Has Anyone Heard from MikeyDB?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Ontario spending $26M to fight gun crimes - July 30th
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...spending-26m-fight-gun-crimes.html#post858044

I am concerned over the absence of Mikey - the above topic contained his last post on this forum and it has taken on new weight for me - because he hasn't been here since he wrote the message. He
sounded terribly depressed but I thought he would snap out of it as he is inclined to ups and downs...

Does anyone here know Mikey personally?

Last edited:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Glad you asked that Curiosity. It's one of the banes of forum life - wondering if people you'd gotten used to seeing almost daily are ok when they disappear for awhile.

Another MIA is L. Gilbert - anyone heard from him?

There's a few more too I think, it would be nice if we could get an all ok on them all...

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
not sure about anyone here, but you could try asking Tam if you're still in touch with her. She gets to know everyone personally.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The ones who live alone bother me - I know many of the people have families around - but some don't have much in the way of backup if something goes amiss in their personal life....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I've been concerned about Gilbert for some time, he disappeared 'instantly', unlike him to 'just' go,
without saying anything.

Don't know anything about MickeyDB.

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
That last post of Mikey's was ominous indeed (albiet very well written)!

I haven't been around long enough to know him, but it sounds like he cound be languishing in the clink somewhere...

Muz

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
When 9/11 occurred, I remember there being a lot of concern on the Deviantart board regarding members who lived in New York. Hopefully in this case it just turns out to be a case of him going on a vacation and forgetting to tell his "family" here.

SwitSof

Electoral Member
The ones who live alone bother me - I know many of the people have families around - but some don't have much in the way of backup if something goes amiss in their personal life....

Curio, I've been living alone all alone most of the time these past 9 years, so actually do appreciate this kind of concern you're showing. I woke up with sharp pain in my tummy and I had to call a friend who lived nearby just in case she had to help me to go to the hospital.
Did you try to write him a PM or email? I reckon he wouldn't mind since it's of good intention.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hi Switsof

I have his e-mail from a problem he had a while back about having his phone cut off....

I e-mailed him but no answer - perhaps the phone company has been nasty again.

He should have free phone service as he is the victim of a stroke and disabled, living alone with his pet. I guess the phone company wouldn't see it that way. I believe the computer and radio are his only contacts.

I live alone also and wonder what I would do without all my contacts.

SwitSof

Electoral Member
Hi Switsof
He should have free phone service as he is the victim of a stroke and disabled, living alone with his pet. I guess the phone company wouldn't see it that way. I believe the computer and radio are his only contacts.

The worrying thing is if a person who lives alone is all of a sudden in a situation not being able to reach the phone or any communication means ay...
Hope he's just on a break like Muz said.

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
You hope he's in jail???8O

I guess "languishing in the clink" is a local colloquialism...:canada:

Just razzing ya...

Muz

The worrying thing is if a person who lives alone is all of a sudden in a situation not being able to reach the phone or any communication means ay...
Hope he's just on a break like Muz said.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
On a break is in jail in Cannuck slang?

So what does "languishing in the clink" mean?

Well, I can take people taking the piss well (hope that comes out right...).

Languising in the clink means sitting in jail. Just a fancy way of saying it, I guess.;-)

I hope your stomach ache wasn't anything too serious.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
That last post of Mikey's was ominous indeed (albiet very well written)!

I haven't been around long enough to know him, but it sounds like he cound be languishing in the clink somewhere...

Muz

"it sounds like he cound be languishing in the clink somewhere..."

That sounds very possible with his last post.

I hope hes just taking a break as I found him (in the short while Ive been here) to be a solid guy with an amazing gift of expressing himself with his writings.

Hey Mike if your reading this, much respect.....you did the right thing.
Joe

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
MikeyDB

I see you cruising around on the forum this morning - hope you are ok - and things are getting better than when you last visited us.

Missed you! Curio

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Not a rebuke ...

Thank you all for your concerns and good wishes.

I have been having some health difficulties and been absent from CC for this and a variety of other reasons. Hospital time and serious infection kinds of stuff…not psychological or emotional distress….

Of course there’s no compartmentalizing any human experience whether that’s failing health and imprudent lifestyle choices, or death and taxes for that matter. I’ve enjoyed reading the “Can you forget the “I” thread and once again thank China for stimulating my social gland….

“I” am not like the greater majority of folk participating here at Canadian Content.

“I” am like every other human being who’s ever walked through the waking-dream that is human consciousness.

Those two statements aren’t contradictory despite the most focused and energetic deconstruction…

The “I” can simultaneously be unique and differentiated and yet continue to resonate with the pulse of every other human being.

The “I” that has some two-hundred and some odd bones, relies on the rythmic cadence of muscle contractions and provides a home for bacteria fungi viruses and parasites is the recognizable “I” that helps to bind us together as a species, but it is the differentiated “I”, a consciousness of uniqueness-in-all-the-cosmos that is the “I” of personal perception.

“Your body has 100 trillion cells, but only 10 trillion are human. The rest belong to the bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites that live on or in us. Some of these tenants are actually beneficial, aiding in the digestion process, for example. The majority of them neither help nor hurt us, but simply coexist with us. A few species, however, from the cholera bacilli to tapeworms and lice, can be dangerous, and sometimes deadly.”
Human Wildlife: Dr. Robert Buckman

The most fundamental and pervasive dichotomy facing humankind has always been that juncture between the “I” of physiology and the “I” of the undifferentiated conscience.
Sentience: 1. State of elementary or undifferentiated consciousness.
2. The faculty through which the external world is apprehended.

It is the state/condition of undifferentiated consciousness from which choice arises. From which the spirit is given meaning, from which intent and directedness spring. It is this “I” that defines our uniqueness.

Knowledge is the facility to process the process….to render understanding from the caprices of a phenomenological experience, to drift as both the flotsam and the jetsam of an intangibility beyond the ken of human intellect.

I fear we as a species have voluntarily abandoned our availability to that intangibility and that mystery. We have rather given ourselves completely over to the satisfaction of corporeal dénouement and stultified thinking.

I simply doubt that I can offer anything to people who appear to regard their existence as isolated and remote from all other consciousness while suffering the consequences of the choice of mutual disregard in the pursuit of personal self-satisfaction.

Once again I thank you for your interest in my absence and although I have failed far more often than I’ve succeeded, you will live in my thoughts as I hope I will live in yours.