Understanding when you're persona non grata...

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I just find anticipatory name calling to be inappropriate. "If you don't agree with me, you're a ____"

I agree with you...I'm just lacking in self control on that issue, lol...

I'm more guilty then most, but I don't hide it, nore do I whine because of it. I do over use my arsinal of asshatted terminology, and to my detriment.

But...and I'm not making excuses here...Have you ever noticed there are folks that sit way across the spectrum from me, that recieve no such saber tossing?

I have my reasons, for my ignorance...It all falls back to my beliefs on the RoE and pre-emptive strikes, with no holds barred.

Quote:

It never sits well with me, in any context, even though I understand what you're trying to say. Especially when it's as crass a term as that.

I am crass, rude, crude and socialy unacceptable, no hiding that fact. But you know what...because it's you...I'll go modity it right now. If it was anyone else, I'ld hang on to it like it was my dying breath and fight it out, but for you or Zan(Only Zan didn't quite put it the way you did)...no problem.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I am crass, rude, crude and socialy unacceptable, no hiding that fact. But you know what...because it's you...I'll go modity it right now. If it was anyone else, I'ld hang on to it like it was my dying breath and fight it out, but for you or Zan(Only Zan didn't quite put it the way you did)...no problem.

Well thank you Bear... that's very gentlemanly of you

(she says while cringing about what the new sig might be... LOL)

Oh, I like that one Bear.

CDNBear

Well thank you Bear... that's very gentlemanly of you

(she says while cringing about what the new sig might be... LOL)

Oh, I like that one Bear.

Thanx...

I thought it was a tad less ignorantly up in yo face, but still got the point across.

See...there is some diplomacy to this Bear...

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Thanx...

I thought it was a tad less ignorantly up in yo face, but still got the point across.

See...there is some diplomacy to this Bear...

Well, you've been married a wee while, so I knew all along there must be some somewhere. LOL.

Dreadful Nonsense
Bear...I think you are the most misunderstood guy here i ever met..I've not been here long ..people are confusing your strong sense of rightous indignation with forum misbehaving....I think your a breath of fresh in here....although you ate all me jelly babies really fast....I mean you inhaled the whole bag...and those size 14 army boots...dude there no good for dancing....

You know there's a trick to calm the whole internet thing down i've learned....
Here try on one of me dresses when yer at your computer..this lil frilly crinalin thing will do you...ok you can leave on the army boots..Hey it works..gives you a sort of k.d.Lang thing going on there....i like it....

now now Bear don't get all frisky and aroused on me....

CDNBear

Well, you've been married a wee while, so I knew all along there must be some somewhere. LOL.

Somewhere...ya...somewhere...It's just buried under matted fur, mud and caked on blood...lol. It's been 14 years, ups downs. ins outs, she still really loves me...go figure!!!???
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Bear...I think you are the most misunderstood guy here i ever met..I've not been here long ..people are confusing your strong sense of rightous indignation with forum misbehaving....I think your a breath of fresh in here....although you ate all me jelly babies really fast....I mean you inhaled the whole bag...and those size 14 army boots...dude there no good for dancing....

Them's size 15's...

Quote:

You know there's a trick to calm the whole internet thing down i've learned....
Here try on one of me dresses when yer at your computer..this lil frilly crinalin thing will do you...ok you can leave on the army boots..Hey it works..gives you a sort of k.d.Lang thing going on there....i like it....

Are you sure it goes with my jump boots?

Do you have something in a pink chiffon?

Quote:

now now Bear don't get all frisky and aroused on me....

Oh sorry...Just trying to get through you and atthat nurse...I could use somma her medicine!

Dreadful Nonsense
lol dude.....i still say your rightous indignation is the main problem here....never change my man never change.....

as for moi...i'm my own personna non grata today...can't say what i want to ..can't articulate the real points at hand....arghhhhh.....

Twila
With respect to the word "res". In jail, it's used as a name of the group usually of natives. My ex is a lifer and this is the group he hangs out in most. He's not native. So is it really derogatory now? It's being used by the natives to name their "group". Maybe it's become like the N word. Fine for the group who was slandered with it to use?

Bear, Good on ya for standing up for what you believe. We're currently awash with the wishy washy. People using words that sound good but have no intention of actually backing them up.

Doc, you a funny man. Glad you didn't leave. This place would be a sadder greyer place with out ya.

DaSleeper
Here's a Politically correct "support your troops" for ya!
video.canadiancontent.net/357...rrect-way.html (external - login to view)

Unforgiven
Quote:

, and dozens of instances of intentionally overriding the profanity filter

Not to drag this topic into lala land, but what is the deal with profanity filter here?

It's your ball and I'm not telling you how you should play with it, but as the devil's advocate, I'll lobby on behalf of the dadburn consarned cussing fools round here and make my case for it's removal.

First we're all grown up here. Granted immature as some of us are, there are no children posting here. Swearing has become part of many a fine upstanding persons vocabulary and adds expression and emotion to a clearly lacking medium. You can say you're right and you can say you're farken a right buddy.
No one is going to kick the bucket from reading it.

So who are we doing service to with the restrictive censorship of modern speech and poetic verbage? The few who shout Peckerwood floppy sock sucker
at the monitor before they hunt and peck their moral outrage at the sight of such a word as sloppy-schlong? Please, it's a matter of perspective. Kids talk like this, of course not to you mom and dad, but to everyone else. Everyone uses it except for those people who have a steel rod up the *** of the stick up theirs.

So we should if there is a will, put it to the membership and see if by majority rule, we can throw off these chains of lexicon bondage and speak like free fellows proud and erect with sensibility the tombs of great thought we so desperately want to epitomize each day.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

First we're all grown up here.

That's the key... we're not all grown up here. This is a public forum, with no age limits to be either viewed, or joined and participated in. We have had children as young as 10 join and participate within the relatively short time I've been a member. And while yes, the topics can be overly racy, and more than a kid should be reading, the site admin has decided there should at least be a profanity filter. Perhaps the content of some of the jokes may go over kids' heads, but the cusses certainly don't.

karrie

So we should if there is a will, put it to the membership and see if by majority rule, we can throw off these chains of lexicon bondage and speak like free fellows proud and erect with sensibility the tombs of great thought we so desperately want to epitomize each day.

And in closing, I will point out, that this is not a member owned site. There will be no vote to force its owner to remove something he has deemed fit to have on his site.

Unforgiven
Forcing what?

How could anyone possibly force Andem, assuming it his site, to do anything here at all that he refuses to do?

Pfft, what ever.

karrie

Pfft, what ever.

The point is, if you want to e-mail Andem and ask, you're always free to. But a vote would serve no purpose.

How old are you anyway?

Unforgiven

The point is, if you want to e-mail Andem and ask, you're always free to. But a vote would serve no purpose.

How old are you anyway?

Old enough to know when someone isn't pointing something out.
I'll not bring the forbidden subject up in public again on this server.

outty

karrie
yes, poor wording and all that. You're not the first to bring it up Unf, and I doubt you'll be the last.

I'll go work on a form letter explaining it more clearly, and less combatively, so I can whip it out when next the issue arises. lol.