Holy Kung Pao Batman!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So, if any of you have called any talked to me today (what? You never phoned?), then you'd probably be aware that I have the head cold from hell.
This one set in within the space of about 15 minutes, like someone had punched me between the eyes. Suddenly, I was carting my laptop off to bed with me to stare at all our conversations through a haze. I slept for roughly 13 hours last night because of it.

So, for supper tonight (yes, you were wondering where the thread came from weren't you?), I ordered Kung Pao chicken from a takeout restaurant.

Yum.... no one would want to be eating with me right now, but darn it, I can finally taste something!

What are your sure fire avenues to take when these nasty bugs finally catch up with you (despite the fact that most of us rarely leave the computer for human interaction)?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I believe so, but I'm not certain.

I like onion soup as well... nice and strong with lots of garlic.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I've always been a fan of Neo Citran. Also, lots of herbal tea. Basically hot liquids and rest.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
what I like is powdered ice tea in boiling water... don't ask why. lol. but it's only good in the morning... keeps you from sleeping otherwise.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Contact C - the non-drowsy stuff. Lots and lots of water - and tea. Lots of tea - green tea, peppermint tea, chamomile. Chicken soup - it's trite cause it works.

Poor muffin, hope you're feeling better soon - nothing like a stuffed up noggin to make ya wanna curl up and sleep away a few days.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
ok this is the best cold flu remedy to be taken at night .....

Ya take a nice inch or so of ginger root and thinly slice it.....bring it to a simmer...not a boil and let it simmer for about ten minutes....add that to yer fav cup with a tablespoon of honey and some lemon squeezed in....sip it hot.....

trust the ole doc here......

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I get wired from coffee... I don't think the world needs to see what I'd be like on cocaine.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Two very delicious drinks that will sure cure any cold:
the first one is a cup of really hot water, with two spoons of honey and a good slice of lemon.
And the second one is a cup of hot milk, with honey and melted butter. My mother always made me drink this one when I was a kid and had a cold, and I hated it. Sometime ago I had a really severe cold, remembered this remedy and thought that something that tastes so awful will definitely cure you. And I made myself this mixture, and prepared to make a heroic effort to drink it, and then, to my surprise, I discovered that it is very delicious. I must have been a silly kid :lol: And it did cure the cold, by the way.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Unfortunately a cold is a virus and as such there is no cure. It's going to run it's course and that will be that. Being a mother of small children there isn't much you can do really. Though once they are old enough to fend for themselves for a day or two, get smashed drunk. Then at least you really have a good reason to feel like crap.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
my uncle's fave aid for a cold was a jar he kept on his counter 'in case of emergency'. Garlic sliced up and steeping in vodka. He'd pull a tablespoon of the garlic out, eat it, then pour a shot of the vodka and down it. I don't know that it helped shorten the cold much, but yeah, it helped him stop caring I suppose. lol.

I have a good friend who drinks a bottle of amaretto. "flushes it out" as she likes to say. lol. Too sweet for me to even care trying that one.