According to a poster here on CanCon

View Poll Results: Becoming American would be a fate worse than death for most Canadians.
Yes, that's right we're bigots. 4 16.67%
How dare the poster speak on behlaf of MOST Canadians 7 29.17%
No, that's completely untrue. 6 25.00%
Other, Don't know, Don't Care 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

I think not
Becoming American would be a fate worse than death for most Canadians.

Blair's sinister campaign to undermine the Queen

#juan
I know it sounds like an insult to you when it is suggested that not everyone in the world wants to be just like you. Sorry. Most Canadians want to be Canadians......even though that option doesn't appear on your nasty little poll.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I know it sounds like an insult to you when it is suggested that not everyone in the world wants to be just like you. Sorry. Most Canadians want to be Canadians......even though that option doesn't appear on your nasty little poll.

Not so fast, you said death is preferable. That's a statement from a bigot. When will you ever admit you and your ilk are bigots? Just curious.

EDIT: Most Canadians want to be Canadians. There's a newsflash.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

Not so fast, you said death is preferable. That's a statement from a bigot. When will you ever admit you and your ilk are bigots? Just curious.

EDIT: Most Canadians want to be Canadians. There's a newsflash.

Ah...my ilk............I'll have to haul it out and look at it one of these days. I would discuss your ilk but isn't Bush in charge charge of all your ilks...?

I think not

Ah...my ilk............I'll have to haul it out and look at it one of these days. I would discuss your ilk but isn't Bush in charge charge of all your ilks...?

Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk. That ilk.

No Bush isn't even on my radar, let alone part of my ilk.

Truly, aren't you even the LEAST embarassed to make such a statement about an ENTIRE population, which incidentally INCLUDES Canadians that have fled the "promise" land"?

#juan

Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk. That ilk.

Truly, aren't you even the LEAST embarassed to make such a statement about an ENTIRE population, which incidentally INCLUDES Canadians that have fled the "promise" land"?

Quote:

Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk.

I say again. Most Canadians want to be Canadians. Complicated concept I know, but there it is...

karrie
ITN.

Yes, I would rather die than lose my national identity. I am proud to be Canadian. I would personally go to war, take up arms if it was needed, in order to preserve my nation. That does not make me a bigot. That makes me a patriot, something which an American, of all the nationalities who should understand patriotism, ought to get. Your poll is THE most ridiculous form of semantic slanting and trolling I've seen on this site in AGES.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

ITN.

Yes, I would rather die than lose my national identity. I am proud to be Canadian. I would personally go to war, take up arms if it was needed, in order to preserve my nation. That does not make me a bigot. That makes me a patriot, something which an American, of all the nationalities who should understand patriotism, ought to get. Your poll is THE most ridiculous form of semantic slanting and trolling I've seen on this site in AGES.

Naw. ITN's just got a grump on around this time of year.

karrie
Well, I'd gladly delete this thread and leave him to grump away in his own little corner if that's the case. But dragging the whole forum into a 'Canadian's are bigots if they're patriotic' mudfest is not okay.

I think not

ITN.

Baloney, what he said is crystal clear. What you said, is nowhere near what he did.

You continue to have a reading comprehension problem. I've noticed this with a few mods on this site, I am wondering if it is a requirement.

Go ahead and lock it. I said what I had to say.

karrie

Baloney, what he said is crystal clear. What you said, is nowhere near what he did.

You continue to have a reading comprehension problem. I've noticed this with a few mods on this site, I am wondering if it is a requirement.

Go ahead and lock it. I said what I had to say.

What 'he' said is not the point. What is the point is that your poll is slanted so that any answer not taking your side or his directly is impossible.

You are trying to prove yourself right through name calling and abuse. It doesn't work that way. If you really want people's views on what he said, open a thread asking for people's views on Canadian anti-americanism. Without the name calling and abuse. Open a thread that asks me these things without insults about reading comprehension, and your standoffish behavior, and you might for once read a thread where you find out how blurred patriotism and bigotry can seem at times. It's part of why other countries get so standoffish about the US... the patriotic attitude is very hard to pull off without an air of 'we're better than you.'

If you TRULY want to find out peoples' views, ask on even ground, not with a slanted poll like this.

Unforgiven

Sure Canadian **** stinks. It's just that there are ten times the people in America and their **** sticks ten times more due to volume. It's not bigotry
ya prejudice bastard, it's just that not all Canadians are wannabe Americans like the few who have moved there.

Face it spud, of all the Americans, those who would want to annex or even attack Canada are few. And those few who would, we as Canadians would arrest and jail, until we could get the rational Americans to agree to take you back and not let you out of the country without a responsible adult ever again.

I'm Canadian and I'm good with that thanks.

I think not

What 'he' said is not the point. What is the point is that your poll is slanted so that any answer not taking your side or his directly is impossible.

You are trying to prove yourself right through name calling and abuse. It doesn't work that way. If you really want people's views on what he said, open a thread asking for people's views on Canadian anti-americanism. Without the name calling and abuse. Open a thread that asks me these things without insults about reading comprehension, and your standoffish behavior, and you might for once read a thread where you find out how blurred patriotism and bigotry can seem at times. It's part of why other countries get so standoffish about the US... the patriotic attitude is very hard to pull off without an air of 'we're better than you.'

If you TRULY want to find out peoples' views, ask on even ground, not with a slanted poll like this.

Fine, you think the poll is slanted? I'll apologize and accomodate.

wallyj
This poll is just another cheap dig at the Americans. There is no one here who would realistically give up thier life rather than being branded an American. It is not about patriotism,it is children on thier "I am cool because I despise America" theme.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by wallyjView Post

This poll is just another cheap dig at the Americans. There is no one here who would realistically give up thier life rather than being branded an American. It is not about patriotism,it is children on thier "I am cool because I despise America" theme.

No one here despises America. Though I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would suggest it's just a few of the overly vocal Asshat Americans that are the but of all insults directed at the country.

Lovely landscape.

Locutus

Becoming American would be a fate worse than death for most Canadians.

Blair's sinister campaign to undermine the Queen

What do you care?

...but keep sewing our flags on your backpacks m'kay?

wallyj
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

No one here despises America. Though I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would suggest it's just a few of the overly vocal Asshat Americans that are the but of all insults directed at the country.

Lovely landscape.

I beg to differ,there is many on this forum who constantly put down America. This thread is an example of this.Better dead than American,that says to me that someone really has a hate on for the states.

YoungJoonKim
If I was American....."blank"
If I am Canadian...."blank"

karrie

I beg to differ,there is many on this forum who constantly put down America. This thread is an example of this.Better dead than American,that says to me that someone really has a hate on for the states.

Yes... and on the flip side, there are many americans on this forum who jump on any chance to label us all anti-american, and call us bigots. That says to me that the hatred and ridiculousness flows both ways.

YoungJoonKim
Its called nationalism and sometimes, it ain't pretty.
If there is so much nationalism, you see Nazi era once again.
If there is so little, you see country divided.
If there is moderation, you see a multiculturalism.

YoungJoonKim
I don't believe that being Canadian or American really matters..what really matters is that what you are as human being and the ability to change even a small things of this world.
So, I will not vote because it would be wrong for human to do so.
However, I will continue to criticize and make statement that makes me "anti-American" because its what I am called by people, which I seriously have trouble understanding.

gopher
Gopherlanders

Canada!!

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Gopherlanders

Canada!!

Back atcha Mr. Gopher.

Nuggler
Not a fate worse than death....................but I would prefer to remain Canadian.

Never have been a flag-waver but I sure do love this place

:c anada::can ada:

and

Tonington
For me, it's nothing about America, I just have no inclination at all to leave Canada. I'm sure most Americans feel the same way about their country.

CDNBear

It is not about patriotism,it is children on thier "I am cool because I despise America" theme.

That would sum it up for the nonthinking "I'm a free thinker" crowd, but CanCon is rife with anti Americanism, it has been for sometime, hell you can find Americans in this very thread that shyte on the US at almost every turn.

You know what I find insulting juan...not that I'm sure you care what I think...I find it insulting that you think you speak for the lot of us...and your continuous negative commentary on the US...

You've climbed up my azz for less, in the past.

It's legendary juan, there is no escaping it now.
----------

Anyways, here's what I have to say on the topic at hand...

This would all have to be based on the circumstances. Had the US attempted to annex us...By force...Then I would gladly die in my countries defence. But as I have stated in the past...Give me Canada or give me death...

That's not to state that I have any issues with the US...I'm just a diehard Canadian. And the truth betold...I would likely just up and move south if this country were to elect another Trudeau to the PMO anyways.

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

What do you care?

...but keep sewing our flags on your backpacks m'kay?

I have a Chevrolet emblem on my backpack...

It was free with the purchase of a $30,000 SUV...

What a bargain, huh?

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That would sum it up for the nonthinking "I'm a free thinker" crowd, but CanCon is rife with anti Americanism, it has been for sometime, hell you can find Americans in this very thread that shyte on the US at almost every turn.

You know what I find insulting juan...not that I'm sure you care what I think...I find it insulting that you think you speak for the lot of us...and your continuous negative commentary on the US...

You've climbed up my azz for less, in the past.

It's legendary juan, there is no escaping it now.
----------

Anyways, here's what I have to say on the topic at hand...

This would all have to be based on the circumstances. Had the US attempted to annex us...By force...Then I would gladly die in my countries defence. But as I have stated in the past...Give me Canada or give me death...

That's not to state that I have any issues with the US...I'm just a diehard Canadian. And the truth betold...I would likely just up and move south if this country were to elect another Trudeau to the PMO anyways.

Why are there threads about the U.S. annexing Canada? Does this issue seriously occupy the thoughts of everyday Canadians? Or is it just the "special" ones that imagine we want to add a maple leaf in with the other 50 stars on our flag?

lone wolf
Wouldn't go switch or die ... but sure as hell won't be called a bigot or a communist for voicing my own opinion - as is the right for all FREE people. Thanks Grand dad! BTW ... didn't a lot of AMERICAN guys die too so I could have that right?

Wolf
Last edited by lone wolf; Sep 8th, 2007 at 03:39 PM..

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaskaView Post

Why are there threads about the U.S. annexing Canada? Does this issue seriously occupy the thoughts of everyday Canadians? Or is it just the "special" ones that imagine we want to add a maple leaf in with the other 50 stars on our flag?

You've known me long enough to have known that was a hypothetical...albeit possible scenerio...

I fear that if another Trudeau gets into power here...the then US president may believe us in need of a "regime change"...