Pickering: Sespool of Humanity


IdRatherBeSkiing
#1
I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.
 
eh1eh
#2
People are generaly honest. Of course it only takes one dishonest prick.
 
Zzarchov
#3
You think that is a cesspool?

Some places I've lived, one in particular, I've seen a cop steal things unattended.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#4
Sorry doug....Another chink in the armour of goodness
 
Summ3rDaze
#5
Criminals abound. My dh works for a large multinational company in Toronto where the employees all make in the 6 figures. Even though they can certainly afford to buy the stuff themselves, employees steal from each other all the time. Laptops, briefcases, you name it, if it's not tied down - it's gone.
 
Toro
#6
What?

That's not the impression Michael Moore gave us about Canada.

I didn't think there was any crime at all in Ontario, what with people leaving their front doors open and everything.
 
JBeee
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.

Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*
 
missile
#8
Agreed that most people today are thieves and liars..just ask anyone who works for Taxation Canada.
 
Brat
#9
Don't beat yourself up, **** happens and so do mistakes. Crime is everywhere.
Look on the bright side,now you have a excuse to upgrade!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*

Thanx for pointing out the obvious. You are so sensitive at times I am truly touched. I certainly won't repeat my mistake.

They boy doesn't know. There really was no need to spoil his night too.
 
triedit
#11
Not to mention that his oh-so-thoughtful wife had already ordered a replacement before he got home last night.
 
Kreskin
#12
About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.


I have forgotten my stuff at a Scarb McDs and gone back and got it 1 hour later with no issues. I realize now I was just lucky. I talked to the manager but there was not much he could do. The security camera did not reach over to my table.
 

Similar Threads

1
Oh, the Humanity!!!!
by TenPenny | Nov 5th, 2008
52
Complaining about humanity
by karrie | Jun 16th, 2008
1
3 examples of humanity
by Karlin | Feb 9th, 2007
11
The Greatest of Humanity
by JomZ | Dec 23rd, 2005
no new posts