Prostitute Killed In Hoe Attack

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

(CBS) NORTHRIDGE, Calif. - Police say a 50-year-old man living in his mother’s home killed a transvestite prostitute with a garden hoe after bringing him back to the house, police said Wednesday.

John Freeman of Northridge was arrested Sunday on suspicion of murder.

Freeman’s mother was out of town when he allegedly picked up the 31-year-old transvestite prostitute Sunday morning and brought him to his mother’s house.

The victim wore women’s clothing to Freeman’s house but was naked at the time of the beating, police said.

The two apparently began arguing inside the house and ended up in the backyard, where Freeman allegedly attacked the victim with his fists, feet and a hoe.

Neighbors reported the assault to police at 12:30 p.m. Sunday. When officers responded, Freeman was still in the backyard, kicking the victim, police said.

Police aren’t certain of the motive, but they do not believe Freeman suddenly discovered the prostitute was a man. Freeman and the victim had a casual relationship in the past, police said, and Freeman knew the victim had male anatomy.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I can't believe no one has posted the obvious jokes about a ho hoed to death.

Very strange story.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I wanted to, I mean, I REALLY wanted to, but it was so obvious..and well..kinda in poor taste.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Um, guys, unless the joke is that nobody got the joke, the joke was already made in the headline. It is along the lines of a mischievous bunch of university boaters who were thrown out of a competition for fighting:

"Rowdy rowers rue row row."

Bad taste, dehumanizing, and kinda obscene to use deliberate murder as a pretext for puns.

Pangloss

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Um, guys, unless the joke is that nobody got the joke, the joke was already made in the headline. It is along the lines of a mischievous bunch of university boaters who were thrown out of a competition for fighting:

"Rowdy rowers rue row row."

Bad taste, dehumanizing, and kinda obscene to use deliberate murder as a pretext for puns.

Pangloss

Equating killing a person with rowing a boat truly is obscene, I agree. You need your priorities re-examined.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Wonderfully convoluted defensive posture TP - kinda like yoga, I'd guess?

Re-evaluate my priorities? I do that every day. Among the things that have been pretty consistent in my "value-set" are respect for others and regard for life.

As a reporter, I would never have written a header like that. Too callous by far for me.

Pangloss

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Prostitute Killed in Hoe Attack is too callous?

Sex Trade Worker Dies After Encounter With Farm Implement would be better, I suppose.

How about "Prostitute Murdered"? Or, "Man Lures, Kills Prostitute"? Or "Prostitute Slashed, Beaten to Death by John"?

Or, "(Killer's name) Confesses to Beating, Slashing Murder of Prostitute."

But, if you're sure the prostitute's parents are going to read the headline, you could write "Hooker Gets "Cum"-uppance By Way Of Hoe, and How!"

But that's only if you're a heartless pig.

Pangloss

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
HEARTLESS HEAVY HACKS HO WITH HOE

CULPRIT COGNIZANT TO COPS

DENIED HEAD, HACKS HO WITH...................BLA BLA BLA

PROSTITUTE PULVERIZED WITH PLANTATION PLANTING-ASSISTOR. (bit of a stretch)

Bad taste indeed. Why are we here if not to follow the foibles of fellow fools?8O

:angry3:nugly

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
How about "Prostitute Murdered"? Or, "Man Lures, Kills Prostitute"? Or "Prostitute Slashed, Beaten to Death by John"?

Or, "(Killer's name) Confesses to Beating, Slashing Murder of Prostitute."

But, if you're sure the prostitute's parents are going to read the headline, you could write "Hooker Gets "Cum"-uppance By Way Of Hoe, and How!"

But that's only if you're a heartless pig.

Pangloss

If you actually cared at all, you wouldn't refer to the victim as a prostitute in the first place.

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
I wonder what Falwell would have said? One thing for sure, prostitution is a dangerous job. Too bad human beings engage in it, but they must know the risks, but have to wonder if they believe they will become a statistic.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I wonder what Falwell would have said? One thing for sure, prostitution is a dangerous job. Too bad human beings engage in it, but they must know the risks, but have to wonder if they believe they will become a statistic.

Artists are given certain talents; they use those talents to make a living.
Many people are given intellectual curiousity and the opportunity and ability to learn complicated technical skills, and become doctors, engineers, scientists.
Some people are given looks, and become models.
Some people use the body they are given to make a living as sex trade workers.

Ya work with what ya got, if there is a market demand out there. But it certainly is dangerous.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
If you actually cared at all, you wouldn't refer to the victim as a prostitute in the first place.

If the person was trading sex for money, then they were a prostitute.

Simple, clear terms make dishonesty difficult. Read Orwell's "Politics and the English Language."

Pangloss

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Prostitution tends to be dangerous in places where there are legal and moral prohibitions against the sex trade.

Child prostitution tends to exist in places where there are legal and moral prohibitions against the sex trade.

Prostitute-borne STDs tend to be more prevalent in places where there are legal and moral prohibitions against the sex trade.

Prostitution as a result of drug addiction tends to be more prevalent in places where there are legal and moral prohibitions against the sex trade.

This holds true across many cultures and many decades.

Check out the works of John Lowman (criminology - Simon Fraser University)

Pangloss