Pickering: Sespool of Humanity

IdRatherBeSkiing
I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.

eh1eh
People are generaly honest. Of course it only takes one dishonest prick.

Zzarchov
You think that is a cesspool?

Some places I've lived, one in particular, I've seen a cop steal things unattended.

Dreadful Nonsense
Sorry doug....Another chink in the armour of goodness

Summ3rDaze
Criminals abound. My dh works for a large multinational company in Toronto where the employees all make in the 6 figures. Even though they can certainly afford to buy the stuff themselves, employees steal from each other all the time. Laptops, briefcases, you name it, if it's not tied down - it's gone.

Toro
What?

That's not the impression Michael Moore gave us about Canada.

I didn't think there was any crime at all in Ontario, what with people leaving their front doors open and everything.

JBeee
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.

Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*

missile
Agreed that most people today are thieves and liars..just ask anyone who works for Taxation Canada.

Brat
Don't beat yourself up, **** happens and so do mistakes. Crime is everywhere.
Look on the bright side,now you have a excuse to upgrade!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*

Thanx for pointing out the obvious. You are so sensitive at times I am truly touched. I certainly won't repeat my mistake.

They boy doesn't know. There really was no need to spoil his night too.

triedit
Not to mention that his oh-so-thoughtful wife had already ordered a replacement before he got home last night.

Kreskin
About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.

I have forgotten my stuff at a Scarb McDs and gone back and got it 1 hour later with no issues. I realize now I was just lucky. I talked to the manager but there was not much he could do. The security camera did not reach over to my table.