Move to Ontario

Bluerocks

Jun 18, 2005
Qc, Canada
Hello Everyone,

Currently reside in the province of Quebec. I am looking to move in the province of Ontario. There are several factors considered for the move, mostly which is because of the Quebec politics.

Looking for some of your inputs or opinions. Most probably would be relocating in the Toronto area. There are so much opportunities there. Since I've visited the city before and adored my stay, it would seem logical to move there. Could anyone from that area give some advice such as best suburban areas to live, apartments, safe neighbourhoods? Meanwhile, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Hello Everyone,

Currently reside in the province of Quebec. I am looking to move in the province of Ontario. There are several factors considered for the move, mostly which is because of the Quebec politics.

Looking for some of your inputs or opinions. Most probably would be relocating in the Toronto area. There are so much opportunities there. Since I've visited the city before and adored my stay, it would seem logical to move there. Could anyone from that area give some advice such as best suburban areas to live, apartments, safe neighbourhoods? Meanwhile, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well, it would really depend on your lifestyle. Would you prefer downtown, midtown, uptown or something else? Apartments are really expensive downtown...bachelor pads can be $1,000. Midtown (Yonge & Eglinton) area is supposed to be really nice. Good neighbourhood, and really close to the subway. I used to live near Finch and Yonge, which is always busy and has great restaurants, and is easy to get into and out of the city.

Do you know your price range?

Bluerocks

Jun 18, 2005
Qc, Canada
Well, it would really depend on your lifestyle. Would you prefer downtown, midtown, uptown or something else? Apartments are really expensive downtown...bachelor pads can be $1,000. Midtown (Yonge & Eglinton) area is supposed to be really nice. Good neighbourhood, and really close to the subway. I used to live near Finch and Yonge, which is always busy and has great restaurants, and is easy to get into and out of the city.

Do you know your price range?

Thank you so much for your reply Josephine.

Let's say that I am mostly looking for the surburb area, maybe west of the GTA. Maybe that it could be more affordable. Also, with the public transportation system, it seems as it is easy to go downtown.

Price range is hard to say. I am taking into consideration that the salaries would be higher in Toronto than in Quebec, therefore expecting to pay more. But under 1K would be good. Would be looking mostly for a safe neighbourhood outside of town.

Since I have done some research, I have some information. But it is so appreciated that you can give more info. As they say, the more the better.

Bluerocks

Jun 18, 2005
Qc, Canada
Also, I have to ask. Is it better to live within the city or outside? I admit that my 1st assumption would be to live in the suburbs. Not that I would never consider the downtown area. This is why your input is so appreciated.

Although, I am not much into the club scene. Simple reason is that I am a little older now, mid 30's. I enjoy going out and have fun, also enjoy a party . But I like the neighbourhood bar now and then.

Is there such a price range difference between the city and suburbs as far as apartment rentals? Well, it seems as though a nice little place just outside the city would be great. Plus, public transport has great ways to go downtown for the nightlife. Also, one would assume that there are advantages to both settings.

Bluerocks

Jun 18, 2005
Qc, Canada
I would also like to get some information about about other potential areas of Ontario. Places such as Kitchener, London, Cambridge and so on.

Is there employment opportunities within smaller towns of Ontario?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.