May 28, 2007
Ontario
You actually posted something interesting for a change, Dave. Keep it up. :hal

I wish they made more than just pirate avatars though. *sigh*

Gemini911

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Toronto
Yes quite impressive he's being for a change, read some of his other posts. i guess he's really scared of the mods here!! hee hee!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I recently watched a very interesting documentary on Black Beard. There was a lot of speculation about his last 'fight". It was absolutely fascinating.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Yes quite impressive he's being for a change, read some of his other posts. i guess he's really scared of the mods here!! hee hee!

Well I did push the envolope here and there and nada so far. You know I don't think you remember the original me in the vine. jON the mod did not like me for i called him out way too many times and some folllowed me and a couple of times i made him look ridiculous. Then me and unfy had the same sort of thing.
It got to the point where I found it more fun to push buttons and play games, slowly escalating to what you saw.It was me against the bored(pun)

Robin is the only one that truly knows me.Well there is a few shakes of stuff that is well TROLL CITY hahahaha.(waits for inevitable email from belovedness)..but hey We're all here now and this is fab is it not Sue?

the thing is there is not a single one of you that i actually dislike. I love you all if you only really really knew.

sorry fopr calling you sue...you both sort were saying the same thing gemini911

Extra edit...jON actually made me look ridicolous many a time too but i did not take it personnal i learned by it...he is no slouch

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They speculated about why after being given a pardon Black Beard would risk Britians wrath by captaining a ship again. They feared he was going to set up shop in the Carolinas and didn't want that. It was very underhanded by the Gov't (dare I write Typical?)
The british royal navy sent out 2 sloops to capture him. Black Beard figured he could easily take the 2 sloops. He fired cannon balls at them and the Commander (who's name I can't remember right now) had his men hide below deck. Where they stayed until Black Beard gave the order to board.
At this point the Captain stomped his foot and his crew came up and hand to hand combat was fought.
Apparently Black Beard shot the captain who believed he was about to meet his maker when someone (can't remember who) ran Black Beard through with a sword!

Black Beard liked to stick slow burning wicks in his hair to scare people. He'd wear as many pistols as he could fit on his body. He was a fearsome looking spectacle!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No Problema. Pirate lore should be mandatory in schools....

Ann Bonney and Mary Reed should be mandatory for young girls to read about.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Doc, keep on track and stay away from the flaming. You are so much nicer this way and when you are like this, I can totally understand why triedit likes you. You have so much space to explore on this board, so hopefully, you won't get bored. :angel5:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The pirate life was one of the first experiments in democracy & it's amazing how well the modern western governments have improved on their methods.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ever since I first saw Captain blood at the old Gaiety theatre as a lad & read the old books on the fictional ones. Long John Silver was one of my heroes[Treasure Island]