Which country should be bombed?

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Okay, normally, I wouldn't point out bad spelling. But, this post begs for me to point out that when attempting to prove yourself literate, you should punctuate the words that need it, and not misspell devastated! lol. Thanks for the chuckle.

Triedit,

You might want to run that spell checker through Mikey's post too, before he edits it. That is of course, assuming you are part of the 53% of Americans who can find their *** with both hands while in a closet. Or read the instructions to said closet.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Internet discussions..forums are the means through which people can exchange ideas and share experiences. When a converstion or topical content exposes the education level and thought-processes of people...that raise concerns regarding the facility with which the participants are interpreting and understanding the issues that are being discussed...that tells us something about who they are...

You remind me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfield. Except with you its "No internet for you".

But thanx for the lesson on what this forum is for. Here I was always wondering what this here internet thinging was for.

thomaska

Triedit

I'm surprised you can read or even operate a computer never mind mistyping....

Internet discussions..forums are the means through which people can exchange ideas and share experiences. When a converstion or topical content exposes the education level and thought-processes of people...that raise concerns regarding the facility with which the participants are interpreting and understanding the issues that are being discussed...that tells us something about who they are...

We in Canada and you in the United States are consumers of the most outrageous lies and deceptions ever printed. In the New York Times, in the Washington Post.....In Canada the Globe and Mail and many many of the syndicated news organizations are puppets of the lobby groups and special interests that are investing in keeping America and Canada stupid ill-informed and dumbing-down the dialogue between people. Where does the thirst come from for information on what's happening in Paris Hiltons life...Who the hell cares about Anna Nicole Smith and what great contribution have these people made to the critical issues of our times...?

None

Nothing

Zilch

They are rather the mechanisms of government and a media intent upon obfuscating the truth and hiding the corruption and culpability of our leaders. when we buy into the dumbing-down process voluntarily, we make ourselves willing victims. Taking the pulse of Canadian or American attitudes to important social economic and international issues left to the pollsters and the nabobs of petroleum and industry results in a vast number of people willing to support unbridled consumption regardless of the costs to this planet. Experiencing the focus and accuracy of ideas and notions presented by participants on forums gives us an impression of how capable people are in determining what is worthy of their attention and what isn't.

Thomaska

My data comes from peer reviewd documents and journals that I recieve even though I'm retired and I will admit that I pulled that number out of a journal some time ago.

If you would like more current information or perspective watch Jay Leno's Jay Walk then you tell me how "smart" Americans and America is today....

Well, I'm holding my own against your titan intellect, and that is without writing endless dissertations about whose literacy "peen" is bigger than whose. Perhaps if you watched more than Jay Leno you'd have a better idea of what and who America is.

MikeyDB
I frequently don't use spell checker and mistype at a horrendous rate. If you'd rather read perfect spelling and gramatically correct contributions I suggest you go somewhere else. I used to write what I contribute in Microsoft Word then paste it into the forum...that resulted in font size problems that prompted derision and scorn from the grammar police...

It's the idea that's important here folks, so yes there are spelling mistakes and yes the grammar isn't what you'd find in published work....

If your emphasis is on the spelling and grammar and the substance of what you're reading is of lesser importance..then fine..

DONT READ IT.

Or read if if you like but remember that your willing to invest more critical thinking in the sizzle than the steak and fall all over the icing as opposed to the cake.

If you have nothing worth saying...nothing worth asking for comment and opinion from the other contributors here...why participate?

MikeyDB
Thomaska

It's too bad that the need for peer acceptance and oportunity to rise as champion of the ignorant overwhelms your better judgement. In may threads in the past you make very valid and pointedly accurate arguments but now it seems you'd rather be an entertainer...

See ya stooge....

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaskaView Post

Triedit,

You might want to run that spell checker through Mikey's post too, before he edits it. That is of course, assuming you are part of the 53% of Americans who can find their *** with both hands while in a closet. Or read the instructions to said closet.

Yep, pretty much everyone misspells and mistypes on a regular basis.

And Mikey, basing your decisions of a culture's education levels on an EDITED piece of entertainment TV is ridiculous. I'm sure you already sensed that though.

triedit

Perhaps if you watched more than Jay Leno you'd have a better idea of what and who America is.

Seriously.

BTW Mikey, I am a Canadian Immigrant so I guess I'm your worst nightmare. An idiot from TWO countries.

Yes, Im bad with laziness. I don't bother to put in apostrophies often and I rarely even bother to capitalize. But in real life, I'm just an illiterate American so it doesn't matter how I post on the "interweb".

I do get a chuckle when Canadians criticise American television and coverage of celebrities. Canadian television is sooooo intellectual. I mean just look at that national icon Don Cherry! We could all take lessons on fashion and politics from him. Not to mention the entire crew of Canada AM or "Little Mosque on the Prairie". In fact, just this morning the gracious Canadians on Global got me up to date on both Paris Hilton and the reconnection between Brittney and KFed. Canadians are so superior.

thomaska

Thomaska

It's too bad that the need for peer acceptance and oportunity to rise as champion of the ignorant overwhelms your better judgement. In may threads in the past you make very valid and pointedly accurate arguments but now it seems you'd rather be an entertainer...

See ya stooge....

When the opportunity for entertainment (i.e your rants) arises can I be blamed for pointing out your hyperbole and obsession with all that is American?

It's just an internet forum "bub"... perhaps you should spend more time drinking the water, rather than inspecting the bottle until you die from thirst.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedit
Im utterly devestated that I don't live up to Mikey's expectations.
Wait. I couldnt have typed that. The words are too big. I am, after all, an American.

Its a sumbitch ain't it? Bet you can't sleep at night.

This guy is hilarious........
Hey Thomaska ya into 52 year old fat guys dressing up like Avril Levigne and letting you peek up their dress.....

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedit
Im utterly devestated that I don't live up to Mikey's expectations.
Wait. I couldnt have typed that. The words are too big. I am, after all, an American.

This guy is hilarious........
Hey Thomaska ya into 52 year old fat guys dressing up like Avril Levigne and letting you peek up their dress.....

You know, I saw your thread the other day about that...and tried to act like I didn't..but now I'm wondering if that was you I saw on this month's cover of Blender magazine. If you're an Avril fan you should check it out.

Oh, and no I don't think I'd like Avril if she's 52. I am age discriminatory!

buddy
Is anyone going to talk aboot what this thread is aboot!

buddy
and why are they called Threads?

buddy
and why are your post so long?

buddy
and why do you always quote?

Flamin-Joker
CANADA!!!!!!! BOMB CANADA!!!...... BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!

P.S don't F**K ABOOT!!

buddy
and why am i asking these questions?

Canada sucks

my friend is from canada!

ABOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buddy
Flamin-joker is dumb

Flamin-Joker
Reasons that canada should be bombed are:

1. Canada sucks.
2. They shoot their own soldiers.
3. They have a crappy accent that they think is cool....... but isn't.
4. They ALWAYS!! put quotes on their freakin posts!!

........I rest my case........

Flamin-Joker
shut up buddy

buddy
Let me finish, just let me finish!

OK i'm finised.

Flamin-Joker
You canadians..... with your beedy little eyes and flapping heads, so full of lies.......... BLAME CANADA!!

South Park the movie is the best documentary about canada EVER!!

Unforgiven

I frequently don't use spell checker and mistype at a horrendous rate. If you'd rather read perfect spelling and gramatically correct contributions I suggest you go somewhere else. I used to write what I contribute in Microsoft Word then paste it into the forum...that resulted in font size problems that prompted derision and scorn from the grammar police...

It's the idea that's important here folks, so yes there are spelling mistakes and yes the grammar isn't what you'd find in published work....

If your emphasis is on the spelling and grammar and the substance of what you're reading is of lesser importance..then fine..

DONT READ IT.

Or read if if you like but remember that your willing to invest more critical thinking in the sizzle than the steak and fall all over the icing as opposed to the cake.

If you have nothing worth saying...nothing worth asking for comment and opinion from the other contributors here...why participate?

My sentiments exactly, though I should say that if the spelling and grammar is so poor that it misrepresents the message then a little more effort should not be too much to ask. Most browsers offer a spell checker plug in that makes for a quick scan over the message before posting without having to cut and paste anything or worry about format changes.