Understanding when you're persona non grata...

CDNBear
It'll be of no surprise...There are places this Bear is persona non grata.

I've been alone most of the weekend, got a ton of stuff done, while hopping on and off the puter to poke Liberals and leftwing moonbats alike.

But it's funny...I understand and it doesn't upset me.

You see my wife has friends on the local reservation, close personal long time friends. They're my friends to, but the problem is the res cops and the powers that be...They don't like me(For political reasons). But I understand that my wife and her friends do like to get together and well her friend isn't that mobile anymore(read physically disabled), so coming here is sort of out of the question.

This person is not likely to see many more winters and she is my wifes best friend, so I bend...I would have been happy if the boys stayed home with me, but hey...how can you stop two boys from going someplace where there is way to much fun to be had.

But still...I get it...

At times in our lives we must give way to those we care about, we have to let them go places we can't...I wouldn't even think of demanding my wife not go, just because I can't...That would be asinine and mean.

Curiosity
Bear

Those choices are often made before we think in the long term when we believe time will heal and change the outlook and that one day all the hurt and anger will disappear.

Problem is - some people have memories longer than their own lives.

It is a good lesson when deciding to write your heart or let it slip by because in the long term you are
part of a 'pack' - your family - and what you are is also what they are.

It's a tough situation - you know how you can remedy it too - if you choose to.

We lose more to pride than any other emotion even when we are 'right'. Sometimes mending a tear in the fabric of your family's life is worth it - no doubt they would be
pleased if you could see the friend who hasn't many more sunrises.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Bear

Those choices are often made before we think in the long term when we believe time will heal and change the outlook and that one day all the hurt and anger will disappear.

Problem is - some people have memories longer than their own lives.

It is a good lesson when deciding to write your heart or let it slip by because in the long term you are
part of a 'pack' - your family - and what you are is also what they are.

It's a tough situation - you know how you can remedy it too - if you choose to.

We lose more to pride than any other emotion even when we are 'right'. Sometimes mending a tear in the fabric of your family's life is worth it - no doubt they would be
pleased if you could see the friend who hasn't many more sunrises.

Oh she won't miss me...much...

She doesn't care for my past, nor my past professions...she gave our marriage six months, lol...It's been 14 years now.

My problem with the powers that be on this particular res result from my activism against corruption and misappropriated funding...

Hence I will not bend over for them. Especially while the Head Constable lives in relative comfort and his ex girlfriend...complete with his son collects welfare and lives below the poverty line...

You know I find it very difficult to bite my tongue...at the best of times...This internet persona you see is the real me...hardcore and opinionated all the way.

They love pulling me over when I get on their land and harassing me relentlessly. I kinda like a bit of it though...It gives me a chance to ask how his son's doing, how his ex is doing, how nice it must be to park the Yukon in the drive way while she walks everywhere...

That's me...poke poke poke

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

It'll be of no surprise...There are places this Bear is persona non grata.

I've been alone most of the weekend, got a ton of stuff done, while hopping on and off the puter to poke Liberals and leftwing moonbats alike.

LOL that would be me...well one of the Liberals anyway...

But maybe if you dropped your conservative baggage you would get along with your neighbors more...
and whats all this political junk on the res...surely you jest...i thought natives were all like uber love hippies living of the land and stuff.....
It was the white man that is your only problem...
Last edited by karrie; Sep 3rd, 2007 at 11:22 AM..Reason: inappropriate reference

CDNBear
Quote:

But maybe if you dropped your conservative baggage you would get along with your neighbors more...

Umm, in this case...no thanx. I'll stand on my principals here if you don't mind. I know you libby types bend your moral principlas to suit the moment, but this Bears are written in stone.

Quote:

and whats all this political junk on the res...surely you jest...i thought natives were all like uber love hippies living of the land and stuff.....

Surely you jest(and no I didn't just call you Shirley)...We have some of the most corrupt asshats in politics working against us...while crying they're working for us.

Quote:

It was the white man that is your only problem...

Nope...not at alll...I've never claimed that either.
Last edited by karrie; Sep 3rd, 2007 at 11:22 AM..Reason: quoted deleted material

lone wolf
Oh-hh-hh doc.... You haven't seen politics until you've seen it on the Rez....

Wolf

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Oh-hh-hh doc.... You haven't seen politics until you've seen it on the Rez....

Wolf

No shyte eh???!!!

You guys haven't seen enough of my posts yet...when you do though...You'll know why it's a blood sport to me...Just like the res.

Dreadful Nonsense
I love my bear...lol...that happens to be the nickname of my Sandy i gave her..Sometimes it turns into Bunny Bear..

but Bear ya got my attention....
may i ask...isn't there a better word for reservation..i loathe that word...
It's fukcing demeaning...wouldn't you say.

I think i'll call you Bunny Bear as well..it has a soothing effect on me Sandy...just trying to help...thats me ...out at nights .doing odd things here and there .helping like...like Alex in clockwork orange....

My lil Bunny Bear all messed up on conservative meanness and everything...awe ..here have a jelly baby...their really quite good you know...

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

I love my bear...lol...that happens to be the nickname of my Sandy i gave her..Sometimes it turns into Bunny Bear..

but Bear ya got my attention....
may i ask...isn't there a better word for reservation..i loathe that word...
It's fukcing demeaning...wouldn't you say.

I think i'll call you Bunny Bear as well..it has a soothing effect on me Sandy...just trying to help...thats me ...out at nights .doing odd things here and there .helping like...like Alex in clockwork orange....

My lil Bunny Bear all messed up on conservative meanness and everything...awe ..here have a jelly baby...their really quite good you know...

If it wasn't for your enlightend sense of humour...You'ld be just another Liberal asshat...but since I think your jest is sincere, I'll over look your political persuations, lol...

I guess because I've lived with the word my whole life...I really have been desensitised to it, I find "tribe" more of an annoyance though, lol...

But the res is the res is the res...we will make of it what we will. There are enough fingures and people to blame to go around...on both sides.

Dreadful Nonsense

But the res is the res is the res...we will make of it what we will. There are enough fingures and people to blame to go around...on both sides.

honestly...i see ....my hair has risen all over me....a people have taken an ignorant implication thrust upon them and turned into a coolness....

rage against the machine.....yay....

Bear...iksnay on the enlightmentay....i'm really just a clown...sometimes crying...but I have taken up the challenge thrust upon me by the Great White Liberal hope we call the Canadian Government i shall prevail upon the one known as Bear and bring him to the brink of being trully White and liberal...and we can sit down and talk of the elders and lift up white man totems to the elders......and all will be lost .....and we all are left with less.....but everyone gets a free Big Mac and the kids live happy ever after....

CDNBear

honestly...i see ....my hair has risen all over me....a people have taken an ignorant implication thrust upon them and turned into a coolness....

rage against the machine.....yay....

Bear...iksnay on the enlightmentay....i'm really just a clown...sometimes crying...but I have taken up the challenge thrust upon me by the Great White Liberal hope we call the Canadian Government i shall prevail upon the one known as Bear and bring him to the brink of being trully White and liberal...and we can sit down and talk of the elders and lift up white man totems to the elders......and all will be lost .....and we all are left with less.....but everyone gets a free Big Mac and the kids live happy ever after....

lmao!!!

This Bear is impervious to Liberal indoctrination, not to mention no such happenstances of conversion have taken hold of this mindset todate...So good luck with that.

I hate crooks(read Liberals and well...frankly...all Politicians)But I hate those that sell my brothers and sisters down the river and do nothing more then pander to the weak kneed types...I believe in Canada, our Military and that we will once again be a country of consequence

Dreadful Nonsense

lmao!!!

This Bear is impervious to Liberal indoctrination, not to mention no such happenstances of conversion have taken hold of this mindset todate...So good luck with that.

I hate crooks(read Liberals and well...frankly...all Politicians)But I hate those that sell my brothers and sisters down the river and do nothing more then pander to the weak kneed types...I believe in Canada, our Military and that we will once again be a country of consequence

Doc retires ...for now....

good stuff mate....I like ya!!!

ya make me think....and thats a rareity in the nether regions of my brain ruled mostly by that which our society has thrust upon us all....the shopping dead....

CDNBear

Doc retires ...for now....

good stuff mate....I like ya!!!

ya make me think....and thats a rareity in the nether regions of my brain ruled mostly by that which our society has thrust upon us all....the shopping dead....

Good to hear...Could pass that along to "oldnugly" (what an appropriately chosen nic)...He thinks I'm merely a troll.

I won't lie, I love poking Liberals in the sensitive bone, but a troll? I think not. Hmm, maybe a lil, lol...

gopher
+1
#14  Top Rated Post
''persona non grata''

Don't know the feeling. Every forum that I post on (about 12 altogether), folks treat me real good and I'm always welcomed there. Treat people nicely, and you'll never be persona non grata.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

''persona non grata''

Don't know the feeling. Every forum that I post on (about 12 altogether), folks treat me real good and I'm always welcomed there. Treat people nicely, and you'll never be persona non grata.

You just proved my assertion that you either do not read what people post..or only read what you want to think they post...Thanx for the confirmation gooph.

Go back and read the OP and try that again...I doubt you will, you haven't the manhood.

gopher
+1
I see Bear is crying again. Therefore, I better stop before he gets banned again.

karrie

I see Bear is crying again. Therefore, I better stop before he gets banned again.

I don't blame him. You jumped to quite a rude assumption about the point of his post.

And seriously, trolling him about his previous bans will get old fast.

CDNBear

I see you still haven't got a clue ...wanna buy one?
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I don't blame him. You jumped to quite a rude assumption about the point of his post.

And seriously, trolling him about his previous bans will get old fast.

Karrie, thank you kindly hun, I've always liked your peaceful ways, but I did poke him first and I am more then willing to take what I get...Besides...Look at the fact that he still hasn't read the OP and still has no idea what this thread is about.

Not only can he not use the same condemnation as to my "persona non grata" on some reservations, cause as he's said he's part Native, but more so, it would look terrible of him to advocate my expulsion do to my chastising of the local leadership and their stick swingers over their corruption as the reason.

And if he goes back now and actually reads it, he hasn't the fortitude to admit his error and post how would, had this been posted by anyone else.

He's caught between the preverbial rock and a hard place and he can't get out with grace...so the next best thing is too...well, you see it.
---------

btw gopher...

here's your a s s back...yet again!
Last edited by CDNBear; Sep 3rd, 2007 at 03:53 PM..

karrie

... but I did poke him first and I am more then willing to take what I get...

I'm beginning to see that, having read through this post and some of the others.

JBeee
"persona non grata"......"deja vu all over again"
You and Doc have more in common than you realize Bear.

Try holding your tongue once in a while. Don`t allow your political views to interfere with your family life.

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie

... trolling him about his previous bans will get old fast.

Interesting how Bear admits, ''but I did poke him first'' and Karrie has nothing to say about his insulting posts.

Explanation please ... and if you have addressed this in other threads, let me know.

karrie

Interesting how Bear admits, ''but I did poke him first'' and Karrie has nothing to say about his insulting posts.

Explanation please ...

Um, except in the post where I DID address it gopher. reread.

gopher
+1
All I saw was ''I'm beginning to see'' but no cautions or words to the effect that such criticism gets old.

karrie
yes gopher, he's been exceedingly rude and insulting. Frankly, my first inclination was to say 'sorry I stuck up for you'... but he'd already pointed out that he'd brought it upon himself, and I agreed. Such a statement would have been redundant, no?

gopher
+1
Since you are putting it that way, OK.

You have read my posts in the years I've been here. I don't get into name calling or cat fights with people as you well know. As I have always said, if you feel that my position on an issue is wrong, prove it to me. No need for name calling. That's the way it should always be on this forum.

karrie
I agree wholeheartedly gopher. It shouldn't turn, in every debate, into an issue of tearing apart your opponent, rather than discussing the issue.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

"persona non grata"......"deja vu all over again"
You and Doc have more in common than you realize Bear.

Try holding your tongue once in a while. Don`t allow your political views to interfere with your family life.

It's not about politics...It's about principals and the fact that there are people in control abusing the people they claim to represent and protect.

Explanation please ... and if you have addressed this in other threads, let me know.

Here lies the monumental difference between you and I gopher ...You hide your slanderous contempt in cowardly inuendo. Then cry foul when people address it directly at you. Not to mention you don't read posts, you just make it up as you go along...This thread being the perfect example of that.

Um, except in the post where I DID address it gopher. reread.

My point exactly...reads what he wants and misses all the facts...

All I saw was ''I'm beginning to see'' but no cautions or words to the effect that such criticism gets old.

How have you bee repremanded for posting private PM's gopher? A quiet private PM warning?

yes gopher, he's been exceedingly rude and insulting. Frankly, my first inclination was to say 'sorry I stuck up for you'... but he'd already pointed out that he'd brought it upon himself, and I agreed. Such a statement would have been redundant, no?

Absolutely redundant...But exceedingly rude? I think not...rude to be sure, but then again so is gopher, he just hides oh so well behind blanket statements and I already proven that somany times, it has lost all humour. Apart from that, I'm blunt, people don't usualy like having their own shyte tossed back at them and gophs no different. He claims to hold some moral higround, yet is just as rudely verbose as I only I care not to hide whom I direct it at. Some people just have more guts then others.

Since you are putting it that way, OK.

You have read my posts in the years I've been here. I don't get into name calling or cat fights with people as you well know. As I have always said, if you feel that my position on an issue is wrong, prove it to me. No need for name calling. That's the way it should always be on this forum.

No...not at all, posting BANNED and asinine pics, isn't cat fitting or childish at all gopher. Calling anyone that doesn't agree with you 100%, a neoKKKon is oh so mature eh goph?

This is what pulls my claws out about you goph, you think you're an angel and you aren't.

I know I'm no angel, but I never claimed to be either...So whos the bigger man?

I agree wholeheartedly gopher. It shouldn't turn, in every debate, into an issue of tearing apart your opponent, rather than discussing the issue.

I agree, and if you look at some of the people that do not feel my sarcastic wit, many of them believe along the lines of goph here, but choose not to be as blind as gopher to there own failings.

btw Karrie...If you go back in this thread alone, there is very lil "exceedingly rude" on my part. If you look carefully...goph came in here, made up his mind about what he thought the thread was about and poof here we are.

At anyrate, I was asked nicely to retract my claws from gophers a ss. So I shall. Besides...(no matter how rude you may find me)...handing it back to him constantly is so old hat now.

karrie

btw Karrie...If you go back in this thread alone, there is very lil "exceedingly rude" on my part. If you look carefully...goph came in here, made up his mind about what he thought the thread was about and poof here we are.

At anyrate, I was asked nicely to retract my claws from gophers a ss. So I shall. Besides...(no matter how rude you may find me)...handing it back to him constantly is so old hat now.

Nicely retracting your claws, yet overriding the profanity filter? That is neither nice, nor a retraction.

I stand by my statement of 'exceedingly rude' after having spotted a repulsive sig, numerous other instances of anticipatory name calling, and dozens of instances of intentionally overriding the profanity filter. THIS thread doesn't exist in a vaccuum. You know these things boil over from one thread to the next.

I didn't mean it to be a personal putdown though Bear. I've had days when I know I've been rude. It is what it is. I'd love to see it come to an actual end. I'd love to see your fierce intelligence win out over the rest of this. You have views that should be shared, and shared in a way that will get them heard.

CDNBear

Nicely retracting your claws, yet overriding the profanity filter? That is neither nice, nor a retraction.

I stand by my statement of 'exceedingly rude' after having spotted a repulsive sig, numerous other instances of anticipatory name calling, and dozens of instances of intentionally overriding the profanity filter. THIS thread doesn't exist in a vaccuum. You know these things boil over from one thread to the next.

I didn't mean it to be a personal putdown though Bear. I've had days when I know I've been rude. It is what it is. I'd love to see it come to an actual end. I'd love to see your fierce intelligence win out over the rest of this. You have views that should be shared, and shared in a way that will get them heard.

Heeded...and I didn't think you were putting me down...I think higher of you then that, I know you were doing your job and being...well...you. I wouldn't ask anything differently of you.

I don't agree with you on the retracting part, yes I used a naughty word, but I merely made note of once again exposing certain misconceptions certian folk have of themselves.

As to my sig...I asked on that...I'm still waiting for a responce, but to be honest, what you find repulsive, I find an honest opinion of what I find repulsive. People who refuse to accept the fact and honour or respect those that have and will die for them. IMHO...It doesn't get much more repulsive then that...words are merely words, negating those that would suffer for is a whole other story.

I will stand by my sig as an honest representation of facts, my feelings and opinions, until ordered to modify it, or it is modified prior.

Other then that...consider me declawed.

karrie

I will stand by my sig as an honest representation of facts, my feelings and opinions, until ordered to modify it, or it is modified prior.

Other then that...consider me declawed.

I just find anticipatory name calling to be inappropriate. "If you don't agree with me, you're a ____"

It never sits well with me, in any context, even though I understand what you're trying to say. Especially when it's as crass a term as that.