According to a poster here on CanCon

Becoming American would be a fate worse than death for most Canadians.

• Yes, that's right we're bigots.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • How dare the poster speak on behlaf of MOST Canadians

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, that's completely untrue.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other, Don't know, Don't Care

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I know it sounds like an insult to you when it is suggested that not everyone in the world wants to be just like you. Sorry. Most Canadians want to be Canadians......even though that option doesn't appear on your nasty little poll.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I know it sounds like an insult to you when it is suggested that not everyone in the world wants to be just like you. Sorry. Most Canadians want to be Canadians......even though that option doesn't appear on your nasty little poll.

Not so fast, you said death is preferable. That's a statement from a bigot. When will you ever admit you and your ilk are bigots? Just curious.

EDIT: Most Canadians want to be Canadians. There's a newsflash. :roll:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Not so fast, you said death is preferable. That's a statement from a bigot. When will you ever admit you and your ilk are bigots? Just curious.

EDIT: Most Canadians want to be Canadians. There's a newsflash. :roll:

Ah...my ilk....:roll:........I'll have to haul it out and look at it one of these days. I would discuss your ilk but isn't Bush in charge charge of all your ilks...?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ah...my ilk....:roll:........I'll have to haul it out and look at it one of these days. I would discuss your ilk but isn't Bush in charge charge of all your ilks...?

Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk. That ilk.

No Bush isn't even on my radar, let alone part of my ilk.

Truly, aren't you even the LEAST embarassed to make such a statement about an ENTIRE population, which incidentally INCLUDES Canadians that have fled the "promise" land"?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk. That ilk.

Truly, aren't you even the LEAST embarassed to make such a statement about an ENTIRE population, which incidentally INCLUDES Canadians that have fled the "promise" land"?
Yes, your ilk, the leftist bigoted bunch that think Canadians shyte don't stink ilk.
I say again. Most Canadians want to be Canadians. Complicated concept I know, but there it is...:smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
ITN.

Yes, I would rather die than lose my national identity. I am proud to be Canadian. I would personally go to war, take up arms if it was needed, in order to preserve my nation. That does not make me a bigot. That makes me a patriot, something which an American, of all the nationalities who should understand patriotism, ought to get. Your poll is THE most ridiculous form of semantic slanting and trolling I've seen on this site in AGES.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
ITN.

Yes, I would rather die than lose my national identity. I am proud to be Canadian. I would personally go to war, take up arms if it was needed, in order to preserve my nation. That does not make me a bigot. That makes me a patriot, something which an American, of all the nationalities who should understand patriotism, ought to get. Your poll is THE most ridiculous form of semantic slanting and trolling I've seen on this site in AGES.

Naw. ITN's just got a grump on around this time of year.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, I'd gladly delete this thread and leave him to grump away in his own little corner if that's the case. But dragging the whole forum into a 'Canadian's are bigots if they're patriotic' mudfest is not okay.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
ITN.

Baloney, what he said is crystal clear. What you said, is nowhere near what he did.

You continue to have a reading comprehension problem. I've noticed this with a few mods on this site, I am wondering if it is a requirement.

Go ahead and lock it. I said what I had to say.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Baloney, what he said is crystal clear. What you said, is nowhere near what he did.

You continue to have a reading comprehension problem. I've noticed this with a few mods on this site, I am wondering if it is a requirement.

Go ahead and lock it. I said what I had to say.

What 'he' said is not the point. What is the point is that your poll is slanted so that any answer not taking your side or his directly is impossible.

You are trying to prove yourself right through name calling and abuse. It doesn't work that way. If you really want people's views on what he said, open a thread asking for people's views on Canadian anti-americanism. Without the name calling and abuse. Open a thread that asks me these things without insults about reading comprehension, and your standoffish behavior, and you might for once read a thread where you find out how blurred patriotism and bigotry can seem at times. It's part of why other countries get so standoffish about the US... the patriotic attitude is very hard to pull off without an air of 'we're better than you.'

If you TRULY want to find out peoples' views, ask on even ground, not with a slanted poll like this.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Sure Canadian **** stinks. It's just that there are ten times the people in America and their **** sticks ten times more due to volume. It's not bigotry
ya prejudice bastard, it's just that not all Canadians are wannabe Americans like the few who have moved there.

Face it spud, of all the Americans, those who would want to annex or even attack Canada are few. And those few who would, we as Canadians would arrest and jail, until we could get the rational Americans to agree to take you back and not let you out of the country without a responsible adult ever again.

I'm Canadian and I'm good with that thanks.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
What 'he' said is not the point. What is the point is that your poll is slanted so that any answer not taking your side or his directly is impossible.

You are trying to prove yourself right through name calling and abuse. It doesn't work that way. If you really want people's views on what he said, open a thread asking for people's views on Canadian anti-americanism. Without the name calling and abuse. Open a thread that asks me these things without insults about reading comprehension, and your standoffish behavior, and you might for once read a thread where you find out how blurred patriotism and bigotry can seem at times. It's part of why other countries get so standoffish about the US... the patriotic attitude is very hard to pull off without an air of 'we're better than you.'

If you TRULY want to find out peoples' views, ask on even ground, not with a slanted poll like this.

Fine, you think the poll is slanted? I'll apologize and accomodate.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
This poll is just another cheap dig at the Americans. There is no one here who would realistically give up thier life rather than being branded an American. It is not about patriotism,it is children on thier "I am cool because I despise America" theme.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
This poll is just another cheap dig at the Americans. There is no one here who would realistically give up thier life rather than being branded an American. It is not about patriotism,it is children on thier "I am cool because I despise America" theme.

No one here despises America. Though I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would suggest it's just a few of the overly vocal Asshat Americans that are the but of all insults directed at the country.

Lovely landscape.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
No one here despises America. Though I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would suggest it's just a few of the overly vocal Asshat Americans that are the but of all insults directed at the country.

Lovely landscape.
I beg to differ,there is many on this forum who constantly put down America. This thread is an example of this.Better dead than American,that says to me that someone really has a hate on for the states.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I beg to differ,there is many on this forum who constantly put down America. This thread is an example of this.Better dead than American,that says to me that someone really has a hate on for the states.

Yes... and on the flip side, there are many americans on this forum who jump on any chance to label us all anti-american, and call us bigots. That says to me that the hatred and ridiculousness flows both ways.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Its called nationalism and sometimes, it ain't pretty.
If there is so much nationalism, you see Nazi era once again.
If there is so little, you see country divided.
If there is moderation, you see a multiculturalism.