tubal ligation reversal

gabby1
thanks

Scott Free
Sorry to hear about that. Doctor bills? Where do you live?

55Mercury
I thought the side errect was what you were after!

just kidding

But it does sound like something that wouldn't be covered by OHIP.

good luck in finding some solution, perhaps adoption?

Brat
I don't understand why a doctor would do this to someone who hasn't had kids already. This is permanent form of birth control. It may also be used for medical issues if you have them. What he should of done is put you on the pill if you intended on having children in the future. I have also had my tubes tide as they say, with no ill effects. You may want to seek a new doctor.

tracy
It is EXTREMELY difficult around to get a doctor to perform this surgery on young women, even those with several children. I've seen a 24 year old with 5 children refused the surgery. Every pamphlet on the subject I've seen says it should be considered permanent since reversal isn't guaranteed to work.

If you've only had your tubes tied, you can get pregnant through IVF. In the state of California, IVF is covered by MediCal.

Nuggler
r u fer reel?

veri few dokters wud do a tubal fer a 22 yeer old who didnt have no kids.

r dokter wuz reluctant too do wun fer my wife an we had 3 kids alredy and we wuz much older thun 22.

i think u is pullin r leggs hear, is ya?

thatt aint nice eh

(wasntbornedyesterdayUgg)

gabby1
i live in houston texas thank you yes i do have 3 kids i just don't have any with my husband i was 18 with the first right out of high school and 22 with the last one and i didn't want to get pregtany again til i got out of collage i didn't say i did not have any kids i say i didn't want to get preganty

gabby1
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

r u fer reel?

veri few dokters wud do a tubal fer a 22 yeer old who didnt have no kids.

r dokter wuz reluctant too do wun fer my wife an we had 3 kids alredy and we wuz much older thun 22.

i think u is pullin r leggs hear, is ya?

thatt aint nice eh

(wasntbornedyesterdayUgg)

and i do not have to lie thank you please if it seem as if iwas saying i didn't have kids i am soory but i say was i didn't want to get preganty

gabby1
Quote: Originally Posted by tracyView Post

It is EXTREMELY difficult around to get a doctor to perform this surgery on young women, even those with several children. I've seen a 24 year old with 5 children refused the surgery. Every pamphlet on the subject I've seen says it should be considered permanent since reversal isn't guaranteed to work.

If you've only had your tubes tied, you can get pregnant through IVF. In the state of California, IVF is covered by MediCal.

thank you i wsih i would have been told the fact but there are a lot of women who have had this done to them too. and some women have took there doctor to court and won you can say back than they didn't let women know the fact on tubal ligation and now today women who had this done in the early 1980's are so have had the same problem and there is a lot of women with this problem whitch is say because we was not told the true

gabby1
Quote: Originally Posted by BratView Post

I don't understand why a doctor would do this to someone who hasn't had kids already. This is permanent form of birth control. It may also be used for medical issues if you have them. What he should of done is put you on the pill if you intended on having children in the future. I have also had my tubes tide as they say, with no ill effects. You may want to seek a new doctor.

i do have kids i have 3

tracy
Quote: Originally Posted by gabby1View Post

thank you i wsih i would have been told the fact but there are a lot of women who have had this done to them too. and some women have took there doctor to court and won you can say back than they didn't let women know the fact on tubal ligation and now today women who had this done in the early 1980's are so have had the same problem and there is a lot of women with this problem whitch is say because we was not told the true

If they were given tubals in the early 80s, they aren't of child bearing age today anymore anyways. Even in the early 90s, it's iffy that they would be able to get pregnant naturally now.

Women need to take responsibility for educating themselves about their bodies.

Twila
Quote:

Women need to take responsibility for educating themselves about their bodies.

AMEN to that!

I may get lambasted for saying this but I firmly believe that children are a gift not a right and if I choose to have a baby late in life then I should take financial responsibility for any special education or special medical attention those children may need because of that choice

triedit
I had a tubal in 1987 and a son in 2001--with no reversal.

I have to wonder why if you have three kids already you would want more...

tracy
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I had a tubal in 1987 and a son in 2001--with no reversal.

I have to wonder why if you have three kids already you would want more...

We had a similar story in our hospital, only the after tubal pregnancy was with twins... Talk about a shock to those parents!

Nuggler
What is preganty?

We thought you were talking about getting or not getting PREGNANT.

Sorry, I withdraw all my smartass comments.

If anyone can help about the preganty issues we face today, please contact this lady.

The situation looks serious.

gabby1
what are u talking about and for women should know better i would like to know what women knows everything at 22 years old

gabby1
because my husbands doesn't have any

Twila
Quote:

what are u talking about and for women should know better i would like to know what women knows everything at 22 years old

It's being suggested that there was no need for you to not know the facts. Most cities have large buildings that house books that they'll lend you for free. There are all sorts of not for profit centre designed to help women. Most countries have gov'ts that have all sorts of resources to help anyone looking for anything. Currently, there is now the internet where one can look up anything and find answers for themselves.

triedit

yes he does. He has yours. That should be enough for him.

tracy

I can appreciate that your husband may want children, but frankly if he can't afford to pay for you to have a reversal then I don't see how he could afford the baby once it arrives. Babies are expensive little creatures.

gabby1
i am now 35 years old u are talking like they have this back than and if they did when you are young you listen to the doctor cause you think they know best and there telling you whats right