Do You Have Animal Friends?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I dislike the word Pet. I prefer animal friend or furbies, or four legged pals. Pets leaves me feeling that ownership is what its about. I don't own my animals.

k, jumping off the soap box and on to the topic.

I have 3 cats -
2 formerly feral cats - tabby named Tyris, and a tuxedo named Bana
1 foster cat- Silver tipped persian named Muppet (pronounced Moo pay)
1 Goldfish - who's orange and named Shadow
2 Anole lizards who have no names

And you? Who resides with you that is furry, feathery, or scaley? four leggs, no legs, or 2 legs 2 wings?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I have a dog. Mostly always had one except for 'the party years' lol. His name is Parrot. As in Parrothead, being a Jimmy Buffett fan that was nessessary. If you know Jimmy Buffett at all or South Florida you will get the Canadian angle of my nic, eh1eh. lol again.:cool:

P.S. He's had a hair cut scince this.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Unforgiven, What a funny funny dog! Terriers are the hams of the dog world...next to Dobermans that is. Nothing sillier really. Is that your dog in the video?

We use to have a staffy/doberman cross...the silliest thing ever! He'd suck on his blanket with a blissful expression on his face. He'd walk really slowly under our droopy tree (it would scratch his back) He'd prance around the house like a libizoner stallion (sp?) He would sing when certain people would come to the house...people he really liked. I miss him immensely

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Unforgiven, What a funny funny dog! Terriers are the hams of the dog world...next to Dobermans that is. Nothing sillier really. Is that your dog in the video?

We use to have a staffy/doberman cross...the silliest thing ever! He'd suck on his blanket with a blissful expression on his face. He'd walk really slowly under our droopy tree (it would scratch his back) He'd prance around the house like a libizoner stallion (sp?) He would sing when certain people would come to the house...people he really liked. I miss him immensely

Well he's not a Terrier. Not that Terriers are bad, I like them, but he's a Springer Spaniel. It's ok he doesn't mind, he likes Terriers too.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

OOps, sorry I meant to add, I had a Dobe/Great Dane. What a nut. 130 lbs of baby. Loved to dive for rocks. Her name was Pilot. Boy could she pile it. lol.:lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No need to feel that way. Doby/Great dane...I can only begin to imagine the silliness. What's Parrot like, spanials can have some very interesting character traits. A guy shows up at my work periodically with a dog that looks exactly like yours and she's just the loveliest girl! So friendly and sweet. Loves to be hugged which is a good thing since she looks like she needs a hug. Those big sad brown eyes and all!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Ha. Yes he's just so friendly if you will throw his ball. He can be shy, until the new person throws the ball. It's his obsession.:smile:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Cats are dumb

Just going to get up on my soap box here...and let it be known that animals are products of their environments. The stupider the animal the stupider the people around it...k, going to step off the soap box...please don't push....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Ha. Yes he's just so friendly if you will throw his ball. He can be shy, until the new person throws the ball. It's his obsession.

Working breeds usually have an obsession.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We got Piewacket just about four years ago. Initially, we didn't know if we should get too attatched to her because she has this thing about facing down big dogs. On Gabriola Island our three immediate neighbors had: A Rotweiler, a large black Lab, and a very large German Shepherd cross. None of these dogs were under 90 pounds and Piewacket backed them all out of our yard. She definitely has an attitude.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
She's beautiful, Juan. Tortishells have attitude. They are amazing. Don't know why the gene affects more then just colour but it does....

Our foster Muppet had been declawed and is missing most of her teeth (she's very old) yet she's gotten our 20lbs fully clawed and fully toothed tuxedo on the run. The weirdest thing is that the tuxedo, Bana should have been the one to have Muppet on the run being that Bana came first...

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog....

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Just going to get up on my soap box here...and let it be known that animals are products of their environments. The stupider the animal the stupider the people around it...k, going to step off the soap box...please don't push....

True indeed!

That being said, of course we have the most intelligent and well balanced of animal friends.

One Staffie/Golden Lab cross who loves to play tug-of-war an old wheelbarrow tire and knows better than to bother our large male Black Persian-looking cat who actually runs the place. This cat is a great mouser, almost daily bringing a trophy to the door for approval. We look the other way with this little bit of killing as even the neighbors are commenting there are less mice since we moved in a few years back.

We also have an indoor tabby who as an orphan we bottle-trained. A little bit of a 'fraidy-cat due to her tragic birth circumstances but has begun to assert herself in the household as she matures.

We're down to one guinea pig now that the other died of old age. His cage is like Taj Mahal for one.

Two budgies who we "inherited" years ago from my dad because they were "too noisy". Agreed.
He watched them for us when we were in Cuba and he didn't notice the green one had died and been replaced with a blue one.

Numerous toads and frogs who inhabit our pond and garden, and don't forget the bees living in the attic over my studio.

Yeah, I'd say we have a few friends...

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
I hope this works *fingers crossed*
The first pic is of my springer spaniel, Mickey. He just passed away in the beginning of June from bone cancer. He was 3 yrs. old.

The second pic is of our newest addition, Jasmine.

We also have 3 very large goldfish(free to a good home) and 1 toad. His name is Steve. I have to look, I think I may have a picture of him too. I'll post it later.