Since I was Banned from CC


Jersay
#1
So since I was banned from CC< I think it was two or three times I have been banned now I have got a Bachelor's degree and i have gotten out of the military after eighteen months of service in the uniform and have switched over to being a security guard. So other then that I have been traveling outdoors more and spending time learning martial arts, so I have seen CC has done some awesome upgrades, is there anything else changed, have some other members come and gone, any exciting events on CC. S
 
Toro
#2
Ibtl&b!
 
Brat
#3
This forum was invaded by Viners!
(I'm sure someone will explain it to ya eventually.)
Hey, congrats on the Bachelors degree. And wow, eighteen months of service.....Thanks!
 
Nuggler
#4
You were banned??

I thought you left to join the rest of Steve's boys over in Affy. God bless them. God damn Steve.

Glad to see you're now in an upwardly mobile line of occupation.

Welcome back Jersay.

yay

I used to be a bit good at quarterstaffs, with no padding on the end. We should get together some time, and t'will be age (me) against ...........whatever. Jist fer fun eh!! Nothing serious. Quarterstaff blends in nicely with le canne. Nice that it does, since age and osteo makes it necessary to use one.............for walking.

GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT to have you back with CC. How come you were able to escape the military after only 18 months??

Why???? Regular meals, chance for advancement. An opportunity to KILL KILL KILL and get paid for it. Chance to learn French.

Jeez, Jersay, I'da stayed in.

Can you re-up??

Ugg
 
Nuggler
#5
Lots of phuckin newbies with little or no education, since you left.

 
shadowshiv
#6
I hope that you're not talking about us Viners.
 
daisygirl
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

Lots of phuckin newbies with little or no education, since you left.

Hey, Nugly, I have 3 degrees, a B.A., a B.Ed. and a M.Ed., as well as many, many certificates from various courses, so I resent that comment.

I am, however, a newbie (and a former Viner), and want to congratulate you, Jersay, on your Bachelor's Degree. As for the time you spent serving in the military, I am so happy that you were able to come back here in one piece.
 
Colpy
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

Hey, Nugly, I have 3 degrees, a B.A., a B.Ed. and a M.Ed., as well as many, many certificates from various courses, so I resent that comment.

I am, however, a newbie (and a former Viner), and want to congratulate you, Jersay, on your Bachelor's Degree. As for the time you spent serving in the military, I am so happy that you were able to come back here in one piece.

Ok, OK, What the hell is a "Viner"?

Welcome back Jersey.

What kind of security? Take it from me, armoured car companies love ex-military..............
 
earth_as_one
#9
I think Viner makes bikes.

www.vinerbikes.com/StoreTest/...3/Default.aspx (external - login to view)

Either that or they mean people who post items from the news.
 
Toro
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Ok, OK, What the hell is a "Viner"?

I was wondering the same thing.

I googled it on the net and found it had something to do with wine.

Maybe they're alcoholics.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

I was wondering the same thing.

I googled it on the net and found it had something to do with wine.

Maybe they're alcoholics.

viners are grapes that fell from a rotting vine and some turned to raisins
whilst others got moldy and were eaten by the big bad wolf. Still others turned to wine....mostly cheap ontario bilge water variety....god i do hate ontario wine..it all suks and is the epitome of the emperor's new clothes. But i digress....thats another huge trait of all viners ..digression online....
 
MikeyDB
#12
As I look at all the parchment on my wall I realize that all these bits of nonsense are affirmation of my ability to go to school... Let me make this perfectly clear....A document on the wall celebrating your ability to parrot back the "knowledge" you paid to sit for and be entertained by ...is simply an indicator that you're good at going to school.....that's it!

Now if you want to make a real difference in your life your country your neighborhood...you don't need these ingratiating alphabet soup of letters behind your name. Some make the choice to serve their country in the military...some make the choice to be the best that they can be doing whatever it is that they can do....

Drive a bus, pick up the garbage, paint a house, mow the neighbors lawn, doing what you can do to the best of your ability, living with pride and humility, prepared to help when you can, sharing and being sure you're not taking more than you deserve....a zillion ways of making a difference doesn't require "higher education".....it's mostly bull-farts anyway.....

Getting banned for poor or obnoxious behaviour is entirely appropriate...been there....

Getting banned because the "powers that be" don't like what you're saying is something else....been there....

Hey it's all just words anyway....

Hey Colpy....how's it goin dude?...
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

I was wondering the same thing.

I googled it on the net and found it had something to do with wine.

Maybe they're alcoholics.

There are a group of us who abanded a forum sponsored by CITY-TV (wholy oned subsidurary of CHUM Inc, a division now of CTV/BellGlobeMedia or Rogers) which hosted a set of boards about there programs. The "General Discussion" forum was where most of us hung out and posted and chatted with each other. One of the mods (while they still had good ones and good software) held a vote about the name of the place. The winner of the vote was "The Grapevine" (as in "Heard it on the Grapevine"). Well after a software upgrade (or downgrade depending on your perspective). several trolls later, and new Nazi mods, we all abandoned ship and wound up here. Anyone who referes to themselves as a Viner is such a refugee.

Our only claim to fame on this board is that we all arrived on mass on the same day. We also have had issues with our checked baggage but hopefully that is all sorted out now.
 
shadowshiv
#14
What Doug(IdRatherSkiing) said.
 
Toro
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

viners are grapes that fell from a rotting vine and some turned to raisins
whilst others got moldy and were eaten by the big bad wolf. Still others turned to wine....mostly cheap ontario bilge water variety....god i do hate ontario wine..it all suks and is the epitome of the emperor's new clothes. But i digress....thats another huge trait of all viners ..digression online....

It sure does. I'm not too enamored with BC wine as well. Or Washington wine. Or French or Italian wine for that matter either.

California is where its at, baby. Chile, South Africa and Australia too.

They have a wine maker here in Florida. I'll buy the plonk if I need to clean my car engine or something, like I do with Molsons and Labatts cooking beer.
 
Toro
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

There are a group of us who abanded a forum sponsored by CITY-TV (wholy oned subsidurary of CHUM Inc, a division now of CTV/BellGlobeMedia or Rogers) which hosted a set of boards about there programs. The "General Discussion" forum was where most of us hung out and posted and chatted with each other. One of the mods (while they still had good ones and good software) held a vote about the name of the place. The winner of the vote was "The Grapevine" (as in "Heard it on the Grapevine"). Well after a software upgrade (or downgrade depending on your perspective). several trolls later, and new Nazi mods, we all abandoned ship and wound up here. Anyone who referes to themselves as a Viner is such a refugee.

Our only claim to fame on this board is that we all arrived on mass on the same day. We also have had issues with our checked baggage but hopefully that is all sorted out now.

That's interesting. I got banned last night at FreeDominion for equating the discrimination of gays to blacks.

I'd like to say that I'll spend more time here because of it, but I never spent much time there in the first place.

So now I've been banned by the Far Right and the Far Left - the Far Left being right here at CanCon when the Fringe ran the place.
 
Nuggler
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

Hey, Nugly, I have 3 degrees, a B.A., a B.Ed. and a M.Ed., as well as many, many certificates from various courses, so I resent that comment.

I am, however, a newbie (and a former Viner), and want to congratulate you, Jersay, on your Bachelor's Degree. As for the time you spent serving in the military, I am so happy that you were able to come back here in one piece.

You may resent what you will. You may also kiss my *** anytime it's convenient for you.

N'ugly
 
eh1eh
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

You may resent what you will. You may also kiss my *** anytime it's convenient for you.

N'ugly


He He, I don't resent that Nug', I one of them. I don't got much book learnin'.

Karma, post 2001. Holy Crap!
 
Colpy
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

There are a group of us who abanded a forum sponsored by CITY-TV (wholy oned subsidurary of CHUM Inc, a division now of CTV/BellGlobeMedia or Rogers) which hosted a set of boards about there programs. The "General Discussion" forum was where most of us hung out and posted and chatted with each other. One of the mods (while they still had good ones and good software) held a vote about the name of the place. The winner of the vote was "The Grapevine" (as in "Heard it on the Grapevine"). Well after a software upgrade (or downgrade depending on your perspective). several trolls later, and new Nazi mods, we all abandoned ship and wound up here. Anyone who referes to themselves as a Viner is such a refugee.

Our only claim to fame on this board is that we all arrived on mass on the same day. We also have had issues with our checked baggage but hopefully that is all sorted out now.

Thank you, and welcome Viners!
 
daisygirl
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

You may also kiss my *** anytime it's convenient for you.

N'ugly

I think not. I prefer people who know how to use toilet paper.
 
daisygirl
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Thank you, and welcome Viners!

Thank you, Colpy, for the welcome. I have found most of the posters on this forum to be really nice and friendly.
 
Kreskin
#22
What happened to 'Nugly? Anyone know a good exorcist?
 
Nuggler
#23
N'ugly was/is not impressed by those who brag about parchment on the wall. Tis only a tiny part of that which goes into getting an education; not very effective as a hammer.

I too went to a Canadian "U", many years ago, got some stuff for the picture frame, then spent the rest of my time enjoying life in spite of it.

Those who see a degree as the be and end all, are most of the time........................boring, learn by rote, and possibly stupid to boot.

Sorry, did I not give a "Viner" proper respect.?.............. There. More like it.


Daisygirl, I do know how to use toilet paper. When you learn how to use a toilet, I'll give you a demo. You risk this kind of reception when you invade and expect the masses to genuflect in your direction.

N'Ugg.

Welcome..........Viners.........yay??
 
Brat
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

Lots of phuckin newbies with little or no education, since you left.

Says you.
 
Vereya
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

N'ugly was/is not impressed by those who brag about parchment on the wall. Tis only a tiny part of that which goes into getting an education; not very effective as a hammer.
I too went to a Canadian "U", many years ago, got some stuff for the picture frame, then spent the rest of my time enjoying life in spite of it.

Getting some parchment onto your wall is one thing. Enjoying life in spite of it is another. And using the "parchment" on the wall to help you succeed in life and get still more enjoyment out of it, is still another. If your degree was just a useless parchment on a useless wall, you really have nothing to be proud of, I agree with you. But most people who have a degree use it in more productive ways, then just decorating walls. And if Daisygirl is one of such people, as I think she is, she had all the reasons to be offended. You do often make very rude remarks, it's a pity they didn't teach you some manners in the place where you got that "wall parchment".
 
Nuggler
#26
Good; some feedback from the "everything's wonderful in Russia girl". Eyes wide shut?

I calls em as I sees em Vereya. I treats em as I'm treated. People don't like it, too bad. Go to church or something.

If it had not been for a university education, I, like a lot of others, would probably not know how little I know. When I say life has been enjoyable in spite of the degree, I'm not denigrating education, far from it. Only stating that a degree does not an educated person make, and that it ain't polite to say I have this and that and whatnot, and am a far better person than you because of it. That, my dear, is bullsh@t.

See?

Rude comments. Yep. There have been a few made on this forum alright. Some by me. Some not.

Ah well, this grows tiresome. No more on this thread from me.

You're correct. Absolutely. Right right right..

N'ugg.
 
Brat
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

Getting some parchment onto your wall is one thing. Enjoying life in spite of it is another. And using the "parchment" on the wall to help you succeed in life and get still more enjoyment out of it, is still another. If your degree was just a useless parchment on a useless wall, you really have nothing to be proud of, I agree with you. But most people who have a degree use it in more productive ways, then just decorating walls. And if Daisygirl is one of such people, as I think she is, she had all the reasons to be offended. You do often make very rude remarks, it's a pity they didn't teach you some manners in the place where you got that "wall parchment".

He/She doesn't get it.

He/She is just rude.
 
MikeyDB
#28
"A Man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

From : Time Enough for Love
By Robert A. Heinlein


I’ve many friends with doctorates and masters and you could paper the inside of Skydome or the Rogers Center or whatever the hell it’s called these days with the lambskin decorating the walls in many of these peoples homes.

This is my experience…it isn’t necessarily indicative of the greater majority…

Two PHD’s I know…were amazed that I could save their one-hundred and fifty year old barn…by sinking posts in the ground and using block and tackle to straighten it up after I cut the mortise pins that held the tenons in place…then hammering in new pins…. That I could repair a part of the foundation that had collapsed on one corner…fieldstone foundation…demanding lots of elbow grease and some hand mixed mortar…

That I could build a heating device for seating the wax foundation that is used in beehives to give the little critters something to build…on…with a transformer from an old TV and some bits of wire I built a heating circuit to do what they’d been doing with an ancient reverse pizza cutter and boiling water…sure my method requries power…failing that …(not designing something to address a need that wasn’t there)…I shortened the time this process took…

That I could rebuild their maple sugaring shack and evaporation process….

Had to study for this one…the evaporator pans fit on a semi-circular (bottom profile) firepit that is wider at the feed end than it is at the smokestack end…truncated rhombus…if any of you have a clue what that means…

That I could wire a house from the stack…where the electricity enters the house at the panel..from the street…

That I could plumb hot water cold water and waste water lines throughout a house that had no plumbing in it since it was built…

That I could design duct work and cold air return systems and wire and install a furnace in this same building…

That I’ve built amplifiers and intercoms, radios and computers, gasoline engines and am reasonably knowledgeable about just about anything that flies runs on track or wheels…

The list goes on….

I didn’t learn how to do any of these things while attending two different universities…one in Canada and one in the United States….

What I learned in “school” was to kiss *** and “play the game”..absolutely necessary skills if you’re going to continue in academia or enter the larger “game” that’s called economics or law or administration that’s played by dullards and hacks and costs everyone far too much money….

Now I don’t regard myself as “normal”, couldn’t pretend for a moment to not be one of those folk who blow the Bell curve to hell and back…but not because of anything I ever learned in “school”…..

What have (in many instances people..graduates and doctors) from my profession done for the world???

We learned that education means not upsetting little Tommy or Sally by testing them and when they “fail” we dare not tell them they didn’t measure-up..that would destroy their “self-esteem”….

We learned that everything from poor parenting skills to abberant behaviour isn’t anyone’s responsibility…there’s the “fat gene” the “drunk gene” the “stupid gene”….

We learned that difficult children weren’t paying the price for poor and failed parenting that they were ADD or ADHD…or autistic or bi-polar or or or….suffering from some condition or illness…for which there are absolutely no biological indicators….

We learned that all the talk in the world won’t solve a damn thing and all the great brains oozing out of our lofty education system are actually fit for slinging burgers and driving taxis….

A system created for the wealthy and influential that uses myths like higher-education and the alphabet soup of letters after a name to protect the normal folk from naming what most of these people are saying most of the time….nonsense bull-shyte….

We’ve made some labor un-“status”-worthy…so we hire illegals to clean our pools and houses, clean up our messes and do the dirty work ..then bitch at them for being here…. No Canadian (and very few Americans) would work for the same wages they’re prepared to pay Jamacians and Mexicans and Dominicans to harvest green peppers, tobacco and sugar cane….

Degrees don’t impress me and I’m with oldnugly on this one…

We’ve all embraced various myths and the lettered-man is just one more…

 
Brat
#29
Good for you!
Now explain to me what that has to do with being judged by someone just for being new to a forum?
I believe Daisygirls point was just to show Nugg that she is in fact new to the forum and she is indeed educated. Nugg has prejudged us "Newbies" as being the opposite. Not to rub his/her nose in it.
He/She's comments was just rude and uncalled for. Noone had insulted or attacked him in this thread prior to being offended by that comment.
 
Kreskin
#30
I don't think anyone was trying to impress anyone other than respond to the comment that the "effin" newbies lacked education. Perhaps the traditonal method of proof - grabbing an ideology and sticking to it through and hell and high water on a messageboard - is still the gold standard for education.
 

Similar Threads

144
Banned!
by Unforgiven | Jul 30th, 2009
21
Was I Banned?
by Twila | Oct 26th, 2007
27
the zoo/should they be banned
by Dreadful Nonsense | Aug 19th, 2007
no new posts