a tad drunk

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Please explain how wine (a liquid) can be dry? I've never had the courage to ask what dry means....

If a wine is low in sugars, it will be 'dry' and you'll know what it means the instant you drink it. It can be almost like chokecherries (does anyone else know what I mean), leaving your mouth, well, dry. The sugar, even at low amounts, while it doesn't necessarily make a wine what anyone would call sweet can help balance that out. Once you get into blush wines and white wines, then they get on the sweet 'juicy' side.

DurkaDurka
Moosehead is my prefered drink. A Caesar is nice too.

talloola

My drink has always been (before I stopped drinking) Scotch. It is very addictive and when I began Scotch I didn't enjoy anything else - even wine.

Please explain how wine (a liquid) can be dry? I've never had the courage to ask what dry
means....

When it's not dry, it's sweeter, the lower the number the dryer it is.

El Barto
A nice chainti with liver sif sif sif

hermanntrude
I love dry wines. A nice merlot or shiraz. I used to drink dry whites but i swapped to reds and now can't stand whites.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Moosehead is my prefered drink. A Caesar is nice too.

MMMMMM! Ceasars. They are yummy but more than two will start to affect my colon, so I always get the small Clamato. I like 'em hot too! Lots of Whorchetershire and Tobasco.
Last edited by eh1eh; Apr 16th, 2007 at 04:25 PM..Reason: sp

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

MMMMMM! Ceasars. They are yummy but more than two will start to affect my colon, so I always get the small Clamato. I like 'em hot too! Lots of Whorchetershire and Tobasco.

Nothing worse then a burning ring of fire induced by a Caeser right? lol

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

My husband and I are non drinkers, but in the last year or so, I have gone into the liquor store
to buy a nice wine to have sometime during the evening, as I have heard on many occasions that
it is a nice drink to maintain good health, and now that we are 'h hmm', a little older, we are doing that.
The above posts lead me to believe there are some 'knowledgeable' posters who can help me.
I need some 'names' of nice wines to try, as I don't have a clue. Not too dry please.

I like dry wines so I'm not of much help. Sorry. I like Australian Shirazes (red) and German Rieslings (white), though

L Gilbert

My drink has always been (before I stopped drinking) Scotch. It is very addictive and when I began Scotch I didn't enjoy anything else - even wine.

Please explain how wine (a liquid) can be dry? I've never had the courage to ask what dry means....

Unsweet. Pucker yer mouth kind of unsweet.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Libra GirlView Post

The French make a confection of various colored chocolate bon bons filled with brandy... very nice.

Yeah, I know. Used to take them, squish them with my fingers, suck down the juice and then put the chocolates back in the tray when I was a kid.
Now, I'm more sociable and eat the whole thing.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

I'd prefer a mint-chocolate vodka :0)

I prefer real spud vodka, not the crap you see for $15 on the shelf in the candy store or bar vodka. But, I hardly drink the stuff. Smirnoff's Ice with a squirt of lemon is good, though.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Nothing worse then a burning ring of fire induced by a Caeser right? lol

Oh Ya! Here's the original.

Ring

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by wallyjView Post

I have been known to drink a bit,sometimes a bit too much. Bartended for 6 years,great job! Bacardi's makes a rum,"Bacardi's Black," that is quite flavorful and reasonably priced. I reccommend it to anyone that would like to drink a rum straight up.

I like Bacardi's Superior Gold better. Usually drink that if I can't have Appleton's, Cruzan, or Neissen.

lysyfacet
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

..so yeah guys if ma postin is strange, as someone pointed out I have had 7 beers tonight.

I may be a little bit under tha influence.

Anyways, I hope I don`t have a headache towmorrow mornin.

wow...only 7 beers to get you tipsy, doesn't take much eh . It takes me alot more then just 7 beers lol.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by lysyfacetView Post

wow...only 7 beers to get you tipsy, doesn't take much eh . It takes me alot more then just 7 beers lol.

Ok I gotta see your licence please......

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by lysyfacetView Post

*sigh* young pups and their binge drinking. tsk tsk. Ya know, if you lay off the binging, your tolerance lowers, and it takes way less to get tipsy... much cheaper that way. lol.

lysyfacet
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

*sigh* young pups and their binge drinking. tsk tsk. Ya know, if you lay off the binging, your tolerance lowers, and it takes way less to get tipsy... much cheaper that way. lol.

haha...well at the time i don't think the cost even matters , its only afterwards you realize...OOPS where'd all my money go ?

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yeah, I know. Used to take them, squish them with my fingers, suck down the juice and then put the chocolates back in the tray when I was a kid.
Now, I'm more sociable and eat the whole thing.

You mean the French right?