An all day high

triedit
So you folks who are regular marijuana users...is this normal?

I have this side effect of cesamet (synthetic marijuana) where Im massively mellow. It's like I have no emotion at all. I'm sort of shut down.

I look different because Im not smiling. It isnt that I don't feel happy, Im just not "cheery" anymore, so I don't have a goofy grin on my face. When it is appropriate to smile, it feels false.

But Im not blue. Im not ANYTHING.

Weird.

lone wolf
Certainly not normal for the real stuff. I can't stop laughin' - and the better the buzz the bigger the laughs....
Pfft
Wolf

shadowshiv
I can't be any help, as I have never tried it.

Hope the symptoms don't last too long, Robin.

daisygirl
I like your goofy grin.

Vereya
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I have this side effect of cesamet (synthetic marijuana) where Im massively mellow. It's like I have no emotion at all. I'm sort of shut down.

I look different because Im not smiling. It isnt that I don't feel happy, Im just not "cheery" anymore, so I don't have a goofy grin on my face. When it is appropriate to smile, it feels false.

Weird.

I can't say anything for sure about synthetic marijuana, because I've never tried it. But the effect itself is not abnormal at all. Marijuana can produce different effects, and I've encountered the kind that makes you "numb", so to say. At such moments I usually take the time to think over some issues in my life. Without the emotions obstructing your view everything appears in a much clearer light.

Dexter Sinister
Yeah, and reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. You're not likely to learn anything useful from messing up your perceptions with psychoactive chemicals, they'll just lead you down a path to mystic nonsense. Reality as revealed by logic and evidence is far more interesting and challenging and complex than anything ever produced by any drug-hazed view of things. Use chemistry to relax, get drunk or high or buzzed or whatever you want and however you choose to describe it, but don't expect any meaningful insights from it. I like to have a drink or two of an evening on weekends--scotch by preference, or some Chateau Sinister vintages (I make my own wine)--and I like the pleasantly mellow feeling I get from that, but that's all it's about. I am, frankly, completely scornful of the view that psychoactive drugs provide some mystical insights into the true nature of things. Compared to the ideas currently coming out of the fringes of physics, drug-induced insights seem to me to be lame and impoverished and limited and evidence-free, a complete failure of imagination.

Yes I'm moralizing, and yes it irritates me. I grew up in the drug culture of the 1960s, and I never saw any drug users produce any useful insight under the influence, or do themselves anything but harm. And because the drugs are illegal, there's no quality control in their production, you can't know exactly what you're ingesting, and to me that makes using them dangerous and stupid. Ever heard of paraquat? It's a herbicide that contaminated some Mexican marijuana many years ago, and it killed a few people and made a lot of others desperately sick for a while.

I'll stick with alcohol, I know what it does, I can control the dose, and it's rigidly regulated and controlled so I know exactly what I'm getting.

Unforgiven
Robin, it sounds like you're over medicated or there is a reaction within the cocktail of medications you are using to bring this state about. I would talk to your doctor and see about adjusting the levels of your doses to relieve the symptom.

Hey Dexter, the sixties are over dude. Things change. The fact is that insight comes to those who consider it. A beer in the hand doesn't alter logic. It is what it is. All that is altered is the perception of it. Perception is subjective upon the individual. Your experience is not my own.

Impetus
Like Unf said, possibly an interaction because I've never had that kind of effect from the real thing.

Also possible you will get used to the drug and the side effects will taper off.

Do speak to your doctor though...

Does it give you the munchies?

Re: Paraquat...that was a tactic of the "war on drugs" back then when the USA coerced Mexico to spray the fields with the paraquat to ruin the crops. Very little commercial weed is grown like that and I doubt if any Mexican weed finds its way up here nowadays with the better quality local stuff available.

Muz

DaSleeper
Triedit...cesamet is usually given to people to relieve the vomiting due to cancer treatment...........
Is there something you haven't told us??????? Andre

Curiosity
Triedit

Think back on the past few weeks and perhaps you will understand whether recognized or not - you have had an experience which may have brought many things into your life which you felt you should repress or avoid expressing. The relief of the narcotic - in smoothing out your stress - may have also contributed to the natural grief you are in.

In normal life we often express grief actively with bursts of crying, odd flights of fancy trying to redo the whole unhappy situation, and our natural grief which is a must to experience, even when it is confusing and strange to us.

The narcotic has blunted the true emotional grief - and it is a new experience for you - recognize it as something you need to deal with and whether it is expressed in a strange way because you have taken something to relieve your pain - have your pain anyway - and know it will eventually lessen.

You have just come out on the other side of a conflicted set of issues over which you really had no control. Anyone would seek relief. The calm may be an absence of anxiety and even anger.

Edit: Like I know so much - a real cup of caffeinated coffee has me flying for hours - a baby aspirin can lull me into birdland - so I'm not an authority - but am going by personal observation of others.
Last edited by Curiosity; Aug 17th, 2007 at 07:51 AM..

Minority Observer84
I'am a regular toker . Like dexter said I really don't think it could lead to any usefull insights I just smoke to relax from the stress that is everyday life . I've never had anything like that happen to me but then again my stuff is not synthetic but pure B.C Green .

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Weird.

I've noticed that in the past, although it's subtle. I used to smoke it daily for a few weeks and then stop completely for a few months. After a few days without, onde day i'd wake up and realise i'd woken up more than usual.