Let's have a pirate avatar party argh matey (Pirate Avatar)

Dreadful Nonsense
I found this cool place to make avatars that work well here for you can upload from yer comp to this place....love it...
Anywho this is a cool link
ypp.sleepingcat.com/avatar/iconery/ (external - login to view)

daisygirl
You actually posted something interesting for a change, Dave. Keep it up.

I wish they made more than just pirate avatars though. *sigh*

Gemini911
Yes quite impressive he's being for a change, read some of his other posts. i guess he's really scared of the mods here!! hee hee!

Twila
I recently watched a very interesting documentary on Black Beard. There was a lot of speculation about his last 'fight". It was absolutely fascinating.

daisygirl
I'm curious...what did they say about his last "fight", Twila?

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

I'm curious...what did they say about his last "fight", Twila?

yeah me too.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by Gemini911View Post

Yes quite impressive he's being for a change, read some of his other posts. i guess he's really scared of the mods here!! hee hee!

Well I did push the envolope here and there and nada so far. You know I don't think you remember the original me in the vine. jON the mod did not like me for i called him out way too many times and some folllowed me and a couple of times i made him look ridiculous. Then me and unfy had the same sort of thing.
It got to the point where I found it more fun to push buttons and play games, slowly escalating to what you saw.It was me against the bored(pun)

Robin is the only one that truly knows me.Well there is a few shakes of stuff that is well TROLL CITY hahahaha.(waits for inevitable email from belovedness)..but hey We're all here now and this is fab is it not Sue?

the thing is there is not a single one of you that i actually dislike. I love you all if you only really really knew.

sorry fopr calling you sue...you both sort were saying the same thing gemini911

Extra edit...jON actually made me look ridicolous many a time too but i did not take it personnal i learned by it...he is no slouch
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; May 31st, 2007 at 11:39 PM..Reason: calling gemini911 sue ..../ Jon add on

Twila
They speculated about why after being given a pardon Black Beard would risk Britians wrath by captaining a ship again. They feared he was going to set up shop in the Carolinas and didn't want that. It was very underhanded by the Gov't (dare I write Typical?)
The british royal navy sent out 2 sloops to capture him. Black Beard figured he could easily take the 2 sloops. He fired cannon balls at them and the Commander (who's name I can't remember right now) had his men hide below deck. Where they stayed until Black Beard gave the order to board.
At this point the Captain stomped his foot and his crew came up and hand to hand combat was fought.
Apparently Black Beard shot the captain who believed he was about to meet his maker when someone (can't remember who) ran Black Beard through with a sword!

Black Beard liked to stick slow burning wicks in his hair to scare people. He'd wear as many pistols as he could fit on his body. He was a fearsome looking spectacle!

Twila
k, found some information on wikipedia. Too much to post but a good read (if you like pirate stuff)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackbeard (external - login to view)

Dreadful Nonsense
hey ta very much Twila

Twila
No Problema. Pirate lore should be mandatory in schools....

Ann Bonney and Mary Reed should be mandatory for young girls to read about.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

No Problema. Pirate lore should be mandatory in schools....

Ann Bonney and Mary Reed should be mandatory for young girls to read about.

ok back to the popcorn lol....whats the deal with these 2 gals?

LOL!!!!

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

ok back to the popcorn lol....whats the deal with these 2 gals?

LOL!!!!

I meant that in a nice way...sometimes I look sarcastic, when i don't want to...other times I'm sarcastic and people like it and think it was ment as a good thing....LOL

Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; May 31st, 2007 at 11:31 PM..Reason: spelled Twila wrong

daisygirl
Twila, thanks for all of the information. Fascinating stuff!

daisygirl
Doc, keep on track and stay away from the flaming. You are so much nicer this way and when you are like this, I can totally understand why triedit likes you. You have so much space to explore on this board, so hopefully, you won't get bored.

gopher
Twila, Doc, and Daisy have 3 cool avatars.

Real cool!

missile
The pirate life was one of the first experiments in democracy & it's amazing how well the modern western governments have improved on their methods.

Twila
Missile, you like the pirate history too?

missile
Ever since I first saw Captain blood at the old Gaiety theatre as a lad & read the old books on the fictional ones. Long John Silver was one of my heroes[Treasure Island]

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by missileView Post

The pirate life was one of the first experiments in democracy & it's amazing how well the modern western governments have improved on their methods.

This is sooo right on. Funny too if you think about it.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

Doc, keep on track and stay away from the flaming. You are so much nicer this way and when you are like this, I can totally understand why triedit likes you. You have so much space to explore on this board, so hopefully, you won't get bored.

Ahh putting yer oar in there matey...arghhh me remembers another place and time in other waters where ya tried to do the same.Twould be much better for ya lassy if ya just row yer own dinghy...say what? As to the fact I put my fingers to the grindstone to make sure this fine lass Twila did not get me wrong in this thread your ball over the starboard bow might confuse her.

arghhh *Picks weavel out of bread and offers it to sue as just reward for her battle weary tactics.* Grumbles as he tries to find a not so rotton apple out of the barrel*******

missile
Heh! Hope nobody "harbours" any resentment here. Groan

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by missileView Post

Heh! Hope nobody "harbours" any resentment here. Groan

"Argh me capin". none towrds you. I'm not the sort that holds grudges. Forgiveness is my code of the sea. Twas the lass from the past matey ..Just giving her some friendly advice for she sometimes doesn't understand that i don't take kindly to medlin with me booty

Twila
Rebel's rule the world....It's always the rebels who make change.

Twila
Quote:

i don't take kindly to medlin with me booty

ah, I heard this with my 21st century ears and lol'd. It's hard to maintain a pirate ear. ARghhhh!

mabudon
those ARRRR some fine 'Tarrrrrs
makes me wanna finish writing "Starrr Barrrge"

Dreadful Nonsense

ah, I heard this with my 21st century ears and lol'd. It's hard to maintain a pirate ear. ARghhhh!

Arghhh! Welcome aboard lassy.Ive setcha out a fine gown fittin fer a Queen.In fact,T'is! from a Queen ...Hahahaha

Dreadful Nonsense
intermission...lol!
i first used treasure and it looked weird...then I typed booty and thought it looked better....and as luck would have it.... It took a couple of seconds and i thought hmmmmmmm...hahahaha
livin in this head can be fun at times hahahahahaha.
Love the way you phrased my feaux paus

Twila
DocDred, yer too funny.

So how be me shipmate speak today?
I`ve had t' use th' internet t' get 't starboard. But I think I can get th' hang o' this.

My cheating location: www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl (external - login to view)

Dreadful Nonsense

DocDred, yer too funny.

So how be me shipmate speak today?
I`ve had t' use th' internet t' get 't starboard. But I think I can get th' hang o' this.

My cheating location: www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl (external - login to view)

Oh god i'm in love. watch this

no new posts