Long Weekend Plans???

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Whatcha gonna do on your long weekend?

Hope the weather is nice for all of you - let's hear what kind of trouble you are planning to get into...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
It's my friends 30'th birthday this Friday, So I will probably end up getting extremely drunk and thrown in the drunk tank. lol

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
long weekend

Aside from the local pig-calling contest, there ain't much goin on in the swamp this here weekend.

So............we shall attempt to avoid at all costs any "organized" events which have the "consumer" in mind, or those "for the kids, eh".

A new drug store is opening, so we might take in the condom display, or maybe get a free paper hat.

Other than thet.........gonna read.........fish.........play a bit a music with some folks.............folk music:roll:

They might have a parade........................:idea:8O:angry3:

Hope y'all injoy yers.

N'Ugg.:canada:

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Friends coming down for a visit...yes down...if you thought I was up north...

Ongoing reno work...main floor bathroom and foyer...

A day at the beach...thinking of Sandbanks or Wasaga...

Wash the dog...after last week's crocodile impression in the river...(see attachment, thx Unf!)

And I have a song idea that's been bouncing around in my head all week I'd like to lay down tracks for.

Muz

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Bobcaygeon...Sandy's sister's place on the water...she lives there all year round..they got a new pontoon boat...what ever that is LOL....should be fun though.....they traded in 2 fairly new sea doo things....i hated them...well riding on the back of one with a madmen did me no good....LOL

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Pontoon boats can be fun, they are rather slow but they are nice for cruising around on.

Are you going to be the Skipper?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
It's a long weekend? I didn't know. I'll be working this weekend. Maybe that's why we're having a potluck.... mmmmm..... potlucks....

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
going to Cortes

Thinking on heading to Cortes, then stopping on Quadra for dinner at the Herriot Bay Inn...might take in a little of the Filberg Festival....HAVE FUN ALL!

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bobcaygeon...Sandy's sister's place on the water...she lives there all year round..they got a new pontoon boat...what ever that is LOL....should be fun though.....they traded in 2 fairly new sea doo things....i hated them...well riding on the back of one with a madmen did me no good....LOL

Doc Here's one sample - they have double decker ones too... nice and easy riding.... no big chores required and makes for lovely trip with good company. You lucky guy!!!

A few of my family members get a big one and cruise around the Okanagan for a week....they come back rested.... you can tie up and eat at a restaurant... or eat your catch of the day.... it's really a comfortable way to spend some R&R time.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We had planned to take our boat down to Victoria but the weather doesn't look too promising. The boat, a 32 foot Carver, is very good in rough weather but I'd sooner spend a rainy weekend in a hotel. On top of that, the fuel cost to take the boat down and back just about equals the cost of a hotel room. We'll see if the weatherman changes his mind.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Doc Here's one sample - they have double decker ones too... nice and easy riding.... no big chores required and makes for lovely trip with good company. You lucky guy!!!

A few of my family members get a big one and cruise around the Okanagan for a week....they come back rested.... you can tie up and eat at a restaurant... or eat your catch of the day.... it's really a comfortable way to spend some R&R time.

Ta lovey....
Now that looks more my speed...Her hubby was a wild man on the sea doo... I think he wanted to see if he could scare me...he did..had this hopped up polaris i think and a Yammaha(i think). one gave off a rat tail water spray....in any case he said it was one of the fastest you can buy.any way when we got back everyone howled at the friggin site of me....i looked like i just went through an ordeal....I was a lil ticked at the guy....bonding with inlaws...yayness!!!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
We had planned to take our boat down to Victoria but the weather doesn't look too promising. The boat, a 32 foot Carver, is very good in rough weather but I'd sooner spend a rainy weekend in a hotel. On top of that, the fuel cost to take the boat down and back just about equals the cost of a hotel room. We'll see if the weatherman changes his mind.

Carvers are nice boats. What model year and model?
Twin gas inboards?

We've been looking for a 42-57 foot used Chris Craft that we can refit to our own needs and eventualy live aboard.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Doc....agreed!

I love speed - but sometimes on water I enjoy taking in the scenery - you can't do anything on a ski-doo except try to breathe and survive .... At least you don't have to worry about the top of your bathingsuit staying where it belongs !! LOL

In-laws..... nobody has figured out the interaction yet of this thrown together group of people....

Hope your pontoon trip is more enjoyable!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Carvers are nice boats. What model year and model?
Twin gas inboards?

We've been looking for a 42-57 foot used Chris Craft that we can refit to our own needs and eventualy live aboard.

It's a 1994 Carver Crusader, with twin shaft drive V-8s. Pass anything but a gas station. With an 11'-10" beam it is a great rough water boat but it does burn gas like it was free. There is another version of this boat with twin 6 cyl. Lehman diesels that will give you 16 knots at 10 gallons per hour but those boats are never on the market for more than a few hours.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
If your going to live on a boat i think diesel would be a concern.
Especially with a used older model.
Think smelling diesel fumes always to the point you won't notice the taste of food on some boats after sleeping on them for a few weeks:roll:
Maybe a little extreme in making my point,but true enough in some cases.