Can anyone here read Korean???

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
An album I recorded with my band has somehow made it to Korea and there is a review on the Web I would like to understand. I've tried translating it with translation tools but there isn't much to be understood...

Can anyone here translate from Korean to English (or French)?

Here is the link to the review...

http://www.koreanrock.com/wiki.pl?MundiDomini

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
There are translation of it but if you can read it in Arabic you might get more out of it. It's a pity for me that I haven't read the bible or the Koran.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Here is a link for a Korean to English translator:

http://tinyurl.com/y78gg4

Thanks Juan...

This is a pretty good start but what I get is still rather obscure... see for yourself...

The sleep awakes dawn and it throws away and the [kku] about it sees. It enjoys in recent times and to the some albums which listen and it confronts short review it raises. The only, many minutes drink and appear the something else the writing and idea considerably my sentimental criticism do not believe too and they wish. ^^;

Mundi Domini - Same album musical program and inside lichen French and the [khwey] [peyk] it sees with label, these people Canada [khwey] [peyk] appears to be being a band, 2002 these albums are presumed as these place [pyu] album which is sold. Does not get deceived to step the willow photograph which 6 people (male 2, woman 4) it carries on shoulder is visible at 10 latter halves which compose the band. Album style basically only does not appear to be being a fork, the color of the religious music + classic + folk music back re-is becoming soul and as it is as the fork to description below [mwen] petty is [kath] [sup] [ni] to be insufficient. It does not use the drum from recording music of the total 9 musics which Sean Lonergan where it takes charge of the piano back compose not to be, the piano and [e] nose D it freezes, [phul] [lwus] it accomplishes musical instrument performer step curl singing together and the artificial flower of the back. The development of music does, as the depending on unit the quite colorful place, the group name appears hints religious step curl harmony, hour tar it plays, or it acclaims and [wak] the penis [kkel] the sound effects of one shouting back appears, it d

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, I've used these things before....some results are better than others. It's probably a literal translation thing that misses a lot of subtle meanings. I think French to English is better...likely because it is used more..

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
well DAMN that is hard to read!!!

where "lichen" came from is a fun mystery, though a few of my buddies and I like to take obscure phrases then run 'em through like 5 different translations (Russian for some reason being a REAL problem) then back to English just for fun- looks like Korean might be a god one to add in to the mix

I hope you figure out what that review says man, as it stands it too esoteric for me :D

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

where "lichen" came from is a fun mystery, though a few of my buddies and I like to take obscure phrases then run 'em through like 5 different translations (Russian for some reason being a REAL problem) then back to English just for fun- looks like Korean might be a god one to add in to the mix

I hope you figure out what that review says man, as it stands it too esoteric for me :D

Yeah... and notice there is the word 'penis' towards the end.... That really creeps me out!

:lol:

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula

Russian is a synthetic language, while English is analytical. It means that in Russian one morpheme carries both grammatical and lexical meaning, while in English there's a strict division - some morphemes carry only grammatical meaning, and some - only lexical. Hence the difficulties in computer translating.
However, it is fun to take some Russian or English phrase, and to run it several times through a computer translator. The final outcome is often simply hilarious. We used to do it for fun very often, when I was a student.
Unfortunately, the translating software is getting better and better :-( It will soon be a problem for such good translators and interpreters as me...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Vereya

I have always thought it would be a hoot for a group to record in Babblefish .... throw everyone into a tizzy trying to 'get the message'.....

Course some of the rapper linguistic journeys would frustrate any translation because the meanings change daily and become insults a week later.

amber81

Aug 1, 2007
I hope that this could be helpful.

Hi, I'm from Korea and I've just found your post by chance.
Here's the main idea of the review .

----------------------------
I woke up early morning so I'm writing this review. These are short reviews for my current preferences. However, I know there're some people who have different taste of music, for that reason, I want to say, this is just personal opinion.

Mundi Domini - Same : I guess these guys from Quebec in Canada because of the title of music, french, and the lable. Also, I guess this Album(mucic) was released in 2002 for their debut.
I could see their photos inside includes 2boys and 4girls (they are supposed to be in their late teens).
The style of the music seems like folk music but also it has classical and church music colors as well, so I can't say that this music is just 'folk'. 9 songs written by Sean Lonergan who's playing the piano(also others) don't have drum sound and have a component with a piano, an accordion, a flute , and vocal chorus. The flows of the songs are pretty versatile and I could hear a vocal chorus like a church music , sitar's sound also the sound effect like acclaim . I highly recommend this music to someone who loves folk music and Harmonium.

-------------------------

I have no idea about your music, so I'm afraid that Icouldn't translate properly.
Hopefully, you can catch the idea of the review.

Cheers!

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
s_lone , i wonder about your music, can you talk about it ?

Hello Selin,

I recorded a CD with my band (Mundi Domini) a decade ago. We released it in 2002 but we split up right after for various reasons. Most of the music is instrumental but there are 3 songs with french lyrics.

The music in question could be described as some sort of progressive folk in the sense that it is acoustic and very much inspired by world folklore but also rooted in traditional classical music. Don't hesitate to PM if you want to know more or if you are curious to hear the music...

I think we printed about 1000 CDs and some of those CDs made it around the world as you can see with the review from Korea that started this thread. There are only about 15 CDs left and they are right here in my home... I might print a new batch eventually if I feel it could be worth it... Me and some of the old band members might end up making a new CD of the same project.

Thanks for your interest...

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey
Jeeeez. Selin, sometimes it pays to read the date of the last post. You dragged this thread out of the cobwebs from August 2007

but the answer was here only 20 minutes after i had asked, so no problem for me , i got the answer ;-)