Post photo of where you live

SwitSof

Electoral Member
Can be a site of the country, the city/town, the village, the house, anything!

Here is the 2-floor house I'm living in with 2 other flatmates.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think his yard looks nice just the way it is. And he seems to spend more time worrying about the appearance of the back.

Nice big tree there!
Nice bungalow too.
Why not plan more smaller trees on the front yard? Would definitely make it nicer, no?
If I had your yard, I'd plant different colour of roses but yeah I'm girly.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Nice big tree there!
Nice bungalow too.
Why not plan more smaller trees on the front yard? Would definitely make it nicer, no?
If I had your yard, I'd plant different colour of roses but yeah I'm girly.

Hehe. I tried to put a big tree in the front to replace the 50' maple that died but I have a better half that has her own ideas. LOL I'm not in a position to argue much. So Karrie is right. Here's my pond in the spring. I'll get another pic, later, of the lushness that is there now. :smile:

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
We get the most spectacular sunsets and cloud formations over our back yard.

Taken last winter of course...

Muz

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Sometimes it's like that at our little hamlet...usually after a thunderstorm and the hydro is out.

Crickets? I can hear crickets right now and it's late-afternoon!

Muz

I'm a city girl too. Wonder what it'd be like to live in a remote village let's say...
With no TV, no computer, no mobile, no car sounds, and probably can hear cricket at night...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
My God! Are you a sadist? :lol:

I should clairify. I can hear crickets, Robins, Cardinals, Tree Frogs, Finches, Blue Jays, all in my back yard. Yet I'm only 15 minute walk to a major 300+ store mall and 40 minute drive to downtown Toronto. The best of both worlds IMO.;-)

Andem, I love the city too but I love my respite in the city I have at home.:smile:

SwitSof

Electoral Member
My God! Are you a sadist? :lol:

No, a naturalist wanna-be :smile:. But I don't reckon I'll survive in a village :-(
I remember when my best friend, a Kiwi girl and I just arrived in Toronto and we realised how big it is compared to the other cities we went to before: Quebec, Edmonton and Calgary, she just put her arm around mine and told me,"Don't let go!" cause she's from a small town back in Kiwi land.

SwitSof

Electoral Member
Definately that. Never lived in a city with less that 1 million people.

Here's the Brandenburger Gate (a 7-8 minute walk). I took the pic last summer:

Nice building. What a shame I didn't get to go to Berlin when I was in Germany. Only Munchen, Frankfurt and Hamburg and I like Munchen the best for the architecture amongst these 3.
But I for one certainly don't mind to be able to see this from the window everyday!