Torture?

triedit

inimitable
Today I was dipped in melted wax, had needles stuck all over me, put on a stretching machine, and wrapped in rubber bands.

And I feel pretty darn good!

I love my physio. Im seeing both a chiropractor and a physiotherapist, twice a week for now. Because my feet are so dry, they dip them in wax, wait a bit, and peel off the wax. Granted it's HOT at first, but it's so worth it in the end.

I also get accupuncture. It's not the traditional Chinese kind. She sticks needles in various places in my neck, back, and hip as well as right between my eyes. Its amazing how much better I feel afterward and she says my body responds very well to it. I told it it's because Im so gullible.

The stretching machine is way cool. I lay on my stomach and she turns the machine on and it bends me so that my back gets stretched. Takes some getting used to but boy when it's done Im so loose!

Today we also started resistance excercises. She has me pull against giant rubber bands. One of them we wrap the band around me, trapping my arms at my sides and i stretch against them. Looks wierd, but really tests my painful muscles.

All in all I spend about 2 hours in physio. Typically (when I don't come home, strip the bed and wet vaccuum the mattress) I am pain free into the next day. Don't even need the cane that has been my best friend for a few years now.

I go back on Thursday! Whoo hoo!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Today I was dipped in melted wax, had needles stuck all over me, put on a stretching machine, and wrapped in rubber bands.

And I feel pretty darn good!

I love my physio. Im seeing both a chiropractor and a physiotherapist, twice a week for now. Because my feet are so dry, they dip them in wax, wait a bit, and peel off the wax. Granted it's HOT at first, but it's so worth it in the end.

I also get accupuncture. It's not the traditional Chinese kind. She sticks needles in various places in my neck, back, and hip as well as right between my eyes. Its amazing how much better I feel afterward and she says my body responds very well to it. I told it it's because Im so gullible.

The stretching machine is way cool. I lay on my stomach and she turns the machine on and it bends me so that my back gets stretched. Takes some getting used to but boy when it's done Im so loose!

Today we also started resistance excercises. She has me pull against giant rubber bands. One of them we wrap the band around me, trapping my arms at my sides and i stretch against them. Looks wierd, but really tests my painful muscles.

All in all I spend about 2 hours in physio. Typically (when I don't come home, strip the bed and wet vaccuum the mattress) I am pain free into the next day. Don't even need the cane that has been my best friend for a few years now.

I go back on Thursday! Whoo hoo!

Physio, eh?

So, that's what you and Doug do for "happy time". Errr.....