Do You Have Animal Friends?

Zan
Rascal:

talloola
O K, I am totally confused, (nothing new)

I can't figure out how to transfer my computer pictures onto this thread, so I put my chocolate lab
onto my avatar, BUT, if you click on my avatar for my profile, it also shows my tabby cat picture,
i'm not sure why that happened. I guess it was the 2nd picture waiting to become avatar, from my
Kodak EasyShare software.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

"Fred likes to french kiss, lick butts, and pee on strangers.".....now thats just di-di-di-disgusting!!

... says the man who raises cockroaches ...

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

We (me and Ski) have two cats and a dog. Im going to dig around and see if I can find a picture of the dog. He's....interesting. Im sure there will be stories about Fred.

Fred rocks!

shadowshiv
Looking at, and hearing about, all these beautiful animals(except for JBee's cockroaches, of course) makes me sad that I cannot get an animal friend at the moment.

I do have a cat that stops by the house from time to time(I call him Lugnut), but I have not seen him in a couple of weeks. I sure hope he is okay.

Dreadful Nonsense
great thread..great paradigm
My uncle was a famous dog breeder in the Ottawa valley....I lived for the time in the summers i got to spend with him. He taught me a lot about dogs...It's wierd but so many people say to me that i must be a good person for their cats always come up to me, and they say they hardly ever do that...I love animals specially dogs...i'm a dog sort of person

I like the opening remark about not calling them pets....never really thought about it till it was said...makes sense... whole new paradigm on our animal friends

JBeee
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

... says the man who raises cockroaches ...

Impetus
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

"Fred likes to french kiss, lick butts, and pee on strangers.".....now thats just di-di-di-disgusting!!

It was my leather jacket at one of Robin's open houses.

Fortunately he's just a wee dog and it wiped off...

Muz

daisygirl
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Fred likes to french kiss, lick butts, and pee on strangers.

I have learned the hard way to talk with my mouth closed when Fred and I are together. He likes me...a lot. And he has a long tongue. And he put it right down my throat one time when I was talking. My mouth afterwards tasted horrible and nothing could get rid of that taste. Considering he likes to lick butts, I guess I know what I was tasting. GROSS!!!!!!

Unforgiven

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

I have learned the hard way to talk with my mouth closed when Fred and I are together. He likes me...a lot. And he has a long tongue. And he put it right down my throat one time when I was talking. My mouth afterwards tasted horrible and nothing could get rid of that taste. Considering he likes to lick butts, I guess I know what I was tasting. GROSS!!!!!!

I doubt it was that. It was probably just dog.

daisygirl
OK, Ski, I dare you to French kiss with Fred and report on the taste.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

OK, Ski, I dare you to French kiss with Fred and report on the taste.

I'll ask the boy. He does it with him all the time.

Zan

I'll ask the boy. He does it with him all the time.

Lol IRBS, you and Triedit qre the only other people I've heard use this term for their kids. I've often been heard asking the girl-child where the boy-child is. Also have referred to them as Thing 1 and Thing 2, and when referring to them both at the same time, they are the kidlets.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

Lol IRBS, you and Triedit qre the only other people I've heard use this term for their kids. I've often been heard asking the girl-child where the boy-child is. Also have referred to them as Thing 1 and Thing 2, and when referring to them both at the same time, they are the kidlets.

I do it sometimes in person but all the time on the internet. I've just never been comfortable using his name on the internet. Perhaps that is just paranoia and it probably wouldn't make a difference but on the other hand I can't think of a legitamite reason FOR posting his name on the internet so I don't.

Dreadful Nonsense

I do it sometimes in person but all the time on the internet. I've just never been comfortable using his name on the internet. Perhaps that is just paranoia and it probably wouldn't make a difference but on the other hand I can't think of a legitamite reason FOR posting his name on the internet so I don't.

but it's cool .. i like it

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

That's a unique looking dog. What breed is it?

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

That's a unique looking dog. What breed is it?

Bull Terrier. Don Cherry used to have one made famous called Blue.
The original version of the Disney movie The Incredible Journey had one caled Bodger. The film Oliver! also had one in it called Bullseye. General Patton of the WWII US Army had one called William The Conquorer but was so playfull and non-agressive was dubbed Willy. And of course there was Spuds McKenzie who was the original party animal for Budwieser beer, was actually a female. This was a guarded secret I suppose because in the homophobic world of America at the time, "Chicks" wen't party animals and the Budwieser Girls would never go for a Party hardy chick lest it appear immoral. heh heh

This breed when bred well and raised in the right way, have a very personable side come forward. Clownish, and cuddly, they are very affectionate and have no interest in the concept of your personal space. Ours is deaf and was born that way. Hence the name Dodger which is short for his kennal name I Bullet Dodger. Less sensitive breeders would upon finding a deaf pup in a litter would shoot or drown them. This was to keep people from finding out that a genetic defect might exist in the line.

We refer to him among friends as "The Guinness".

There is an old legend of Bull Terriers protecting the livestock from predatious creatures and passion starved passers by. As this picture shows one in action, the legend must be true.

karrie
*sigh* never mind... I can't get a pic to attach. I give up.
Last edited by karrie; Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:12 PM..

Dreadful Nonsense
Can one still buy a Bull Terrier in ontario or are they banned like Pit Bulls.
And how did Pit Bulls get related to them, if they did at all.
Is it just ignorance?

add on edit;
I've always found them cute but shyed away from them...prolly due to ignorance again.
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Jul 6th, 2007 at 01:21 PM..Reason: add on

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Bull Terrier. Don Cherry used to have one made famous called Blue.
The original version of the Disney movie The Incredible Journey had one caled Bodger. The film Oliver! also had one in it called Bullseye. General Patton of the WWII US Army had one called William The Conquorer but was so playfull and non-agressive was dubbed Willy. And of course there was Spuds McKenzie who was the original party animal for Budwieser beer, was actually a female. This was a guarded secret I suppose because in the homophobic world of America at the time, "Chicks" wen't party animals and the Budwieser Girls would never go for a Party hardy chick lest it appear immoral. heh heh
This breed when bred well and raised in the right way, have a very personable side come forward. Clownish, and cuddly, they are very affectionate and have no interest in the concept of your personal space. Ours is deaf and was born that way. Hence the name Dodger which is short for his kennal name I Bullet Dodger. Less sensitive breeders would upon finding a deaf pup in a litter would shoot or drown them. This was to keep people from finding out that a genetic defect might exist in the line.
We refer to him among friends as "The Guinness".
There is an old legend of Bull Terriers protecting the livestock from predatious creatures and passion starved passers by. As this picture shows one in action, the legend must be true.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Thank you. By mentioning Spuds McKensie, you awakened a dormant memory! I thought that I had recognized the breed of dog. Thanks again.

Unforgiven
Sorry I missed this thread.

No the dog in the video isn't mine. But it is pretty typical of the way this breed goes about doing what they deem worth doing. I've seen dogs that have a sense of humour. Ours is no different at all. He likes a good laugh.

Twila
Quote:

I've seen dogs that have a sense of humour. Ours is no different at all. He likes a good laugh.

I think all dogs are born with a sense of humour but lose it when they get stuck with ignorant humans. It's nice to know others know that animals can have a sense of humour.

Impetus
Lately, The Bandit's favourite toy is a tire I changed on my wheelbarrow.

I throw it and as it rolls along she catches it and brings it back for a tug of war game.
I can spin around and she'll hang on with all four feet off the ground.

Sometimes she grabs the tire from the lower half such that her snout pokes through the hole in the middle and she runs along wearing it like a halo.

Wish I could get a picture...she won't stay still long enough.

Muz

shadowshiv
Dogs can be so lovable. How can anyone possibly hurt one of them?

SwitSof

Dogs can be so lovable. How can anyone possibly hurt one of them?

Well some dogs can hurt us... My brother was.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Well some dogs can hurt us... My brother was.

I certainly did not mean to imply that they can't(or won't).I meant people that got joy out of torturing them and doing other vile things to them.

SwitSof

I certainly did not mean to imply that they can't(or won't).I meant people that got joy out of torturing them and doing other vile things to them.

Having joy from torturing any living things is just down right cruelty, IMHO.

Blimey, well what about people in animal farms who have to kill cows etc. then? True, they're doing their jobs only, but the killing is justified since there is no torture involved?