Hell, some blokes even do animals, yuk!
It's ok to kiss on the first dateQuote has been trimmed
Now, some of us are more comfortable with this than others, but overall, we've found that a guy who wants to give you a nice polite kiss goodnight is actually interested. Knowing that is way cooler than wondering if he's ever going to call again. If a goodnight kiss, or a peck on the cheek doesn't seem appropriate, go for the hug. Most everybody's ok with that.
We really don't mind if you open doors and pull out chairs
Actually, we kind of like it. It's not that we aren't capable of doing it ourselves, but it's nice to see that a guy's got manners.
You don't always have to pay for everything
Not that we mind, per say, but we don't expect you to bankrupt yourself taking us out all the time. Any woman who really does expect her guy to bankroll their every excursion is what we here at Dating Insider call a Princess. Princesses are a whole separate topic. Most of us are fully independent women who don't mind sharing the tab or trading off who pays for a date each time.
Not calling when you said you'd call is the kiss of death
Unless you've got a really good excuse, and call soon afterwards to apologize, you've got problems. A guy who says he'll call you "tomorrow" and doesn't call for 6 days or something has already been written off. Sure, we all get busy and have lives, but if you're really...
awww Kreskin, c'mon. Ya there's girls like that out there, but my gawd man, if you've got 102 years of life experience behind ya, and don't know when yer being taken for a ride (albeit via wheelchair) then..........
anyway, seems our gals are a little reticent to share.
I'll see if I can kick start things a bit.
- Intelligence absolutely.
- Humour. (ooooh that's a biggie - humour is a huge indicator of intelligence)
- Self confidence - but not to the point of arrogance.
- Playful - mischievous is even better.
- Comfortable in a suit and jeans and able to tell when which is appropriate.
- If you're out with your gal, ACT like you're with her. If you need to ogle the cute waitress, maybe you should be trying to date HER instead of the gal who's trying to have a nice time with you.
-I hate when I see that happening.You know if you want to stare at the opposite sex, and who doesn't, you can wait till yer alone. specially after years of marriage when we are older...
You certainly don't have to pay for everything, but you also shouldn't let the gal pay for everything either.
- Small gestures of affection... not necessarily expensive ones.
- Compliments once in awhile. (See above -Sincerity counts)
- If you've been together for long time, it's still nice to be asked out on an actual 'date'.
Thats what i entered this qiote for...EXCELLENT idea and I'm going to use it..flowers and all...nice one zan
- Holding hands.
- Giving her the last bite of your chocolate bar.
OUCH...sandy loves cats...this used to work in the beginning. I would pretend to play Kitty Kat to get some of her food if it was good...i would use the kitty kat card ....LOL
- Good hygiene. Not to belabour the obvious, but some guys ... well you get the point.
- Touch - it's amazing how nuances in touch can affect us... keeping in mind, there's a difference between touching and mauling. of course there is a time and a place for both... up to you to figure out when and where, but if you're paying attention, it shouldn't be that difficult
a side note - My mother told me years ago that if I wanted to see how a man would treat me, I should watch how he treated his mother. That advice has proven itself to be true. Wish I'd listened to her.
Thats a good one for both sexes
ok gals, that's all I can come up with in a hurry, any of you like to add your thoughts?