Which country should be bombed?

buddy
which one? nothing personal, just wondering.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I've never really liked France.
Last edited by IdRatherBeSkiing; Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:07 PM..Reason: added the sarcasm colour in case it wasn't obvious

Johnnny
Well der your mother!!
BUt id say Canada
That was a joke

Dreadful Nonsense
I thought the first post was going to be:
It's a valid question.

LOL!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

I thought the first post was going to be:
It's a valid question.

LOL!!!!

Its certainly quite the way to introduce oneself.

gc
None of the above.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by gcView Post

None of the above.

Valid point

gc

Valid point

LOL!

Valid Response.

talloola
I'm convinced we are arriving at a higher place in our evolution which makes us realize that no one
should ever bomb any country ever again.

There is a beautiful documentary on HD Oasis right now, showing them photographing our earth as
they go around and around, as they are going to make new maps of the earth, 30 times more
accurate than ever before.

The sights of the countries as they travel gives us a different view of all of us than ever before. Our
earth is wonderful and beautiful, and we should makes huge strides from here on to stop the wars
and bombing. Everyone who watches this documentary will have to admit that it changes them, as
it certainly has changed me.

NO MORE BOMBING

and I have to add, (even though it is off topic), NO MORE BURNING, as they showed
Madascar, and pointed out how you can see all the 'top soil' running out of the rivers
into the ocean, as they have logged that country bare, it is sad.

triedit
Maybe not a country, but maybe all countries governmental headquarters. That way they all get a "do over"

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

I'm convinced we are arriving at a higher place in our evolution which makes us realize that no one
should ever bomb any country ever again.

There is a beautiful documentary on HD Oasis right now, showing them photographing our earth as
they go around and around, as they are going to make new maps of the earth, 30 times more
accurate than ever before.

The sights of the countries as they travel gives us a different view of all of us than ever before. Our
earth is wonderful and beautiful, and we should makes huge strides from here on to stop the wars
and bombing. Everyone who watches this documentary will have to admit that it changes them, as
it certainly has changed me.

NO MORE BOMBING

and I have to add, (even though it is off topic), NO MORE BURNING, as they showed
Madascar, and pointed out how you can see all the 'top soil' running out of the rivers
into the ocean, as they have logged that country bare, it is sad.

I read this and just feel good.

A warmonger,or imperlialistic colonizers,mining companies(LOL), oil companies(lol) see the post as obstacles to overcome.

MikeyDB
Yet another juvenile celebration of **** for brains....

Guess it's time to let Canadian Content and these kinds of absurd ridiculous assinine questions represent the people of Canada on the Internet...

Jesus you people are pathetic!

thomaska
Quick! Someone say something anti-American or this post will get deleted!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Yet another juvenile celebration of **** for brains....

Guess it's time to let Canadian Content and these kinds of absurd ridiculous assinine questions represent the people of Canada on the Internet...

Jesus you people are pathetic!

So why group us all together with the initial poster? I would assume most of us realize that it is not a serious question and may or may not have given serious answers.

And stop calling us Jesus.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaskaView Post

Quick! Someone say something anti-American or this post will get deleted!

I think american cheese causes early male baldness

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

And stop calling us Jesus.

I keep getting called ASL in chat rooms

MikeyDB
Take the ridiculous nonsense home to your website or declare your ridiculous notions over at wreck beach. I apologize for calling anyone "Jesus" I don't think I really did, I was simply using a mythic symbol as emphasis for my disdain for short-sighted juvenile-assinine-nonsense.

I'd call anyone a member of a group willing to entertain this kind of repulsive crap a member of a group of people prepared to entertain this kind of crap until someone posts the obvious..

This is crap and unworthy of anyones time in entertaining discussion or reflection on an inappropriate juvenile assinine short-sighted-incredibly stupid pile of dung.

If you wish to be self-inclusive that is of course your right....

Enjoy.

karrie

You just made me laugh at the worst moment. I nearly drowned on my morning coffee. Thanks!

mabudon
I expect most Canadians to get bombed over the Canada Day long weekend, and rightly so, does that count??
Hell, I'll be one of 'em, and a few buddies will likely join me

karrie

Take the ridiculous nonsense home to your website or declare your ridiculous notions over at wreck beach. I apologize for calling anyone "Jesus" I don't think I really did, I was simply using a mythic symbol as emphasis for my disdain for short-sighted juvenile-assinine-nonsense.

I'd call anyone a member of a group willing to entertain this kind of repulsive crap a member of a group of people prepared to entertain this kind of crap until someone posts the obvious..

This is crap and unworthy of anyones time in entertaining discussion or reflection on an inappropriate juvenile assinine short-sighted-incredibly stupid pile of dung.

If you wish to be self-inclusive that is of course your right....

Enjoy.

Mikey, you seem to be especially full of tension this morning. While I agree that the OP was an assinine question, look at talloola's response, and try to tell me that this thread was unworthy of discussion. I'm sorry, but, any thread that sparks a reply like the one she gave is WORTHY OF DISCUSSION. If you don't like an OP, you really can take a deep breath, shake your head at the 'newness' of some members to the style of debate and discussion this group engages in, and cut them some slack.

Breathe Mikey. The world won't end over a question posed on the internet, but, yours might if your bloodpressure is as high as your posts might indicate!

thomaska

I thought my name was G*ddammit for a while when I was 10-13 years old. S'what dad called me and my brother most of the time.

MikeyDB
Karie

I'm appalled at the exhibition of stupidity that passes for conversation on this website. A people prepared to entertain the notion of "bombing" some nation while we have young men and women paying the price for association with the liars and theives in charge of America.

I asked for an answer to a question in another thread...and I have yet to hear anyone on this board address that question. Instead what we have are brain-dead nonsense discussions that perhaps fulfill the need for attention or are self-gratifing for desperate intellects scraping the bottom of the creative barrel...

If I want cartoons I'll watch TV. If I want stupidity I'll watch CSPAN if I want sex violence and rock'nroll I'll watch Spike and MTV....

Either this is a discussion forum that can lend a voice to people with something to say or it can be a massive waste dump of poor thinking and limited intellects...

I was simply hoping that Canadians would be able to demonstrate more depth of character and thinking than I see in this thread or for that matter throughout this website.

Sorry if I upset you...

Karrie on....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Karie

I'm appalled at the exhibition of stupidity that passes for conversation on this website. A people prepared to entertain the notion of "bombing" some nation while we have young men and women paying the price for association with the liars and theives in charge of America.

I asked for an answer to a question in another thread...and I have yet to hear anyone on this board address that question. Instead what we have are brain-dead nonsense discussions that perhaps fulfill the need for attention or are self-gratifing for desperate intellects scraping the bottom of the creative barrel...

If I want cartoons I'll watch TV. If I want stupidity I'll watch CSPAN if I want sex violence and rock'nroll I'll watch Spike and MTV....

Either this is a discussion forum that can lend a voice to people with something to say or it can be a massive waste dump of poor thinking and limited intellects...

I was simply hoping that Canadians would be able to demonstrate more depth of character and thinking than I see in this thread or for that matter throughout this website.

Sorry if I upset you...

Karrie on....

We are truly sorry that we cannot make this website to your liking. But nobody is forcing you to read this topic. They subject title alone should have been warning enough that this was not going to be an intelligent banter (despite some inteligent banter slipping in -- thanx talloola).

thomaska

Karie

Sorry if I upset you...

Karrie on....

Because dear Karrie you see, if words of hate and discontent about America stick in your throat, you should stay silent.

If you refuse to jump at the opportunity, or as Mikey seems to put it, lack the intellectual capacity, to turn a joke post into something that maligns the United States, you are not demonstrating the depth of Character that Canadians(at least good Canadians) that Mikey has come to expect and indeed demand from his countrymen.

MikeyDB
This from an America that's allowed the great nation of the United States to be led down the garden path by petrol-centric greedy con-men and liars. From a person living in a nation that feels that everything is juse swell when America continues its decline into the most despised state on the face of the earth. From a "typical American"...

I watched a program at the urging of friend ..a program titled something like.."so you think you're smarter than a five year old..."

An adult American woman chose grade two geography as her "topic"...the question was how many American states border the Pacific ocean...?

This adult American...product of the American education system...said "Oh well gosh gee...I think it's three....?

The answer was of course five. Five American states border the Pacific Ocean.

Functional iliteracy in the United States has been investigated and reported as representing 47% of the American population.

47% of America is functionally iliterate. That means they have limited ability to comprehend what they might be able to read and little to no ability to synthesze that information into meaningful choice.

Like electing George Bush for a second term...or believeing that IRAQ and Saddam Hussein were responsible for or played some role in the tragedy of 9/11...

Criticism for the American mind-set and from the American mind-set don't carry much weight with me Thomaska, my only hope was to get a sense of the rate of functional iliteracy in Canada...

Query answered.

thomaska

This from an America that's allowed the great nation of the United States to be led down the garden path by petrol-centric greedy con-men and liars. From a person living in a nation that feels that everything is juse swell when America continues its decline into the most despised state on the face of the earth. From a "typical American"...

I watched a program at the urging of friend ..a program titled something like.."so you think you're smarter than a five year old..."

An adult American woman chose grade two geography as her "topic"...the question was how many American states border the Pacific ocean...?

This adult American...product of the American education system...said "Oh well gosh gee...I think it's three....?

The answer was of course five. Five American states border the Pacific Ocean.

Functional iliteracy in the United States has been investigated and reported as representing 47% of the American population.

47% of America is functionally iliterate. That means they have limited ability to comprehend what they might be able to read and little to no ability to synthesze that information into meaningful choice.

Like electing George Bush for a second term...or believeing that IRAQ and Saddam Hussein were responsible for or played some role in the tragedy of 9/11...

Criticism for the American mind-set and from the American mind-set don't carry much weight with me Thomaska, my only hope was to get a sense of the rate of functional iliteracy in Canada...

Query answered.

I'd love to see where you get your stats from Comrade. The triumverate of Darkbeaver, Logic7 and yourself I presume?

triedit
Im utterly devestated that I don't live up to Mikey's expectations.
Wait. I couldnt have typed that. The words are too big. I am, after all, an American.

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Wait. I couldnt have typed that. The words are too big. I am, after all, an American.

Its a sumbitch ain't it? Bet you can't sleep at night.

To everyone else I most certainly do not lump the rest of you in with Mikey as typical Canadians. Mikey seems to be in the typical cynical coger group.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Okay, normally, I wouldn't point out bad spelling. But, this post begs for me to point out that when attempting to prove yourself literate, you should punctuate the words that need it, and not misspell devastated! lol. Thanks for the chuckle.

MikeyDB
Triedit

I'm surprised you can read or even operate a computer never mind mistyping....

Internet discussions..forums are the means through which people can exchange ideas and share experiences. When a converstion or topical content exposes the education level and thought-processes of people...that raise concerns regarding the facility with which the participants are interpreting and understanding the issues that are being discussed...that tells us something about who they are...

We in Canada and you in the United States are consumers of the most outrageous lies and deceptions ever printed. In the New York Times, in the Washington Post.....In Canada the Globe and Mail and many many of the syndicated news organizations are puppets of the lobby groups and special interests that are investing in keeping America and Canada stupid ill-informed and dumbing-down the dialogue between people. Where does the thirst come from for information on what's happening in Paris Hiltons life...Who the hell cares about Anna Nicole Smith and what great contribution have these people made to the critical issues of our times...?

None

Nothing

Zilch

They are rather the mechanisms of government and a media intent upon obfuscating the truth and hiding the corruption and culpability of our leaders. when we buy into the dumbing-down process voluntarily, we make ourselves willing victims. Taking the pulse of Canadian or American attitudes to important social economic and international issues left to the pollsters and the nabobs of petroleum and industry results in a vast number of people willing to support unbridled consumption regardless of the costs to this planet. Experiencing the focus and accuracy of ideas and notions presented by participants on forums gives us an impression of how capable people are in determining what is worthy of their attention and what isn't.

Thomaska

My data comes from peer reviewd documents and journals that I recieve even though I'm retired and I will admit that I pulled that number out of a journal some time ago.

If you would like more current information or perspective watch Jay Leno's Jay Walk then you tell me how "smart" Americans and America is today....