Have/will you change(d)?


SwitSof
#61
Something I remember my mum used to tell me and I wonder if it happened on couples heaps of times.
She told me that my dad used to be a sloppy in his dressing and well on his appearance actually.
He cut his hair really short like an army guy so that it's easy to take care of, he had moustache and a bit of goatee too I think, and he never tucked in his shirt or T-shirt.
Whereas my mum was rather a stylish girl, well even in her older days she is actually. So she didn't like this style of me dad's. She asked him to shave everyday, keep his hair longer, and tuck his shir/T-shirt, otherwise she wouldn't go on a date with him.
So he did and he kept this even till they got married after 5 years of dating and about 14 years of marriage till death did them apart literally.
There is this famous saying for couples who are going to get married that the guy usually doesn't expect the wife to change but she will over time and on the contrary, the woman expects the guy to change even upon entering the relationship or during, but the guy would never change. For the married members here, did you ever find yourself or your partner change between before and after marriage? Even as small as changing their fashion
 
Zan
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Oops....

s'ok... ... Muz?



Quote: Originally Posted by CrashedView Post

Great to see some familiar monikers. I haven't clued into my buddy Muz' name yet...although i'm sure he's here incognito.

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

If I had to guess, I would say that it is #juan.

 
Dreadful Nonsense
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

s'ok... ... Muz?

This thread is all over the place so here is a good opportunity for me to ask ya something Zan.
Your avatar looks like Zhora in Blade Runner, but i know it's not due to her color...but the face...looks like the actress.
 
Unforgiven
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Something I remember my mum used to tell me and I wonder if it happened on couples heaps of times.
She told me that my dad used to be a sloppy in his dressing and well on his appearance actually.
He cut his hair really short like an army guy so that it's easy to take care of, he had moustache and a bit of goatee too I think, and he never tucked in his shirt or T-shirt.
Whereas my mum was rather a stylish girl, well even in her older days she is actually. So she didn't like this style of me dad's. She asked him to shave everyday, keep his hair longer, and tuck his shir/T-shirt, otherwise she wouldn't go on a date with him.
So he did and he kept this even till they got married after 5 years of dating and about 14 years of marriage till death did them apart literally.
There is this famous saying for couples who are going to get married that the guy usually doesn't expect the wife to change but she will over time and on the contrary, the woman expects the guy to change even upon entering the relationship or during, but the guy would never change. For the married members here, did you ever find yourself or your partner change between before and after marriage? Even as small as changing their fashion

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
I think my wife and I have changed quite a bit over the years. Found we could do things we never thought we could and changing our minds on some of the principles we had when we were very young. Our kids opened our eyes as it happens when you are no longer the principal in your life. Once you start doing for others regardless of your own needs, you find strength and quality you never suspected in yourself.

We two get each other. We understand our little pecadilos and evolve with each other as our circumstances change through life. We're still young as parents go and now that our kids are nearly out of the nest, we change again into new roles that focus not on being the people to care and provide for our kids, but into our relationship as just two again.

This we are quite looking forward too, though it is at times scary.
 
Zan
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

This thread is all over the place so here is a good opportunity for me to ask ya something Zan.
Your avatar looks like Zhora in Blade Runner, but i know it's not due to her color...but the face...looks like the actress.

Yes it's true, this thread has had a few turns eh?

Well Doc, I don't think I've seen Blade Runner... the actress in my avatar is Virginia Hey, and the series her character Zhaan played in was called FarScape. Rumour has it she had to quit that role because the blue body dye was making her quite ill. I don't know if that's true or not.

This is her in pre-lizard mode...





a more recent pic...






and isn't she the most amazing blue lizardy bald headed priestess you've ever seen?

PA'U ZOTOH ZHAAN




 
Dreadful Nonsense
#66
sorry pal....all i'm getting is hosted by tripod
 
Zan
#67

you can't see the pics?
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#68
nope...could be this gilligan island coconut computer the professor put together
 
Zan
#69
lolll... too bad... here, take a look at this then...

Virgina Hey as Zhaan (external - login to view)



psssst sorry SwitSof, I derailed the thread again...
 
SwitSof
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

we change again into new roles that focus not on being the people to care and provide for our kids, but into our relationship as just two again.

This we are quite looking forward too, though it is at times scary.

Why?
 
SwitSof
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

psssst sorry SwitSof, I derailed the thread again...

You're forgiven
I guess we're even now after I called you a dad
 
Unforgiven
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Why?

A lot of things change through life and my wife and I are working towards making a move from working 9-5 jobs home ownership and all those trappings to a much more bohemian lifestyle of living aboard a boat, subsisting on our investments and the money we earn from selling the art we create. Running our own little exotic imports business on the net.

We hope to be able to move from Canada to South America via the US and Mexico each year and returning in a cycle that allows for collecting the material we need and selling it up here and along the way.

So like any venture there are many questions that just don't have answers yet and the future isn't written so to a "planner" like myself, it's a bit scary.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

lolll... too bad... here, take a look at this then...

Virgina Hey as Zhaan (external - login to view)



psssst sorry SwitSof, I derailed the thread again...

Ahhh yes...quite beautiful. thanks....yer avatar has been catching my attention, there is a similiar look to the actress i mentioned but this one is definatly not her.
Cheers
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#74
the only thing scary is the way he paints, selling his house to move into a mold ridden apartment and live like online 24/7 whilst wifey do tries to sell a cane carved from wood on ebay. Boat trip has been talked about for 2 years now online and the plan is to actually do it in 4 more years.
Does massive amount of weed use ring any bells here......

way too funny.....or there is this huge trip to nova scotia to scout out the new base to launch the bumheaveian exile.

You can't buy this sort of material from buffoons
 
Unforgiven
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

the only thing scary is the way he paints, selling his house to move into a mold ridden apartment and live like online 24/7 whilst wifey do tries to sell a cane carved from wood on ebay. Boat trip has been talked about for 2 years now online and the plan is to actually do it in 4 more years.
Does massive amount of weed use ring any bells here......

way too funny.....or there is this huge trip to nova scotia to scout out the new base to launch the bumheaveian exile.

You can't buy this sort of material from buffoons

Someone's angry.

In ten years I'll be kicking it down south all winter.
In ten years you will still be here, on meds, still collecting welfare and pretending to be a transvestite on the Internet.

I'm ok with that.
 
triedit
#76
Aparantly the ignore button isnt working.
Dave--check your email.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#77
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Aparantly the ignore button isnt working.
Dave--check your email.

Yeah i did.I love you Robin,yer good people..

ok but oh god this is priceless


lol he upped it to ten years hahahahahahahahaha

why am i loling....ten more years of trying to impress strangers on the internet with LOL....roflmao Bohemian lifestyle.......hahahahahaha
ok ok robin ...i'll let it go..
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:02 AM..Reason: just in case he deltes the ten year action one more post
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Someone's angry.

In ten years I'll be kicking it down south all winter.
In ten years you will still be here, on meds, still collecting welfare and pretending to be a transvestite on the Internet.

I'm ok with that.


Trully looking forward to the pipedream updates....
 
Unforgiven
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Yeah i did.I love you Robin,yer good people..

ok but oh god this is priceless


lol he upped it to ten years hahahahahahahahaha

why am i loling....ten more years of trying to impress strangers on the internet with LOL....roflmao Bohemian lifestyle.......hahahahahaha
ok ok robin ...i'll let it go..

Yeah I understand you can't plan ahead. snicker.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Trully looking forward to the pipedream updates....


It is always important to have dreams and goals. You never know if you will reach them but they give you purpose in life. I think it generally in poor taste to laugh at other peoples goals whether you consider them reachable or not.
 
Toro
#81
Why change when you're perfect?
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

It is always important to have dreams and goals. You never know if you will reach them but they give you purpose in life. I think it generally in poor taste to laugh at other peoples goals whether you consider them reachable or not.

Very wise words Doug.
But when those dreams become part of the fabric you potray to people like it's something you are actually expierencing now, it's harmful to that person's mental state.

Weed is a wierd thing, i used to smoke it and realize years can go by in a fog thinking all sort of fantasies. Add an online personna with a group of people and it cannot be healthy.
Bloating your image online with images of a lifestyle, it's not fair to your peers either.At the most it's just lame..

Ack harmless i guess.....

*pulls up a chair*
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Very wise words Doug.
But when those dreams become part of the fabric you potray to people like it's something you are actually expierencing now, it's harmful to that person's mental state.

Weed is a wierd thing, i used to smoke it and realize years can go by in a fog thinking all sort of fantasies. Add an online personna with a group of people and it cannot be healthy.
Bloating your image online with images of a lifestyle, it's not fair to your peers either.At the most it's just lame..

Ack harmless i guess.....

*pulls up a chair*

But who made you his Judge? If it doesn't affect you, let it go.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

But who made you his Judge? If it doesn't affect you, let it go.

Yeah yer right mate
thanks for the heads up.
Yer alright Doug
Dave
 
triedit
#85
Well that went well
 
Unforgiven
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Why change when you're perfect?

Sure I've asked myself this many times, but since I'm as gracious as I am handsome, I've adopted a couple of minor flaws so that all these "lesser" folk don't feel so bad about themselves.
 
triedit
#87
Actually you are quite gracious and handsome--when you're not being a pain in the ****
 
SwitSof
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Actually you are quite gracious and handsome

Ah, have you 2 met?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Ah, have you 2 met?


We had meets on the old board where we would get together on occassion.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

We had meets on the old board where we would get together on occassion.

Hey did anyone show each other their meat?
It's a valid question.
 

Similar Threads

3
We need to change,now .
by china | Feb 22nd, 2007
19
Change yourself ?
by china | Jan 31st, 2007
25
Can We Change?
by china | Jan 11th, 2007
no new posts