Women And Men Can't Agree On Cheating

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
NEW YORK (Wireless Flash) -- When it comes to cheating, men and women have very different ideas.

According to a survey by "Women's Health" and "Men's Health" magazines, 45 percent of men think talking to one's ex on a regular basis is cheating but only 27 percent of women agree with that definition.

That's not all: 45 percent of men say getting a massage from a friend of the opposite sex constitutes cheating but only 35 percent of women are touchy about that.

Men might be more particular about the definition of cheating but only 32 percent of men admit they've been cheated on compared to 45 percent of women.

However, 32 percent of ladies admit they've been the ones doing the cheating while only 16 percent of men confess to being a cheat.

Finally, 50 percent of men believe cheating has ruined at least one past relationship but only 27 percent of women will make that claim.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
i wouldn't agree with all those for cheating, like their definitions such as getting a message from the opposite sex is cheating. But hey everyone has their own views.
I would never consider that cheating, i wouldn't shadow my girlfriend from the opposite sex because she's with me, she can still talk and converse with them, there just can't be anything sexual, kissing, touching....stuff like that, or even verbally saying certain things. But otherwise, i wouldn't ever tell her talking with another guy, or sending him a message (depends on that message ofcourse) as cheating.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
i wouldn't agree with all those for cheating, like their definitions such as getting a message from the opposite sex is cheating. But hey everyone has their own views.
I would never consider that cheating, i wouldn't shadow my girlfriend from the opposite sex because she's with me, she can still talk and converse with them, there just can't be anything sexual, kissing, touching....stuff like that, or even verbally saying certain things. But otherwise, i wouldn't ever tell her talking with another guy, or sending him a message (depends on that message ofcourse) as cheating.

Men, in general, can be very territorial in regards to their female partners.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands

Meh, in Europe its common greeting to kiss. Not necessarily on the lips mind you, but on the cheeks usually. As for back rubs, hell, I give them to my mom. Good thing my parents are divorced, or my mom would be cheating on my dad with her son. Barf.

Anything short of acting on lust isn't cheating in my humble opinion. I can handle kissing, hugging seeing on a regular basis as long as their are no feelings involved.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Anything short of acting on lust isn't cheating in my humble opinion. I can handle kissing, hugging seeing on a regular basis as long as their are no feelings involved.
How can you be sure that there are no feelings? That's the tricky part....

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I think cheating is in the heart so a message could be cheating. Relationships are not defined only by sex. Emotional cheating is possible and can be a symptom of a failing relationship. As for back rubs, would it be at a spa or a private residence? The difference is obvious IMO.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I wonder in the plan for evolution of man - it was planned that each sex be committed to one person for the purpose of sexual relations.

It is of course much more civilized, however it appears to be one of the most difficult conundrums mankind faces - the fact that we are able to love and have feelings - even to the point of sexuality with another apart from our committed love.

Or were we meant to be unified with one only?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I gotta say that talking to an ex, that's pretty normal for me. It's never caused my relationships any problems so far...

Massage, what's wrong with that? Just because a frind of mine rubs my back or vice versa doesn't mean I'm in love with her or anything like that. Also depends I guess on how open your relationships are, as Nif says, it's jealousy that will end it pretty fast.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I would be more tempted to ask, do we want to be unified to only one? Each to their own. It might work for some people, but I had problems keeping more than one girlfriend at a time, feelings just get hurt too easily. My wife says the same thing happened to her trying to keep two boyfriends at once.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hmmm. I have to say, that simply defining 'cheating' by actions falls short of the mark in defining it, BY FAR.

Let's say my dear friend Tonington pops over for a visit one night. Tonington, who I have no sexual or emotional feeling for (sorry T), notices that my back is sore, and offers a massage. Is that really cheating? I certainly wouldn't define it so.

And yet, if I spend my whole day thinking about how much I lust after, lets say Hermann (just don't tell his wife, k?), yet I never see or talk to him, am I being faithful? Heck no!

As Eh1eh said... cheating is in the heart.

But don't get me wrong fellas. Having sex with a woman and trying to tell your girlfriend or spouse it's okay because you had no feelings for the other woman DOES NOT WORK!! lol.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I would define cheating as doing anything that your spouse wouldn't want you to do. This means that fully-conscious swingers with no regrets aren't cheating, and people whose wives have expressly forbidden them to meet with their ex are cheating when they do.
cheating isnt defined by the physical acts, it's defined by the emotional and social consequences

Reactions: Zzarchov

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Meh, in Europe its common greeting to kiss. Not necessarily on the lips mind you, but on the cheeks usually. As for back rubs, hell, I give them to my mom. Good thing my parents are divorced, or my mom would be cheating on my dad with her son. Barf.

I'll ditto that except at the end I'd say as long as feelings (if any) are controlled and not acted upon.
Um, I have blood in my heart, not cheating or fidelity. But, I understand the concept, you folks mean that intentions are the key. I agree that possessiveness is a biggie here, too. I can feel attracted to all sorts of people, but I will not carry through with those attractions. I'll even flirt, but that road is a dead end for me.

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
lol well I'd say you were breaking some boundaries. Maybe she secretly wants you to, though. My wife lashes out if i tickle her. I'd be likely to get a boot in the face.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Let's say my dear friend Tonington pops over for a visit one night. Tonington, who I have no sexual or emotional feeling for (sorry T)
Heh, you say that now. My machismo and magic fingers aren't so apparent over internet channels;)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I wouldn't say hit on as much as floundering to preserve my damaged libido:-(

I don't think I've hit on anyone here yet, though I did suggest a CanCon barbeque a while back...;)