Is The Canada Firearm Center Secure?

DaSleeper
Today I receive my F.A.C. (firearm acquisition and possession) renewal in the mail.......and in the same delivery, a subscription request form to a gun magazine, something I haven't had in years........coincidence??????

Colpy
No, the CFC is NOT secure.....although I doubt your gun magazine ad has anything to do with it.

One of the individuals responsible for the CFC's massive computer program went public (after he left gov't employ) about how easily the system could be hacked...........

The CFC is a colossal waste of time and money.....in my experience they have:

!. Given me completely incorrect information on the transport of prohibited weapons, which resulted in my transporting them in a completely illegal fashion, which could have earned me a MANDATORY two years in jail had I been caught before I realized their mistake.

2. Called me up asking me the whereabouts of a pistol registered to me.........that I had disposed of AT LEAST 20 years before.......so some poor bugger has that gun, and it is NOT registered to him (although he thinks it is).....see ya in a MANDATORY five years.

3. Failed to record the new registration of a rifle I inherited, leaving me in possession without a registration until I corrected the problem.

4. Sent me "permanent" firearms ID number tags (for old guns I registered that had no serial number) along with information that it was a serious offense to remove same once afixed.........their wonderful adhesive didn't work.....I cleaned and degreased the rifle, applied the tag, and it FELL OFF before I got the gun back in the gun safe, leaving me once again criminally liable.

That's the Federal folks......the provincial guys have

1. Taken 6 months to issue me a Authorization to Transport weapons in my capacity as trainer.....and the ATT listed the WRONG ranges......

2. Issued me a permit to transport all my handguns to Halifax..........when what I applied for was an ATT to transport two new inherited handguns from Halifax to Saint John.......

Little wonder I have little use for the Firearms Act.

DaSleeper
I guess everyone has a story about the new system, mine was re-registering a 28 gauge Harrington and Richardson pistol I'd had in my possession for 30 years...they hummed and hawed until I sent them a picture of the pistol with the serial number visible along with a letter from an expert whose reputation they knew explaining the history of the firearm, and that it wasn't a sawed off. I've never really had any problems with carry licence ....I've had protected carry for wilderness for a long time though, but I'm letting it expire this year......not much use for it anymore.......

Niflmir
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

No, the CFC is NOT secure.....although I doubt your gun magazine ad has anything to do with it.

One of the individuals responsible for the CFC's massive computer program went public (after he left gov't employ) about how easily the system could be hacked...........

The CFC is a colossal waste of time and money.....in my experience they have:

!. Given me completely incorrect information on the transport of prohibited weapons, which resulted in my transporting them in a completely illegal fashion, which could have earned me a MANDATORY two years in jail had I been caught before I realized their mistake.

2. Called me up asking me the whereabouts of a pistol registered to me.........that I had disposed of AT LEAST 20 years before.......so some poor bugger has that gun, and it is NOT registered to him (although he thinks it is).....see ya in a MANDATORY five years.

3. Failed to record the new registration of a rifle I inherited, leaving me in possession without a registration until I corrected the problem.

4. Sent me "permanent" firearms ID number tags (for old guns I registered that had no serial number) along with information that it was a serious offense to remove same once afixed.........their wonderful adhesive didn't work.....I cleaned and degreased the rifle, applied the tag, and it FELL OFF before I got the gun back in the gun safe, leaving me once again criminally liable.

That's the Federal folks......the provincial guys have

1. Taken 6 months to issue me a Authorization to Transport weapons in my capacity as trainer.....and the ATT listed the WRONG ranges......

2. Issued me a permit to transport all my handguns to Halifax..........when what I applied for was an ATT to transport two new inherited handguns from Halifax to Saint John.......

Little wonder I have little use for the Firearms Act.

Wow, Colpy, I'd be miffed. I have two conflicting views about gun control:
  1. Obviously, investigating gun related crime would be a snap if we knew where all the guns of a given type were.
  2. Gun registration can do nothing about gun smuggling.
What we really need are tighter borders, metal detectors even for baggage entering the country, some sort of registered transport system. Something to stop the flow, and a registry of legal guns can't do that. If we stopped the smuggling I could give you a lot of reasons for gun registry, but until then it is a smoke screen for the real problem of smuggling to hide under.

MikeyDB
Niflmir

If I say for instance...."Don't think about elephants."...What's the first thing that pops into your mind?

An elephant right..?

If I say "Getting rid of all the guns will get rid of crime."....do you believe that guns create crime and that logically getting rid of guns will get rid of crime...?

That's what Canada's politicians have been telling Canadians for years. Big suprise...it doesn't work.

Canadian politicians would like you as a taxpayer and a citizen to believe that the bench-warmers in the House of Commons are "doing-something" about criminal violence in Canada...gunfights and murders on the streets of Canadian cities....

When in fact we have mounting evidence from nearly every quarter of the Canadian panorama that tells us that our RCMP and CSIS failed to protect the passengers on Air India....failed to deal with James Rosco in a way that didn't require the death of four police officers in Mayerthorpe ....that the same RCMP commissioner responsible for the Mayerthorpe cluster-fqk was also involved in the multi-million dollar scam that force senior RCMP officers to raise a fuss recently.....

You keep on trusting what these liars and theives keep telling you if you like, I've given up on expecting integrity honesty or informed leadership from any Canadian government. The waste of a billion or several million dollars on a "gun-registy" as strategy to interdict criminality in Canada was con-job...nothing more and nothing less.

If I can keep your attention on the elephant and keep you from acknowledging failure after failure after failure by elected governments in this country...I keep my fat pension and my golden parachute while cops and our judicial system continue to fail. When the aboriginal people stand up for their rights...right or wrongly...with masked vigilantes and guns....Oka, Ipperwash, Caledonia....the Mohawk warriors don't have any qualms of any kind smuggling guns across the border into Canada from the United States. Whe biker gangs can have multiple column inches in every daily newspaper in Canada "defending" themselves against drug charges, prostitution charges, murder and conspiracy charges....and these low-lifes are carting in guns from the U.S. to practice intimidation and gang warfare.....When our government commits to inflicting death and destruction on Afghani people in the name of American petroleum industries...who created the Taliban through CIA operations in Pakistan....do the victims of our distant aggression in the name of greed have any hesitation in arming themselves against a government that is quickly becoming a photo-copy of corruption and lies that passes for "government" in the United States of America...?

Keep your eye on the elephant.....

And if you're a "good" Canadian you won't rock the boat and ask questions about why our systems of administration and justice continue to fail....