How does one get/send PMs in this place?

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by BratView Post

Thank you Doug
Mickey was our dog. The puppy pictured in my avatar at the Vine. When we first got him we were having a hard time coming up with a name for him. So I enlisted the help of the Viners. I believe it was Arrow who came up with his name. He was only 3 years old.

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Unforgiven

It's funny you should ask that. I was thinking about posting this since you guys (The Viners) helped name him, but wasn't quit sure what the reg. members here would think.
On Tuesday ( June 5 ) our beloved Mickey Thompson Benner past away after a short battle with bone cancer. It was a very aggresive form which took him within two months. We are terribly heart broken here but we're dealing. Mickey was a major part of our lives.

As far as him racing was concerned, his feet wouldn't reach the peddles

Ah geez! Sorry to hear that. The same thing got my Dobie Humfrey. I still feel his head resting on my leg sometimes. It's tough for the first while but time heals those wounds.

{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Will do.

P.S. Now you can PM. You are all green.

No way!?! Whooo hoooo! I can pm!!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oh, and Fun Day is on the 13th of July I beleive. We won't be partcipating in it this year because we are scheduled to race in Grand Bend that weekend. But if the price of gas doesn't come down, then we will probably stay here. We'll have to let you know closer to the date if we'll be home or not.

Not sure of our plans yet. Robin is suffering from Whiplash from her accident last week and is not very mobile right now.

P.S. I assume you mean the 14th as the 13th is a Friday?

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

Here are the conditions in order to be able to PM:

-Be a member for atleast 1 week
-Have atleast 20 posts
-Have no negative reputation.

That would be me!!!!

Brat
Thanks Unf
I'm sure we'll get through this in time. It's just hard right now. I know the feeling your talking about too. I swear I can feel him lying beside me or across my legs. I also keep looking behind me cause I think he is there, following me like he always did.

Brat
Give Robin a hug from me and I hope she is feeling better soon. I read about her accident. That was nasty.
July is a ways off yet, so we can talk closer to the date.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Give Robin a hug from me and I hope she is feeling better soon. I read about her accident. That was nasty.
July is a ways off yet, so we can talk closer to the date.

Will do.

P.S. Now you can PM. You are all green.

Andem
Here are the conditions in order to be able to PM:

-Be a member for atleast 1 week
-Have atleast 20 posts
-Have no negative reputation.

shadowshiv

Thank you Shadow, you are probably right.
BTW nice to see here. I hadn't seen your name on the "other board" for awhile, (of course I wasn't there alot either.)

You are blue now! LOL!

Thank you. I lurked at the other forum(which is how I found this awesome forum), but I did not have the heart to post there anymore. It had just gotten so ugly over there.

This place is a total breath of fresh air.

My condolences on your dog, Brat. At least he was loved in his short life, which I am sure helped him at the end.

My condolences to you as well, Unf.

Brat
I hear ya!
I felt the same way. I'm still going to be cautious about what I post here knowing that Dave is here too. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.
The PM functions will be coming in handy.
And thank you for the condolences. Much appreciated.

Coddfish

On Tuesday ( June 5 ) our beloved Mickey Thompson Benner past away after a short battle with bone cancer. It was a very aggresive form which took him within two months. We are terribly heart broken here but we're dealing. Mickey was a major part of our lives.

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about that Brat. Keep all the memories of him close to you and your families' heart. At least he's in a better place now. *hug*

Brat
Thanks Coddy! (((hugs)))

daisygirl
Brat, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved member of the family. My heart goes out to you. (((((hugs)))))

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

Brat, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved member of the family. My heart goes out to you. (((((hugs)))))

Thank you Daisy
It's been difficult, at least for me. He was my shadow and I miss him terribly. I know he's in a better place now and he's pain free.
I do have some good news though. On Monday we adopted a 6 month old German shepherd/ Border Collie cross from a local SPCA. She is just adorable. I wasn't sure I was ready for another dog, but the kids kinda pushed the idea. But now that she is here, I don't regret getting her. The house just felt wrong without a dog in it.

Unforgiven
Quote:

. The house just felt wrong without a dog in

I'll say. You know what brought that home to me when our last bully passed away, was a chunk of potato that fell to the floor in the kitchen while preparing dinner. Instead of disappearing a moment after it hit the floor, it just lay there, snearing at me until I picked it up and tossed it into the garbage.

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

I'll say. You know what brought that home to me when our last bully passed away, was a chunk of potato that fell to the floor in the kitchen while preparing dinner. Instead of disappearing a moment after it hit the floor, it just lay there, snearing at me until I picked it up and tossed it into the garbage.

There have been lots of times for me. The worst was coming home and he wasn't at the door waiting. Just last week I was heading for bed and called for him because he always went to bed when I did. I did it without even thinking.
Now we have Jasmine and I'm sure, soon enough, she will leave an imprint of some kind.

It's like a dog has a different kind of energy that they bring into a home. I have had alot of relatives pass away, but have never really felt the loss as I do with a dog that I've raised. Or else it's just a different kind of loss. Hard to explain..........
But that's just me I guess.

Unforgiven

There have been lots of times for me. The worst was coming home and he wasn't at the door waiting. Just last week I was heading for bed and called for him because he always went to bed when I did. I did it without even thinking.
Now we have Jasmine and I'm sure, soon enough, she will leave an imprint of some kind.

It's like a dog has a different kind of energy that they bring into a home. I have had alot of relatives pass away, but have never really felt the loss as I do with a dog that I've raised. Or else it's just a different kind of loss. Hard to explain..........

Yup I hear yeah. Thing about a dog is the never borrow money, want to use your car or bitch about what your watching on tv. How can you help but love them more?

I've called The Guinness by our last bullys name more times than I can remember. He doesn't care one bit though.

Well I'm off for lunch with the lads, have a good one Bratski.

daisygirl

It's me too, Brat, but, yeah, it is hard to explain. I guess part of it is that our pets love us regardless of who we are, whether we are rich or poor, whether we make mistakes or not. As long as we love them, they are there for us.

I am so happy to hear about your new puppy, Brat. She sounds absolutely adorable.

Our rottie is 12 now, an age which is at the end of the spectrum for rotties. We thought we were going to have to put him down last year when he lost the use of his hind legs but there are meds aailable now which help that problem. We know he is on borrowed time, though. His eyes are so full of love that I can't even bear to think about the inevitable.

Will I get another another dog when Buster is gone? I don't think so...not this time. I have had cats and/or dogs since I was 10 and I am now 56. Each time I lose one, it just gets harder for me...it feels as though my heart will never mend. I honestly do not think I can take the heartbreak anymore and although I will desperately miss the companionship of such a faithful companion, I think it is probably best.

Brat

Will I get another another dog when Buster is gone? I don't think so...not this time. I have had cats and/or dogs since I was 10 and I am now 56. Each time I lose one, it just gets harder for me...it feels as though my heart will never mend. I honestly do not think I can take the heartbreak anymore and although I will desperately miss the companionship of such a faithful companion, I think it is probably best.

Believe me, this same thought went through my head as well, and it wasn't two weeks before I got another one, (of course I have young kids to twist my arm.)
Shorty and I have are still having our moments of tears over Mickey, even while we are playing with this puppy. I don't regret getting her, she brings that "positive energy" back into the house. We miss Mick terribly, he was a major part of our family, but we know we did right by him. It does seem to get harder the older we get, but the time we did have with Mickey (he was only three yrs old) was one of utter joy. We have the love, time and money to take care of a dog and until we don't, I don't see us not ever having a one.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Our rottie is 12 now, an age which is at the end of the spectrum for rotties. We thought we were going to have to put him down last year when he lost the use of his hind legs but there are meds aailable now which help that problem. We know he is on borrowed time, though. His eyes are so full of love that I can't even bear to think about the inevitable.

The most difficult decision in the world is to decide when those eyes filled with love needs to be put down to relieve his misery. A natural death is something which is a blessing. My second pug dog was not afforded this gift. He got old. Had trouble walking. He had arthritis and then had balance problems. He was 95% blind. Until the last 6 months, he was getting by but it started spiralling downhill after that. He was 15 which was getting up there for a pug. We decided to save our beloved pet from the hardship and pain that lay ahead. It was the worst day, the worst moment of my life. But I don't regret the decision. While his body functions and faculties decreased, his mind remained as it was. You could tell when he had an accident that inside he felt shame since that was something he knew he wasn't supposed to do. Even though there was no punishment at this point, he knew he messed up.

May you you see and recongize the point when it comes. And I wish you all the best when the day does arrive. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on that day.

Brat
It gets to a point where you have to decide whether your keeping them around for their best interest or yours.
Mickey was given six weeks to live, but that 6 wks would have been shear hell on all of us, not just him. He was already in a great deal of pain, so we made that incredibly hard decision. Was it an easy task? Hell no. I don't think I have ever done anything harder in my life, but do I regret my decision. Not at all.
As Ski said, my thoughts and prayers will be with you as well on the day you have to make that decision.
((Hugs))