar. As there are unconfirmed sightings all over the contenant it's too much for just one Sasquatch. Sadly. ;)

Imagine a tree that produces a unique fruit, like lets say a donut. And there is only one of these trees. No propogation at all. Just the one single unique tree, distinctly unlike other trees.

But it doesn't have to be a tree or an animal and there much be nothing at all like it anywhere. Not man made, and I think living, or living at some point.

Black hole is a good guess but they exist elsewhere most likely so not unique in the way I'm looking for.

I've been thinking on this for a couple of days now and I can't come up with a single example of something that is unique in that way yet.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
So what this is all about is a question about God.
If there is no occurrence of a single entity unlike any other that isn't just some mutation of an existing species, then why would there be a single unique god?
It just doesn't seem to make sense. And so I've been wondering about this conundrum and posed the question.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Unforgiven

Why do you think of god in terms of one-ness, singularity, unique-ness, solitary...?

What if god is everyone and our only ability to conceive of such an entity is to remove it from ourselves and place it high above us with qualities we believe are beyond our reach?

What if we are all god?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
To focus the question. Representation in the scriptures doesn't claim a multitude of gods as far as I know. So if it is a singluar entity, then wouldn't that be out of sync with everything else known to exist?

Unforgiven

Why do you think of god in terms of one-ness, singularity, unique-ness, solitary...?

What if god is everyone and our only ability to conceive of such an entity is to remove it from ourselves and place it high above us with qualities we believe are beyond our reach?

What if we are all god?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Unforgiven

Doesn't each religion claim a god or deity? Therefore wouldn't there be replication of gods or some kind of plurality according to which god was being worshipped.

Or do you believe that all religions finally meet in terms of worshipping a supreme being - and only the name is changed.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Unforgiven

Doesn't each religion claim a god or deity? Therefore wouldn't there be replication of gods or some kind of plurality according to which god was being worshipped.

Or do you believe that all religions finally meet in terms of worshipping a supreme being - and only the name is changed.

I'm not sure if they do or not. But I do know that each claim the one and only and that makes for a unique entity. Even if they are all the same with a different name, it still remains to be a single unique entity right?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
There's only one planet known to sustain life.

True enough, but that I suspect is only a matter of perception. As a 5 day old baby has no understanding of the existence of the snow shovel doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We're still finding new life forms on this planet and on a larger scale, we have just barely become aware of our surroundings.

An interesting proposal that should we find a method to terraform Mars into a habitable life sustaining planet, what ramifications would it have on Genesis?

Good point about the planet though. That is the closest thing to it so far.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There's only one planet known to sustain life.

Yet....if you believe in evolution as opposed to creation.....then it does not make sense that in all the galaxies of the universe this is the only planet capable, and sustaining life, and I realise you said known.......

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So what this is all about is a question about God.
If there is no occurrence of a single entity unlike any other that isn't just some mutation of an existing species, then why would there be a single unique god?
It just doesn't seem to make sense. And so I've been wondering about this conundrum and posed the question.

Even God stated that we should have no gods before him according to the Bible. That doesn't sound like a unique being.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
It's sort of weird but the Vedic tradition always has it's God's procreating as well and carrying on the specis if you will.
Even the main God's that are responsable for existance to actually exist are three and they have wives and children...who in turn will take their place when they die..i guess when they die the big crunch happens and when their offspring take over the big bang happens.....first time ever for me thinking of it this way....hmmmmmmmm.....

I don't think the universe produses singalrities...hence the concept of God as a single entity outside of existance is out the window...it's not natural......

there is a great Alchemical statement by Hermes"As above so below"

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm after something that occurs naturally that there is only one of. Like say a Unicorn for example. A lot like a horse except it's not a horse at all and there is only one. Distinct and different than all others.

I had a unicorn. His name was Popeye. He was a 3/4's alpine with one horn. A true unicorn! k, not what you meant I know...but how many people have had a goat with 1 horn? not so many I'd imagine

Does the singularity have to be organic? Can it be something like personality? Which is unique in each individual. No 2 are alike? Unlike the snowflake thingy.