What flummoxes your Reality Game

El Barto
Umm err ohhhh geeee house work?

Impetus
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

This is getting to the heart of the matter. But are we as significant as Sagan thinks? I think he is being optemistic. We are less than that in the big picture.

Do a search for his Cosmic Calendar clip.

If the time that has elapsed since Big Bang was a year, we'd have come on the scene at 20 (I think) seconds before midnight on December 31st.

Talk about newbies!

Muz

Dreadful Nonsense
The concept of the universe is a hologram. If you take a picture hologram and break it into as many pieces as you want the whole picture can be seen in each fragment.
Now I'm told that qunatum theory proves that everything in existance is contained simultanously in everything....So like each cell of my body contains everything that exists everywhere in existance.....my god ...that means i'm filled with unfs and i'm in unf ....dude we gotta get along better....lol
thats my daily flummoxing

Zan
Actually Doc, it's a humbling concept isn't it? Maybe we really would treat each other better if we all looked at it that way.

Another suggestion in that vein is the idea that time is not linear at all, rather it could be viewed as more as a vertical spindle upon which everything is happening all at once. I would love to be able wrap my head around that one.

*sigh* Curiosity's got the right idea though. Probably best if I learn to master the whole 'grocery list' aspect of reality first. Baby steps, baby steps.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

Actually Doc, it's a humbling concept isn't it? Maybe we really would treat each other better if we all looked at it that way.

Another suggestion in that vein is the idea that time is not linear at all, rather it could be viewed as more as a vertical spindle upon which everything is happening all at once. I would love to be able wrap my head around that one.

*sigh* Curiosity's got the right idea though. Probably best if I learn to master the whole 'grocery list' aspect of reality first. Baby steps, baby steps.

Master the grocery list....LOL!!!!
no me Lady Zan and fair maiden Curiosity of grocery ailse 4 shall take leave of the humdrum. Thoust in yer infinite beauty shall come ride with me on my magic quantum carpet......swooosh we go......
"We're not moving" says me lady
"You promised adventure" Curiosity pines in

And thus ladies and gentlemen the ART of Nagging was born

Curiosity
Hee and I missed much of this yesterday....

I'll add my 'nag' for the day.... hologram is a great way of experiencing it .... how about 'related'.... as many of us are in some distant way.

Hi cuz - bro - sis - yippee - y'all got me in yer familee...

I promise to wear shoes from now on - dress up a bit.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Hee and I missed much of this yesterday....

I'll add my 'nag' for the day.... hologram is a great way of experiencing it .... how about 'related'.... as many of us are in some distant way.

Hi cuz - bro - sis - yippee - y'all got me in yer familee...

I promise to wear shoes from now on - dress up a bit.

I think the entire universe would be better off if ya drop the clothes deal altogether
You can send me pics for I'm having a real hard time seeing you in my arm

MikeyDB
Willing and willful ignorance.

karrie
I hit a thread today that flummoxes my reality. The thread about a time machine.

And it doesn't flummox my reality because a time machine might soon exist.

What throws me is the fact that, in this world, contained inside a fragile human skull, attached to a fragile human body, such a store of knowledge exists. A store of knowledge that the man was hesitant to share. A hidden stockpile of knowledge, that could have just as easily disappeared with a car accident or a blood clot, as be brought to public light.

It makes you wonder how many incredible inventions, scientific breakthroughs, or recipes for world peace, have fallen victim to the fragility of the person who thought them up.

Curiosity
Deep Karrie - interesting (and frightening) ideas

I think of Hawking and I am grateful his life has been salvaged and his mind continues to process.

I am certain there are many others we were allowed longevity for their inspirations to be shared and we benefit therefrom.... but as you say who and how many have we lost?

What have we lost ?

I wonder.

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

A store of knowledge that the man was hesitant to share.

This flummoxes me. I know he had good reason to be concerned, but what a crying shame that someone with the courage to dream and the brains to seek a way to make the dream come true must contend with the fear and bias of those who'd cause him grief over it.

Here's something else that flummoxed me this week:

My wallet was stolen right off my desk at work on Thursday. I was beside myself about identity theft, and the sheer balls it took for someone to do that. That was a foul flummox.

That evening I received a call from a guy who's young boy found my wallet near a shopping mall while he was riding his bike. He hunted me down to make sure it got back to me. That was a fabulous flummox.

I didn't know how to express my thanks - not just for the return of my wallet, but for the repair to my faith in the innate goodness within us all. A box of chocolates, and a thank you card with a token 'reward' inside just seemed such a piddly way to express such a big gratitude.

Guess I was double flummoxed that day.

#juan
I hope you got all your cards and your drivers licence back with the wallet. I lost my wallet a few years ago and the biggest problem was all thr crap I had to go through to renew credit cards, driver's licence, etc, etc. I had about a hundred and fifty dollars in the wallet but hell.....I would have paid that gladly to have everything else back.

karrie

I didn't know how to express my thanks - not just for the return of my wallet, but for the repair to my faith in the innate goodness within us all. A box of chocolates, and a thank you card with a token 'reward' inside just seemed such a piddly way to express such a big gratitude.

Guess I was double flummoxed that day.

It's nice when people show their gratitude... it reinforces the other person's faith in humanity too, ya know?

Curiosity
Money seems the least of it when we lose all those important cards we are forced to carry ....

Zan I hope you reported the theft anyway in case someone is still planning to use your identity and has made copies of your cards...they might get a print lift off them too....

Bless the kid who turned the wallet over to his dad....there really are some good guys still around eh?

Walter
What about Caramilk in the Caramilk bars?
Last edited by Walter; Jul 28th, 2007 at 06:31 PM..Reason: font

Walter
I know how they move, it's just that I don't know why they move. I'm speaking of electrons.

Dreadful Nonsense
I found a purse once with about 35 bucks and some credit cards, drivers liscence social security, health card...bunch of stuff...i phoned left a message...got a call back and when the girl arrived to pick it up i was really taken back....
She grabbed it out of my hand. looked through and checked the thing..I asked her if everything was there? She said yes, then looked at me like i was vermin ...and walked away in a hrumph!...not even a thank you.....never figured that one out....

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I know how they move, it's just that I don't know why they move. I'm speaking of electrons.

dunno maybe it's in the E=Mc2 thing

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

I found a purse once with about 35 bucks and some credit cards, drivers liscence social security, health card...bunch of stuff...i phoned left a message...got a call back and when the girl arrived to pick it up i was really taken back....
She grabbed it out of my hand. looked through and checked the thing..I asked her if everything was there? She said yes, then looked at me like i was vermin ...and walked away in a hrumph!...not even a thank you.....never figured that one out....

That's awful! I'm sorry to hear she treated you so rudely. Maybe if she hadn't had it returned, she'd have found out the hard way how much she should have appreciated the hassle you saved her in time and money to replace all that stuff.

Dreadful Nonsense

That's awful! I'm sorry to hear she treated you so rudely. Maybe if she hadn't had it returned, she'd have found out the hard way how much she should have appreciated the hassle you saved her in time and money to replace all that stuff.

yeah well it never changed me...i'm totally honest when it comes to everything like that...I get sooooo many people wanting to give me extra change ..i always give it back...but here is a wierdy.....

I'm in this line up at wal mart with an iron that i got reduced to 45 bucks...long story doesn't matter, ceptin i hate wal mart....so the manager tells her that it is to be reduced to 45 bucks.

so like this chick is all frustrated with her machine...
This lady is buying stuff for her girl...she comes to this snow suit and the pants won't scan...she gives up and bags them...the woman looks surprised....the jacket gets scanned....i recall some other mistakes.....

I'm thinking all she really does proper here is put the stuff in bags...maybe to her this is enough of the job to get right

my turn and i joke with a smile it's only 10bucks ....she says but the manager said 45.. i said yeah i was just kidding...she said ok i will give it to you for 25 for being honest with me or something she said like thatLOL!!!
she placed it in the bag nicely.

wierdness or what....

Twila
Quote:

wierdness or what....

Almost too weird for the weirdness of weird.

I've had similar incidents at wal-mart. I think the cashiers are overworked and underpaid and don't give a flying flummox anymore about their jobs.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Almost too weird for the weirdness of weird.

But wierd just the same...

which is weird if you ask me about weirding out about weirdness.....

Twila
Quote:

which is weird if you ask me about weirding out about weirdness.

I WOULD NEVER! Sheesh! j/k lol

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I WOULD NEVER! Sheesh! j/k lol

to wierd or not wierd that is the question..
Is it better to have wierded out than to have never been wierd at all?

Friends romans countrymen lend me your weirdeness <<<now that is weird