Whats with the sig rules?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Thats twice! today it seems my sig line has offended a mod or mods.:-(
The first one got deleted this morning a couple of hours after it appeared...with about a 5 minute warning via PM for me to remove it myself (sorry Zan, I was on the toilet) or it would be removed and now I`m just discovering my sig, a quote from my favorite cartoon character (Ned Flanders of "The Simpsons"fame for `diddly-sakes!!`) has some how bit the dust.:?:

Whats the deal here? You all seem like level headed guys and gals able to hold your own.
I can c/p articles from other sources without a prob but cannot quote a line from a cartoon character in my sig line? *confused*

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Yeah you couldnt have an ulterior motive like trying to work around the mod requests to stop the name calling....you're a die hard Simpsons fan, right? :rolleyes:

edit..*yes, I am a Simpsons fan*
What are you suggesting Triedit?:-?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Isn't that the name you use for a member here, in reference to their childhood rape incident?

triedit

inimitable
Im not suggesting. Im flat out accusing you of being an ass about this. You know damn well that crap doesnt fly. In my 4+ years of seeing you online you've never once talked about the Simpsons.

The mods here aren't stupid and gullible. Find a decent sig.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Joey, I totally agree with triedit and the mods on this one. Find something else that isn't offensive.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Isn't that the name you use for a member here, in reference to their childhood rape incident?

Ned Flanders has always struck my funny-bone with his `diddly this and diddly that`. I tease my brother all the time with the same lines (my bro actually looks and sounds like Ned).
I could very well quote Homer or Marge Simpson I guess or put whatever I wish as a sig line but how am I to know if it`s going to bother or entertain another member? Are we obligated to change our sig lines according to members/mods likes and dislikes?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ned Flanders has always struck my funny-bone with his `diddly this and diddly that`. I tease my brother all the time with the same lines (my bro actually looks and sounds like Ned).
I could very well quote Homer or Marge Simpson I guess or put whatever I wish as a sig line but how am I to know if it`s going to bother or entertain another member? Are we obligated to change our sig lines according to members/mods likes and dislikes?
If it is referring to an incident like a member being raped during their childhood, then yes it would be an obligation.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Im not suggesting. Im flat out accusing you of being an ass about this. You know damn well that crap doesnt fly. In my 4+ years of seeing you online you've never once talked about the Simpsons.

The mods here aren't stupid and gullible. Find a decent sig.

So my avatar I had for months on the other board nor my references to the Simpsons gang over the years and their antics don`t register to you?
This sort of reminds me of the time I called another Viner member a goof only till that member decided to turn it in to a personal thing.

Each term has different meanings....look them up.
Ron was a bufoon and Davy-da-Diddler is a cheat.
I know nothing of their factual backgrounds off-line but the nicks I call them certainly suits their on-line time..

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Do we have a group from another forum who have moved here in ensemble?

You all seem to know each other and have familiarity - I've been absent so missed all the action.

Hope you are enjoying some of the new 'faces' around here.

I like y'all and your posts - please stay out of trouble - don't want to lose you.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Joey, please just stop it. You know the background so don't play innocent. We are talking about something extremely personal, private and hurtful here...moreso than anything that was actually ever said there. We are talking about an innocent child. Just let it be. Please!

And I pray to God you won't mention any names, Joey. Let this rest, please.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Do we have a group from another forum who have moved here in ensemble?

You all seem to know each other and have familiarity - I've been absent so missed all the action.

Hope you are enjoying some of the new 'faces' around here.

I like y'all and your posts - please stay out of trouble - don't want to lose you.

Oh yes, Curiosity, our community has acquired some new members that migrated here from another forum. We are doing our very best to welcome them each and all. You may notice a few growing pains as some of the newbies acclimatise to the way we hope to see each other treated here. It's a work in progress, but overall, I think most have settled in quite nicely... and a huge welcome back to you too, btw. You were missed.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Joey, I have such great respect for you. Right now, I am trying so hard to deal with Buster's death and you know how sensitive I am. I am only on here to distract myself but you know how I feel about children who have been raped. I had some in my classes. You and I have talked in depth about this subject and you know that this is a subject that is extremely near to my heart. Please don't make fun of someone who has been in that situation. That is more than I can bear, especially now. Please don't get yourself banned, hon. Just stop. Please.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Joey, please just stop it. You know the background so don't play innocent. We are talking about something extremely personal, private and hurtful here...moreso than anything that was actually ever said there. We are talking about an innocent child. Just let it be. Please!

And I pray to God you won't mention any names, Joey. Let this rest, please.

"names"?? Thorry Thue..I`m not following you.

I know Dave has wagged his tail and wiggled his way into the gentle hearts and minds of most of our new found friends with his mouth and antics but fresh wounds from only a month ago are still that....fresh.

Were talking `super troll` here folks.

For about 3 or 4 yrs Dave appeared on the old board in about a dozen names....and characters