Doing the right thing

Zan
mmmmhmmmm..... and so just to reiterate my question... what have you learned so far in regards to how to treat others?

This isn't my problem, just offering up my own opinion on what I've read here. You're certainly free to disagree. But my opinion is simply that if I wanted to respect another's feelings, I wouldn't bring a problem to a place where I knew that person was also frequenting and rehash it. As for not naming names being the justification... you're kidding right? That somehow makes it better? Meh... I guess everyone has their own opinion of how to treat others with respect.

triedit
I see where you are coming from. My initial post was to learn for the FUTURE, not for current issues. There's a lot of baggage in this particular fight, and certainly it was not all my doing. I have no respect for this person--but was trying to leave that out actually. But I see your point.

I thought I clearly stated that I wanted to work on MY issue and that this was not about the particular fight per se. Ive no intention of going through that again. While I didn't set out to purposely cause additional hurt, I also don't consider this to be someone who deserves my respect. I simply didnt factor that into the equation.

So my dilemma is...how do I address and discuss the pain and issues regarding this if I cannot ask for opinions because someone with personal knowledge of the events might get upset? I don't do friendships. I took a risk with this one and it totally backfired, so Im back to being my own best friend, aside from my husband who was also hurt and cannot remain neutral (or even civil) regarding this.

So what better place than a mostly anonymous internet board to get feedback? Should I go develop trust in another board and post it there? Why?

Bottom line, I was done with this when the topic moved on. Im still done with it. I gained from posting it. You'll hear no more here from me. All parties should be just tickled pink now.

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I thought I clearly stated that I wanted to work on MY issue and that this was not about the particular fight per se. Ive no intention of going through that again. While I didn't set out to purposely cause additional hurt, I also don't consider this to be someone who deserves my respect. I simply didnt factor that into the equation.

I guess this is where you and I will have to agree to disagree. I feel that no matter how badly I think someone else has behaved, I'm still accountable for my own behaviour in response to that. In disrespecting another, no matter who they are, I first disrespect myself.

So my dilemma is...how do I address and discuss the pain and issues regarding this if I cannot ask for opinions because someone with personal knowledge of the events might get upset? I don't do friendships. I took a risk with this one and it totally backfired, so Im back to being my own best friend, aside from my husband who was also hurt and cannot remain neutral (or even civil) regarding this.

I don't know triedit. I see that it's causing you distress too, and I'm sorry to see that. BUT in finding ways to deal with it, I'd want to make sure it wasn't at the expense of another....

So what better place than a mostly anonymous internet board to get feedback? Should I go develop trust in another board and post it there? Why?

I guess I don't see it as anonymous when the person you're talking about, as well as most of community this happened within are fully aware of who and what you're talking about.

Bottom line, I was done with this when the topic moved on. Im still done with it. I gained from posting it. You'll hear no more here from me. All parties should be just tickled pink now.

I hope you're feeling better about it now. Please don't take my comments as a slam on ya. I'm just offering up another perspective... take what works for ya, disregard the rest.

daisygirl
Zan, thank you for your comments and for understanding what real friendship is about.

Unforgiven
Quote:

So what better place than a mostly anonymous internet board to get feedback? Should I go develop trust in another board and post it there? Why

So that you have your own board to get feedback from, that she can't read and so can't be offended by what you say there, you feel you best ask here in the one place you know she is for sure?

How in the world would you expect to do anything other than get under her skin?

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

I love the way you flame me.
Gee I think you're really keen.
Nice to see your smiling face.
Over done is never fun.
Rabbits make tasty babies.
Easy does it on the hot sauce.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Unf's hot today!!!!

MikeyDB
Hey Doc...

If you keep saying nice things about me I could confuse that with encouragement you know...

I love diversity. I love diversity in perspective, diversity in opinon, diversity in "position"...ideologically speaking....

Means the people you're trying to communicate with are alive....thinking breathing cognizant aware and ready to step up to the challenges of doing some of the most difficult things....

It's not easy being a human being today.... When wood had to be chopped and water run home in a bucket....when animals had to be taken care of....yeah life wasn't so easy then either.

But we've traded one set of barriers hurdles and obstacles for another....

I don't want or need or require that anyone necessarily agree with what I offer as opinion, I think it's nice when folk at least attempt to understand though....

There is a great power in the universe that we're disconnected from...that exists all around each one of us ...that we spend so much time and effort doing everything we can to ignore and deny that its there....

I don't know if you're a movie buff Doc but way back in the early seventies there was a movie filmed in Toronto (small Ontario town located on the shore of Lake Ontario...). A David Cronenberg wierdness called "Videodrome".... Starring James Woods and Debra Harry....

One of the characters in the movie was named "Brian Oblivion"...terrific name especially if you play a little letter-shuffle with the name but anyway, this character performs a soliloquy of sorts that is recorded on videotape..the only way this guy will talk to or with anyone is through TV...

"The TV screen is the retina of the minds eye"...is one of his lines.... And although not a particularly pointed cinematic thrust at the human social condition as a whole, it is a startling glimpse into the world we live in today....even just after these thirty-five years. "World War III will be fought in the videodrome....."

I've been working on a book that analyses the works of David Cronenberg, Marshal McLuhan and William Gibson....all Canadians and all of whom have made remarkable contributions to the field of communications...

Cronenberg's overarching thesis is that the next evolutionary stage of H. Sapiens will be merging with the machine/electronic world....Marshal McLuhan who taught at the University of Toronto back in the fifties...left us commentary and prognostications regarding TV...there was even a CBC vinyette parrotting one of his throw away terms..."The media is the message"....

William Gibson was the earliest writer to coin the phrase cyberspace and brought a sizeable new lexicon to the English language comprised of terms useful in describing the merging process as he saw it through books and movies..."Neuromancer"..."Johnny Mnemonic"....

My synopsis integrates biological and medical precepts as well as prostheses, stem cell research and implant technology...Cronenberg McLuhan and Gibson were well in advance of what's lurking just around the corner for us all over the next few decades...depends how much longer we'll survive as a species....

A quick...tiny peep....

From the way human beings "learn" and "learn to learn" we have some exciting work done by relatively older scientists and writers developing ideas about how our physiological presence has been combined with a growing and expanding psychological development. As external "expressions" of what McLuhan called 'volutary amputation'...our preparedness to extend/replace the biomechanical constructs of our physiology ...when we use a shovel...we've given up using our hands to part the earth and be in contact with the source of our being and instead use an artificial hand...that both increases our facility to dig and pile and increase production but at the same time isolates us from the essences of the earth from which we spring....

We as a species have a critical need to come to terms with our voluntary amputation and our willingness to evolve (in my opinion) far to rapidly into the cyborg and part-man part-machine that affords us pleasure and comfort but demands that we surrender our spirit and our dreams.....

By now you must appreciate that I just rattle on ...mostly nonsense....but hey I live in a wheelchair and have a very limited life....

Remember you can always change the channel...

Dreadful Nonsense
wow .....
Ok at first the compliment thing i took as sarcasm....but maybe it wasn't....for me to compliment unfydo is a mega loaded scene . We have issues , which when he posts certain things i really wish we didn't have.
I also insult the hell out of him which has made it impossible for him to even quote me unless it's like to strangle me or something worse.....

You ramble in a way i have never seen exceptin for that which i could only dream of doing in type....your peek is worth a few reads in itself and i shall do just that.....

the whole idea of a "global village" wasn;t that the same guy. which wow what an understatement......
wheel chair huh?

MikeyDB
Yeah "Global village was his...sorta...

Much earlier a Jesuit Priest who was excomunicated from the Roman Catholic Church talked about the concept of the "global village"....

Kind of a neat dude....Pierre Teilhard De Chardin was his name and I liked the way he stuck it to the RC church after he'd spent a few years in China. He was a paleontologist and a writer and undertook a study of the kind of Buddhism prevalent at the turn of the century (16th) in China...

My fave Chardin line is ..."We're not human beings having a spiritual experience...we're spirtual beings having a human experience..."

Neat stuff if you're interested you can google his name and wade through a lot of interesting stuff...

Yeah a wheelchair... I have days when I can walk with a cane but back in 1996 I had a series of brain strokes that left me with paralysis and a few other chasms to leap...what the hell...

Dreadful Nonsense
[QUOTE=MikeyDB;845161]..."We're not human beings having a spiritual experience...we're spirtual beings having a human experience..."

Neat stuff if you're interested you can google his name and wade through a lot of interesting stuff...

QUOTE]

Yeah that is neat...I've spent a lot of time studying various forms of Buddhism. I like alchemy for it takes the bible in whole other meaning.
Like Jesus was a master alchemist.
Lucifer fell in order for the world as we live in to actually exist.Therefore yeah Lucifer was God's fav.Ultimatly there is no good or evil just the effects played out from our decisions..

add on... oh i ment to ask...what do you mean I'm suppossed to understand dust from a Buddhist perspective....I've studdied it , and thats a new one on me.
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Jun 20th, 2007 at 12:16 AM..Reason: add on

daisygirl
Mikey, sounds to me as though you've conquered a good number of those chasms. Maybe we should nickname you Evil Knieval (however you spell his name).

MikeyDB
Daisygirl...

Why thankee little lady..

Obstacles lain before us in life simply demand that we reach down into that reservoir of power that we all have....to meet different challenges....

MikeyDB
Doc

My reference to "dust" is a little esoteric perhaps... the current Dalai Lama once mentioned in an interview that he regards much of the commentary of Confucious and C'han dynasty period writers relevant in terms of coping with the "dust" that social dynamics stir-up around particular issues...The intent was to characterize much of what the average folk become animated around is really little more than the dust that's raised when people shufle their feet along the ground as they walk...

Confucious referred to the minutae of court intrigues and background buzz of petty gossip as dust...

OK so sue me...I read too much..

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Doc

My reference to "dust" is a little esoteric perhaps... the current Dalai Lama once mentioned in an interview that he regards much of the commentary of Confucious and C'han dynasty period writers relevant in terms of coping with the "dust" that social dynamics stir-up around particular issues...The intent was to characterize much of what the average folk become animated around is really little more than the dust that's raised when people shufle their feet along the ground as they walk...

Confucious referred to the minutae of court intrigues and background buzz of petty gossip as dust...

OK so sue me...I read too much..

Yeah well we all glad you read too much! i got to stop complimenting you...

Ok I tend to get airy fairy mystical sometimes and well you don't wanna know what i was interprating dust as...
Ta very much
DD