Where are you people?

Meeshee
I am on here during the day to try and avoid the important things, like work.
I find it very slow. Where are you guys? I`m bored.

tamarin
We're just down the hall doing work for two. Time to come back from lunch!

talloola
Just had my breaky, checking my mail, etc., then I'm off to the garden, time to plant veggies.
Back later.

hermanntrude
it sometimes goes slow. then just as you're getting bored or find u have something else to do it'll pick up and run so fast u can't keep up for hours.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by MeesheeView Post

I`m bored.

Try this. (external - login to view)

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Try this. (external - login to view)

Damn you Dex. I'm trying to break myself of that site.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Damn you Dex. I'm trying to break myself of that site.

BTW this should keep you busy for a while. Mind Reader (external - login to view)

Pangloss
Just came back from my annual physical. . .gross.

Now to fix neighbourhood kids' bicycles all afternoon - another seasonal ritual.

Pangloss

DurkaDurka
I'm at work testing satellite receiver software... it's a hoot.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by MeesheeView Post

I am on here during the day to try and avoid the important things, like work.
I find it very slow. Where are you guys? I`m bored.

Meeshee... People have to work, or sleep, depending where they are on the globe.

What do you usually do during the day? Do you work, or are you at school? What about interests that may occupy your time, if you are not at school, or work? Do you have any hobbies? Tell us a little more about yourself, because we cannot help you if we do not know from where your boredom stems.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

BTW this should keep you busy for a while. Mind Reader (external - login to view)

Good trick. Kept me busy for only about 30 seconds though.

temperance
So you hang out here all day ,while your at work ,,

you dont happen to work for us..... I mean the goverment do you ??

Its ok I only expect 4.5 hours of pure work from a goverment employee ,read that somewhere

Dexter Sinister
I'm retired.

lysyfacet
its all about highschools ppl.I'm there for the day, or at soccer. Otherwise, i sit on the forum to avoid doing boring homework. Definitely makes time fly. I wish i didn't have to sleep sometimes.

L Gilbert
Out planting garden in the afternoon. In town during morning. Lurking in forums in the evening.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Out planting garden in the afternoon. In town during morning. Lurking in forums in the evening.

What do you grow Gil, I'm planting carrots/green beans/corn/onions/beets/a few onions and a bit
of lettuce. But it is still a little cool here, soils not at warm as it should be, we've had a cool spring.

Kreskin
I've got the most amazing young rhodos blooming. They are like my pets.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I've got the most amazing young rhodos blooming. They are like my pets.

Me too,I love rhodos, I have them all over the place, have you visited that rhodo nursery down the
highway a few miles south of Willow Point?

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

Me too,I love rhodos, I have them all over the place, have you visited that rhodo nursery down the
highway a few miles south of Willow Point?

No I didn't know it existed. Thanks for letting me know! I will have to look for it.

Kreskin
It sure has been a cool spring.

L Gilbert

What do you grow Gil, I'm planting carrots/green beans/corn/onions/beets/a few onions and a bit
of lettuce. But it is still a little cool here, soils not at warm as it should be, we've had a cool spring.

2 kindsa spuds, snow peas, carrots, beets, marigolds to keep the bugs away, strawberries, green beans, and onions. Gotta get my new tea roses out there, too, as well as my firebushes. Already started the tomatoes and peppers earlier. I'll stick em outside in the ground tomorrow.

talloola

No I didn't know it existed. Thanks for letting me know! I will have to look for it.

When you pass York Rd. it's on the left, on the highway , at a house, but they have a sign out front,
advertising their Rhodos

Kreskin

2 kindsa spuds, snow peas, carrots, beets, marigolds to keep the bugs away, strawberries, green beans, and onions. Gotta get my new tea roses out there, too, as well as my firebushes. Already started the tomatoes and peppers earlier. I'll stick em outside in the ground tomorrow.

Do you ever have problem with deer or other 4-legged creatures or is your garden protected?

Kreskin

When you pass York Rd. it's on the left, on the highway , at a house, but they have a sign out front,
advertising their Rhodos

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm in Willow Point (Georgia Park). I have to stay awake on that highway more often.

talloola

Yeah, I will put in a few tomatoes too. I did potatoes last year, we only have a small yard, and they
take up too much room, but they're good for the soil.
I still have some green beans frozen from last year, they are delicious.

talloola

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm in Willow Point (Georgia Park). I have to stay awake on that highway more often.

That would help.
We go into the "comfort zone' at willow point about once a month or so, for lunch, great food.

Kreskin

That would help.
We go into the "comfort zone' at willow point about once a month or so, for lunch, great food.

It's a small world talloola. Heck, we're both from New Westminster too.

Dexter Sinister
Ah, you damn BC folks... I'm about four weeks away from being able to do any planting here on the prairies, the air and soil are still too cold and the risk of frost is still too high. I can't really do much until the Victoria Day weekend except minor prep work, like turning over the garden soil. Some of my hardier tulips are up, the grass is starting to turn green again, and the trees are starting to bud, but the landscape's still mostly gray and brown.

At least the snow is gone, but there's no guarantee we won't get another 20 cm dumped on us before summer arrives. It's happened before. Weather records show that there's been snow and sub-zero temperatures here in every month of the year except August, within living memory. Why do I live here? Some days, I don't really know...

talloola

It's a small world talloola. Heck, we're both from New Westminster too.

Right, wonder what else we're going to find out. Where did you live in New Westminster, can't
remember if we talked about that before.
Is it OK to ask these questions on this thread, or?

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Ah, you damn BC folks... I'm about four weeks away from being able to do any planting here on the prairies, the air and soil are still too cold and the risk of frost is still too high. I can't really do much until the Victoria Day weekend except minor prep work, like turning over the garden soil. Some of my hardier tulips are up, the grass is starting to turn green again, and the trees are starting to bud, but the landscape's still mostly gray and brown.

At least the snow is gone, but there's no guarantee we won't get another 20 cm dumped on us before summer arrives. It's happened before. Weather records show that there's been snow and sub-zero temperatures here in every month of the year except August, within living memory. Why do I live here? Some days, I don't really know...

Yeah, and we're even whining cause it's a 'little' cool here this spring. I have a friend in Carbon, Alta.
and they had 3 days of snow last week. It's hard to visualize that, as any snow we had is long
past. We've been mowing the lawn for about a month.
Yeah, now that you're retired, move to a warmer part of Canada, the islands perfect.