Since I was Banned from CC

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So since I was banned from CC< I think it was two or three times I have been banned now I have got a Bachelor's degree and i have gotten out of the military after eighteen months of service in the uniform and have switched over to being a security guard. So other then that I have been traveling outdoors more and spending time learning martial arts, so I have seen CC has done some awesome upgrades, is there anything else changed, have some other members come and gone, any exciting events on CC. S

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
This forum was invaded by Viners!
(I'm sure someone will explain it to ya eventually.)
Hey, congrats on the Bachelors degree. And wow, eighteen months of service.....Thanks!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You were banned??

I thought you left to join the rest of Steve's boys over in Affy. God bless them. God damn Steve.

Glad to see you're now in an upwardly mobile line of occupation.

Welcome back Jersay.

yay:roll:

I used to be a bit good at quarterstaffs, with no padding on the end. We should get together some time, and t'will be age (me) against ...........whatever. Jist fer fun eh!! Nothing serious. Quarterstaff blends in nicely with le canne. Nice that it does, since age and osteo makes it necessary to use one.............for walking.

GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT to have you back with CC. How come you were able to escape the military after only 18 months??

Why???? Regular meals, chance for advancement. An opportunity to KILL KILL KILL and get paid for it. Chance to learn French.

Jeez, Jersay, I'da stayed in.

Can you re-up??

Ugg8O

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Lots of phuckin newbies with little or no education, since you left.

:canada:

Hey, Nugly, I have 3 degrees, a B.A., a B.Ed. and a M.Ed., as well as many, many certificates from various courses, so I resent that comment.

I am, however, a newbie (and a former Viner), and want to congratulate you, Jersay, on your Bachelor's Degree. As for the time you spent serving in the military, I am so happy that you were able to come back here in one piece.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey, Nugly, I have 3 degrees, a B.A., a B.Ed. and a M.Ed., as well as many, many certificates from various courses, so I resent that comment.

I am, however, a newbie (and a former Viner), and want to congratulate you, Jersay, on your Bachelor's Degree. As for the time you spent serving in the military, I am so happy that you were able to come back here in one piece.

Ok, OK, What the hell is a "Viner"?

Welcome back Jersey.

What kind of security? Take it from me, armoured car companies love ex-military..............

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I was wondering the same thing.

I googled it on the net and found it had something to do with wine.

Maybe they're alcoholics.

viners are grapes that fell from a rotting vine and some turned to raisins
whilst others got moldy and were eaten by the big bad wolf. Still others turned to wine....mostly cheap ontario bilge water variety....god i do hate ontario wine..it all suks and is the epitome of the emperor's new clothes. But i digress....thats another huge trait of all viners ..digression online....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
As I look at all the parchment on my wall I realize that all these bits of nonsense are affirmation of my ability to go to school... Let me make this perfectly clear....A document on the wall celebrating your ability to parrot back the "knowledge" you paid to sit for and be entertained by ...is simply an indicator that you're good at going to school.....that's it!

Now if you want to make a real difference in your life your country your neighborhood...you don't need these ingratiating alphabet soup of letters behind your name. Some make the choice to serve their country in the military...some make the choice to be the best that they can be doing whatever it is that they can do....

Drive a bus, pick up the garbage, paint a house, mow the neighbors lawn, doing what you can do to the best of your ability, living with pride and humility, prepared to help when you can, sharing and being sure you're not taking more than you deserve....a zillion ways of making a difference doesn't require "higher education".....it's mostly bull-farts anyway.....

Getting banned for poor or obnoxious behaviour is entirely appropriate...been there....

Getting banned because the "powers that be" don't like what you're saying is something else....been there....

Hey it's all just words anyway....

Hey Colpy....how's it goin dude?...:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was wondering the same thing.

I googled it on the net and found it had something to do with wine.

Maybe they're alcoholics.

There are a group of us who abanded a forum sponsored by CITY-TV (wholy oned subsidurary of CHUM Inc, a division now of CTV/BellGlobeMedia or Rogers) which hosted a set of boards about there programs. The "General Discussion" forum was where most of us hung out and posted and chatted with each other. One of the mods (while they still had good ones and good software) held a vote about the name of the place. The winner of the vote was "The Grapevine" (as in "Heard it on the Grapevine"). Well after a software upgrade (or downgrade depending on your perspective). several trolls later, and new Nazi mods, we all abandoned ship and wound up here. Anyone who referes to themselves as a Viner is such a refugee.

Our only claim to fame on this board is that we all arrived on mass on the same day. We also have had issues with our checked baggage but hopefully that is all sorted out now.

Toro

Senate Member
viners are grapes that fell from a rotting vine and some turned to raisins
whilst others got moldy and were eaten by the big bad wolf. Still others turned to wine....mostly cheap ontario bilge water variety....god i do hate ontario wine..it all suks and is the epitome of the emperor's new clothes. But i digress....thats another huge trait of all viners ..digression online....

It sure does. I'm not too enamored with BC wine as well. Or Washington wine. Or French or Italian wine for that matter either.

California is where its at, baby. Chile, South Africa and Australia too.

They have a wine maker here in Florida. I'll buy the plonk if I need to clean my car engine or something, like I do with Molsons and Labatts cooking beer.

Toro

Senate Member
There are a group of us who abanded a forum sponsored by CITY-TV (wholy oned subsidurary of CHUM Inc, a division now of CTV/BellGlobeMedia or Rogers) which hosted a set of boards about there programs. The "General Discussion" forum was where most of us hung out and posted and chatted with each other. One of the mods (while they still had good ones and good software) held a vote about the name of the place. The winner of the vote was "The Grapevine" (as in "Heard it on the Grapevine"). Well after a software upgrade (or downgrade depending on your perspective). several trolls later, and new Nazi mods, we all abandoned ship and wound up here. Anyone who referes to themselves as a Viner is such a refugee.

Our only claim to fame on this board is that we all arrived on mass on the same day. We also have had issues with our checked baggage but hopefully that is all sorted out now.

That's interesting. I got banned last night at FreeDominion for equating the discrimination of gays to blacks.

I'd like to say that I'll spend more time here because of it, but I never spent much time there in the first place.

So now I've been banned by the Far Right and the Far Left - the Far Left being right here at CanCon when the Fringe ran the place.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

You may resent what you will. You may also kiss my ass anytime it's convenient for you.:thefinger:

N'ugly

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Thank you, and welcome Viners!

Reactions: daisygirl