question about boats for Juan

Dreadful Nonsense
i know yer in a talk about it in another thread.
But what do you think of SEA RAY's. you seem to have some real knowledge about boats. I know they are expensive but what do you know about them, handling and stuff.

Are they really the epitome of boats?

Unforgiven
snicker

china
DocDred ,
Also a questsion to anyone with knowledge of cruising Catamarans ; like yo buy/build one 40-45 ft. and circumnavigate .Is there any one who has an experience in sailing a cat? Would it be possible to do it single handed ?

Impetus
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

Would it be possible to do it single handed ?

That would make tying the knots quite difficult...

Muz

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

i know yer in a talk about it in another thread.
But what do you think of SEA RAY's. you seem to have some real knowledge about boats. I know they are expensive but what do you know about them, handling and stuff.

Are they really the epitome of boats?

I bought my first boat ten years ago when I moved to Gabriola Island from the lower mainland. A that time my experience was limited to the odd fishing trip with friends. The boat I bought was a 28 foot Campion cabin cruiser. I owned that boat for eight years and two years ago I sold that boat and bought a 32 foot Carver. I'm still learning.
All I can say about Sea Ray is that they build a large variety of different boats and are likely a little higher quality than say, your run of the mill Bayliner. Sea Rays are also a bit more expensive than average. The cost of running any V8 stern drive cruiser is becoming prohibitive because of the cost of marine fuel. When you are paying a buck twenty five per litre and the boat burns 15(67 litres) gallons an hour you can see that this kind of boating is an expensive proposition. I am currently looking for a single engine, shaft drive, diesel powered, , displacement hulled yacht for around forty thousand dollars. I think I will be looking for some time.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I bought my first boat ten years ago when I moved to Gabriola Island from the lower mainland. A that time my experience was limited to the odd fishing trip with friends. The boat I bought was a 28 foot Campion cabin cruiser. I owned that boat for eight years and two years ago I sold that boat and bought a 32 foot Carver. I'm still learning.
All I can say about Sea Ray is that they build a large variety of different boats and are likely a little higher quality than say, your run of the mill Bayliner. Sea Rays are also a bit more expensive than average. The cost of running any V8 stern drive cruiser is becoming prohibitive because of the cost of marine fuel. When you are paying a buck twenty five per litre and the boat burns 15(67 litres) gallons an hour you can see that this kind of boating is an expensive proposition. I am currently looking for a single engine, shaft drive, diesel powered, , displacement hulled yacht for around forty thousand dollars. I think I will be looking for some time.

thanks juan....I love boating and rarly get any opportunity....this weekend a few rides on a 20 ft starcraft pontoon was so relaxing.

My wife's son in the 90's owened a doral...it had a galley and sleeping quarters toilet the whole bit....It was awesome, but even back then it was expensive on gas.....400 bucks for a weekend of gas....

I love the sea ray site...they used to have this interactive thing where you could pull open things with your mouse....

they are sort of a dream of mine and like when you talked about handling conditions in another thread i wondered if sea rays were like not all they were cracked up to be.....I guess if you gotta worry about their gas useage LOL...what can i say.....

doc