God I Love Tim Hortons

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I live just across the border in the states. I love visiting CA and grabbing Tim Hortons for some coffee or something. Now they're popping up everywhere here! Not long till Timmy takes over the globe...:canada:

Timmies is having trouble making money south of the border. They remain a Canadian phenomimum.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
The, um, phenomenon, of Tim Hortons has another dimension: when Wendy's bought them, Wendy's was the more profitable.

Quite the other way around now.

Pangloss

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Starbucks is also spinning its corporate wheels. Too much competition for a cup of coffee.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Timmies

Just an observation. Here goes. No need for anyone to take offence. Unless you want to:.....

Over the years several ladies of my acquaintance, who were, buxom, even say, beautiful, by any description, took employment at Tim Horton's. They all seem to have put on (shall we say), several pounds.

Is the food at Tim's fattening?:roll: Please say it ain't so!!:-:)-(

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.:angry3:

Welcome jspepe79. We used to enjoy trips across the border for cheap booze. A 56oz. of Black Velvet was $10.00 US. Several years ago. Good thing them days is done. Fer us at least.
At that time, if one wanted to become an alchy, the US was the place to be. Has it changed?

:canada:N'ugg.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Don't you guys know they put crack in the coffee there. Why do you think it's so damn addictive :lol:

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Ironically I've been eating more Tim Hortins lately and I have also been losing weight more lately. Of course it could be because I eat Tim Hortins late in the day to give me energy for rollerblading.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
The funny thing is, they all use the same coffee, even most of the "Fancy" and "gourmet" coffee franchises you see about. They just spike the same beans with some spice shaken in, then ship it off as "gourmet" to various franchises. The almight buck still reigns.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
There is nothing exceptional about the coffee at Tim Horton's in my opinion. But, it is served quickly and it's cheap. If I want something fancier I'll usually stop at Second Cup.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
You can't get no better coffee than Tim Horton's, that's for sure. Would be good if they could somehow combine Krispy Kreme's mouth watering glazed donuts with Tim Horton's coffee. :smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Timmies is having trouble making money south of the border. They remain a Canadian phenomimum.

Probably due to Starbucks having a stranglehold in the US.;-)

I don't drink coffee, so whenever we do a "Timmy's Run" at work, I just get a large chocolate milk. Sometimes in the winter months I will get a French Vanilla Cap instead, but that is rare.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
You can't get no better coffee than Tim Horton's, that's for sure. Would be good if they could somehow combine Krispy Kreme's mouth watering glazed donuts with Tim Horton's coffee. :smile:

Glazed whatnow's?

I can see where they get the Kreme, but where the hell is the Krispy!? :lol:

And I bet dollars to, ummm... donuts, that there ain't no flour in them!

They won't last here, our local KK has already gone bust.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
The KK near me is bust too. All they do is put 5x as much sugar on their donuts thats all.

Tims isn't anymore fattening than most fast foods. The hot chocolate, cheese danishes and cheese croisssants are loaded with trans fats though. Hot chocolate from Tim is not a healthy alternative.

MacDonalds coffee is the only reason I go to Mc Pukes. except for the applie pie thingies and English muffins maybe.

Starbucks sucks. Way over rated and expensive.