hermanntrude
Baby Amelia was born 0159 yesterday morning. The birth could not have been more perfect. I am now th father of a beutiful 7lb 11oz baby

I didn't know you could fall in love instantly

missile
Congratulations As the father of 4 daughters myself, and with many years of experience...GOOD LUCK[you'll need it]

Coddfish
...that's a very nice name by the way.

Anyway, Congrats Hermann!

gopher

Wonderful news!!

Thanx for bringing another treasure into this world.

Curiosity
Congratulations to the new mom and dad and the beautiful new girlchild - Amelia - what a lovely name to carry throughout her life.

Zan
Yes Hermann - it is possible to fall in love that quickly - and that's just the first of many miracles in life -about love, about humility, about yourself, about what matters and what doesn't - that your new little blessing will show you. Congratulations to you and your wife!!

Niflmir
Congratulations Herrmann! Cigars all round (real or bubble gum)!

karrie
Oh my goodness!! Congratulations Hermann! I'm speechless.

eh1eh
Congratulations Hermann!

You're going to enjoy every minute, even at 2:00 am. LOL.

Curiosity
I just realized Amelia beat Labor Day - a fact which her mother might argue - she had her own day of labor.

DaSleeper
Congratulations.......

hermanntrude
a few pics:

karrie
heeheehee... she's gorgeous!

Tonington
Congrats Hermann. I can see from your picture what true joy you're feeling. I can't wait to be a poppa one day, well Ok, I can wait for now

Cosmo

Congrats Hermanntrude and Mrs. H!

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
~ Elizabeth Stone

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.
~Joseph Addison

YoungJoonKim
Woo baby
What's the red spots?
Congratulations by the way

Cosmo
Well, I'm not really a baby person (they all kinda look like ET to me) but you certainly look blissed out. At least Amelia has lots of hair! Congrats again.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmoView Post

Well, I'm not really a baby person (they all kinda look like ET to me) but you certainly look blissed out. At least Amelia has lots of hair! Congrats again.

The hair is decieving. She may end up blond. My girl had a mop when born but after a while, 18 mo., we were wondering if she'd get any more. Of corse she did and lots of it.

You can just see Hermann glowing. Cheers mate. I've raised one in honour of your fatherhood.

Cosmo
LOL ... someone once told me to comment on the baby's hair if you don't know what else to say. As I mentioned, Eh1Eh, I'm not a baby person. I have the utmost respect for anyone willing to take on the job of parenthood. There is no tougher gig in the Universe. I, personally, am just not up to the challenge. I do know I've missed some things because of that, and seeing Hermanntrude's face reminds me of it, but I have no regrets. I'm just glad there are folks out there willing to do the deed!

A baby is a blank cheque made payable to the human race.
~Barbara Christine Seifert

Brat
Congratulations Hermann
She's beautiful.

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungJoonKimView Post

What's the red spots?

That's normal.
Her head may also be misshaped, but that will all go away with time.
Baby's tend to get a little squished on their journey "out" into the world.
Kinda like pushing a grapefruit thru a keyhole.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by BratView Post

That's normal.
Her head may also be misshaped, but that will all go away with time.
Baby's tend to get a little squished on their journey "out" into the world.
Kinda like pushing a grapefruit thru a keyhole.

Sweet analogy!

Welcome to the world of fatherhood. Open mind, open heart and never fear a dirty didee....

Wolf

Walter
God bless.

#juan
Congratulations Herman....She's beautiful.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungJoonKimView Post

What's the red spots?

I've heard those red spots called a few different things in my day, the most common being stork bites. They're common, and fade as the babe gets older. I've seen it most often when mom had an especially painful delivery, and the baby was delivered face forward, with the back of her head grinding against the spine, instead of the proper way around.

Dreadful Nonsense
Hey congrats Hermann....you look so happy man....
Love the name......

Nuggler
Congrats Hermm, and wifey too of course.

Great name..

N'Ugg.

Zan
Well Hermann, you've had a whole day to absorb the fact that you're a father - it's pretty momentous isn't it? ..... have your feet hit the ground yet? I hope you'll share some stories of new daddy-hood with us. You'll never forget this time, and I truly hope you enjoy every second of it.... once they're mobile and talking, everything changes. Again.

Kreskin
Congrats to both of you, and welcome to the world Amelia!

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

Well Hermann, you've had a whole day to absorb the fact that you're a father - it's pretty momentous isn't it? ..... have your feet hit the ground yet? I hope you'll share some stories of new daddy-hood with us. You'll never forget this time, and I truly hope you enjoy every second of it.... once they're mobile and talking, everything changes. Again.

I managed to grasp the father thing reasonably quickly. I'm now working on the concept that I have a daughter. I know these two go together but it seems different somehow