20 Things you Didnít Know About... Hygiene

Twila
discovermagazine.com/2007/sep...-about-hygiene (external - login to view)

Quote:

Cleanliness is serious business; dirty hands killed a U.S. president.
by Liza Lentini and David Mouzon
1 ďHygieneĒ comes from Hygieia, the Greek goddess of health, cleanliness, and . . . the moon. Ancient Greek gods apparently worked double shifts.
2 The human body is home to some 1,000 species of bacteria. There are more germs on your body than people in the United States.
3 Not tonight dear, I just washed my hands: Antibacterial soap is no more effective at preventing infection than regular soap, and triclosan (the active ingredient) can mess with your sex hormones.
4 Save the germs! A study of over 11,000 children determined that an overly hygienic environment increases the risk of eczema and asthma.

Quote has been trimmed

lone wolf
Actually, that #8 has some truth to it. Piddling in the shower can cure your athletes' feet. Icky, but ... well, icky....

Wolf

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Actually, that #8 has some truth to it. Piddling in the shower can cure your athletes' feet. Icky, but ... well, icky....

Wolf

teatree oil is much nicer to use than one's own urine.. I'm assuming you were talking about peeing your own feet, not someone else's, right?

eh1eh
What could be cleaner than peeing in a giant overhead bidet. Get over the icky factor. You can drink urine in an emergency so it can't be that bad.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

What could be cleaner than peeing in a giant overhead bidet. Get over the icky factor. You can drink urine in an emergency so it can't be that bad.

Is that like an "all guys do it, but no one admits it" sort of thing? The shower I mean, not the drinking. LOL.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

teatree oil is much nicer to use than one's own urine.. I'm assuming you were talking about peeing your own feet, not someone else's, right?

Teatree oil costs money. Piddle's free - and always available. Just a li'l bit of intel courtesy of Her Majesty's Infantry - where foot problems can be Courts Marshal offences....

Wolf

Twila
hmm, maybe it would work for men to piddle on their own foot...easier to aim. For women aiming can be an issue... and especially difficult if it's on the outside of the foot...

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

hmm, maybe it would work for men to piddle on their own foot...easier to aim. For women aiming can be an issue... and especially difficult if it's on the outside of the foot...

Use the plug....

Wolf

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

lol Twila - I was just trying to picture the logistics of such a feat (errr....feet??) when I read Wolf's post. Guess someone's using their noodle.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Use the plug....

Wolf

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Is that like an "all guys do it, but no one admits it" sort of thing? The shower I mean, not the drinking. LOL.

Right, I would never admit to drinking pee.

DurkaDurka

Right, I would never admit to drinking pee.

Fan of the water sports are you, eh? Don't tell me you like brown showers now do ya?

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Fan of the water sports are you, eh? Don't tell me you like brown showers now do ya?

Learn what brown can do for you.

DurkaDurka

Learn what brown can do for you.

LMAO... does UPS deliver?

Nuggler
Anyone seen the historical pictures? Not so sure where I saw them now.

American Civil War. Surgeons cutting off limbs, going on to the next, blood and guts all over the place and nary a wash basin in sight.

Ah yes, the good ol days.

Vereya
I wonder, how did the medical team get their hands stained in manure, in the first place?