CanadianContent Consulting Corp

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Imagine if this group could be co-ordinated to utilize its vast array of individual expertise for a consulting business. The diversity of knowledge and expertise around here is pretty strong. There aren't too many 'everday' problems in life that couldn't be resolved by someone who is a member here. I'm not suggesting it be tried, just pointing out how this mixed bag of opinions has as much knowledge as a lot of professional problem solving outfits when you add up the sum of the parts.

As my grade three teacher told me early in life, everyone is an expert at something.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The difficulty would be establishing credentials and generating consensus.

Pangloss

Pangloss, we could establish a position called Director of Credentials and Consensus. I think you would be perfect. See, we're already on our way to solving problem one.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I totally agree Kreskin. We're all freaking geniuses in here. Really, just ask us, we'll tell you!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I totally agree Kreskin. We're all freaking geniuses in here. Really, just ask us, we'll tell you!
I see your marketing potential Karrie. The new tag; CanadianContent Consulting Corp - "We're Freakin Geniuses - Just Ask Us!".

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Kreskin

What's missing of course is any semblance of objectivity. Contributors feel passionately about what they contribute and our passions are of course the engine of modern advertising, flopiganda...propaganda that's one flavor one day but opposite the next...and the barometer of our scales of values and convictions.

Someone here at CC mentioned the "digital" nature of modern communications, a gesture acknowledging the consumers conditioned-to 30 sec. attention span...

We're all additionally expected to simply swallow all the lies and misdirection of everyone from Jean Chretien and Paul Martin to George Bush and Henry Kissinger.....from Al Gore and David Suzuki to ...

We afford the statements that come from "reliable sources" truth while disparaging the process of logical thought ....it's difficult to (and intentionally designed for that reason) to percolate sympathy or even alternative perspectives from the "media" when the snot nosed spoiled brats like Paris Hilton and Conrad Black and the minutae of a media sculpted to limit thought and consideration is replete with double-talk and lies.

One person submits facts and figures then someone else points out that those facts and figures come from ...the Liberal Left Wing camp....or the Neo-Con Status Quo camp....so the facts are lost and only the sizzle gets through....

We don't like answers and really don't want answers...we want affirmation of our beliefs and support for our opinions and biases....

Little "brilliance" here I'm afraid....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Phew! Thank goodness for MikeyDB. Geez, we almost had some humor going there! That would have been awful.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Except Mikey, what we see here is only scratching the surface of who members really are. We see their opinions on public issues. There are people on this board with PhD's who primarily express opinions on matters they like to rant about, not what they can teach about. And one need not have a PhD to have a level of expertise in some subject matter.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Sorry Karrie

If I've spoiled the rolicking-good-fun here at CC with my contributions.....

Could you recomend a more focused and thought provoking forum I could go to...

While it's all good fun of course to watch personal spats and exchanges of veiled animosity that provide such high caliber humor here at CC....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Kreskin

I certainly agree with that observation but as Karrie will tell you it's about fun and humor and not really about what anyone feels anyway...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Kreskin

I certainly agree with that observation but as Karrie will tell you it's about fun and humor and not really about what anyone feels anyway...

Yes, it is only about fun and humour. As I said, I wasn't suggesting it was a proposal, just an observation of the potential of the sum of the parts.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sorry Karrie

If I've spoiled the rolicking-good-fun here at CC with my contributions.....

Could you recomend a more focused and thought provoking forum I could go to...

While it's all good fun of course to watch personal spats and exchanges of veiled animosity that provide such high caliber humor here at CC....

You're in 'The Lounge' Mikey. You know darn well that plenty of people here engage in intelligent, deep, thought provoking conversation in a wide variety of other fora on this site. Whether you think they are smart or not. Popping into a humorous exchange in The Lounge with your sour remarks on the intellect of the membership just seems, well, pointless. Sorry for making light of it and hurting your feelings so.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
No worries Karrie

I frequently forget to make sure that a post listed is taking place in some part of the website that has different rules or altered expectations in terms of what's appropriate and what isn't...

Perhaps we could have in addition to the joke thread, a "sarcasm thread" where people can post their ideas in a tongue in cheek spirit generously iced-over with double entendre and classic innuendo...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ph.D's, yup lots of those online. I'd like to offer my services as an expert in Bovine Excretia. My credentials are top notch and I will readily dispense my knowledge for no fee what so ever.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ph.D's, yup lots of those online. I'd like to offer my services as an expert in Bovine Excretia. My credentials are top notch and I will readily dispense my knowledge for no fee what so ever.

Paul, we've already received a number of applications for this position. We're also heavy on Paleoscattologists.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
what are you guys, five? Just because you're using big words, doesn't change the fact that you're sitting around cracking poop jokes ya know!

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
No need to consult a panel of pseudo-experts, Kreskin. Just ask moi, I do know everything. Or have you forgetten?:angryfire:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No need to consult a panel of pseudo-experts, Kreskin. Just ask moi, I do know everything. Or have you forgetten?:angryfire:
You would be in charge of proofing all documents for truth and fact.