Latest Addiction?

missile
My latest addiction? Whatever game currently being played on my comp[Sacred at the moment]

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by missileView Post

My latest addiction? Whatever game currently being played on my comp[Sacred at the moment]

Sacred? I haven't heard of that game. What genre is it?

eh1eh
Ode to Asses

This is just to say
I have admired
the asses
that were on
the beach

and which
you were probably saving
for future ogling

Forgive me
they were round
so tanned
and so luscious

triedit
My latest addiction is Old Time Radio Classics on XM. LOVE the old dramas like Dragnet.

Am also addicted to "Nanny Mania" on the computer.

SwitSof
Blimey, it seems to be this forum
I quite like the dynamism of this forum.
Would be better if you guys meet though.

Woah in Japan I ended up having about 3,000 over posts in 2 years and became a mod for several months till I had to leave Japan! Will this lead to the same fate?

Twila
Quote:

Am also addicted to "Nanny Mania" on the computer.

What is this?

IdRatherBeSkiing
My latest addiction is Sattellite Radio (specifically XM). I can't live without it.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

My latest addiction is Sattellite Radio (specifically XM). I can't live without it.

I hear ya Doug..although I'm getting stuck on the 60's channel...It's scary but Sandy knows all the 50's tunes and demands that channel .The quality is as good as any cd.

DaSleeper
I'm addicted to music.....Sirius Radio being one source.....Internet radio stations another...........

SwitSof
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

With this rate, I can have about 1,000 posts in about 3 months, crickey! Need to slow down!

Unforgiven
Can't say I've ever had much use for radio outside of a traffic report.
I burn my own mixes to listen to in the car and that way there is no sophmoric chatter and the next song is exactly the right song everytime.

Brat
Spider solitaire

triedit
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

What is this?

It's a download from BigFishGames. You have to clean the house all day LOL

gopher
My latest addiction -- slogout!

go to www.cricinfo.com (external - login to view) for a very challenging video game of virtual cricket

GREAT FUN!!

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSof

I quite like the dynamism of this forum.
Would be better if you guys meet though.

Woah in Japan I ended up having about 3,000 over posts in 2 years and became a mod for several months till I had to leave Japan! Will this lead to the same fate?

I have been on this forum for quite a while and it has never been better. Now that we have gotten rid of the profane Islamophobic hatemongers and replaced them with people who are interested in exchanging ideas in a civilized manner, the forum has really become a great place to be!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Can't say I've ever had much use for radio outside of a traffic report.
I burn my own mixes to listen to in the car and that way there is no sophmoric chatter and the next song is exactly the right song everytime.

One of the many reasons why I refuse to listen to FM radio anymore. I do roughly the same thing as you with my satrad except the exactly right song is a surprise. No commercials. No chatty DJs. And no work to set it up. Sattelite Radio is not Radio by any conventional definition.

Dreadful Nonsense

One of the many reasons why I refuse to listen to FM radio anymore. I do roughly the same thing as you with my satrad except the exactly right song is a surprise. No commercials. No chatty DJs. And no work to set it up. Sattelite Radio is not Radio by any conventional definition.

What I really dig about sat radio is the surprises of songs you loved , but never made it to like the top 10. So fm never played them. Hell i'm hearing stuff that i loved and forgot and prolly never made it to top 20. I wore out q107 in like 3 months. I checked in and checked out. Jack was a decent substitute but it's still holding onto playing top 10 classic tunes, so as to grab the listener so maybe they will listen to 4 secounds of a commercial before clicking away.

Hey Doug this Wolfman Jack show on 6 is this a live wolfman jack or is it tapes from the olden days?

Listening to Bob Dylan dj is awesome.The cat can really talk music , and he like knows all these obscure artists and is giving them a big break too.
It's weird cause I always looked upon Bob as a poet . But the guy is music.
I know that sounds lame but after listening to a few hours of him , his poetic side has taken a back seat to his musical knowledge and his obvious love.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

What I really dig about sat radio is the surprises of songs you loved , but never made it to like the top 10. So fm never played them. Hell i'm hearing stuff that i loved and forgot and prolly never made it to top 20. I wore out q107 in like 3 months. I checked in and checked out. Jack was a decent substitute but it's still holding onto playing top 10 classic tunes, so as to grab the listener so maybe they will listen to 4 secounds of a commercial before clicking away.

Hey Doug this Wolfman Jack show on 6 is this a live wolfman jack or is it tapes from the olden days?

Listening to Bob Dylan dj is awesome.The cat can really talk music , and he like knows all these obscure artists and is giving them a big break too.
It's weird cause I always looked upon Bob as a poet . But the guy is music.
I know that sounds lame but after listening to a few hours of him , his poetic side has taken a back seat to his musical knowledge and his obvious love.

I can't say if Wolfman Jack is live or recorded. I am not a 60s person. I listen more to Lucy, Big Tracks or the 80s or 70s. Sometimes America for a dash of country.

I've never managed to catch Dylan's Themetime radio show. Always forget about it. But it gets rave reviews on the fan boards.

The coolest thing is the old Casey Casem American Top 40 countdowns they run on the 70s and 80s weekly. It takes you right back to the countdowns as you heard them growing up. And I always wonder when he reads one of those long distance dedications whether the people are still together. Its of course nice hearing them commercial free.

Dreadful Nonsense

The coolest thing is the old Casey Casem American Top 40 countdowns they run on the 70s and 80s weekly. It takes you right back to the countdowns as you heard them growing up. And I always wonder when he reads one of those long distance dedications whether the people are still together. Its of course nice hearing them commercial free.

Yeah thats definatly tape...but well worth a listen to.It's true Doug it sling shots ya back to an era...I dig 70's ....more of an 80's kinda guy myself...Fred plays some 80's*wink*

add on...i just realized I'm a XM addict
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:17 PM..Reason: keeping the topic by searching me soul LOL!!!!!

Vereya
Quote: Originally Posted by BratView Post

Spider solitaire

Yesssssss!!

Unforgiven

Dude, Come on Eileen ain't no surprise okay. HA

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Dude, Come on Eileen ain't no surprise okay. HA

One of the cool features of Sattellite Radio is TuneSelect. You can choose 20 of your favourite artists (or songs) such as Dexy's Midnight Runners and it will notify you if the song appears on any of the 69 commercial free music channels. You then have an option of changing immediatly to whatever the channel is with a simple press of a button. So if and when they play Come On Eileen, you can bet I will have the option of hearing it. But with a playlist of countless numbers of songs over several genres, I don't hear it too often.

Another thing I love is the PAD data. It shows you name and artist of the song you are listening to. You don't need to wait for the boring DJ to ramble on about it if he even remebers before he goes to commercial. Its right there in front of you. No more arguments about who did this song.

DaSleeper
I'm certainly getting my money's worth out of my Satellite radio......because of "Tinnitus" I have it running all night through a pillow speaker, otherwise I would have a hard time getting a good night's sleep...........

DurkaDurka
Satellite radio has never really interested me, then again neither does tradition radio. Has the encryption been busted on Satellite radio yet like TV?

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Satellite radio has never really interested me, then again neither does tradition radio. Has the encryption been busted on Satellite radio yet like TV?

I don't think so. But why do you care if it doesn't interest you?

DurkaDurka

I don't think so. But why do you care if it doesn't interest you?

I work in the technology dept at ExpressVu, industry curiosity I suppose?