Personality type test.

Dihead
ISFJ

introverted 78%
sensing 1%
feeling 12%
judging 22%

so, does that mean im an invtroverted, nonsensing but slightly feeling, judging person who doesn't think..who perhaps has no intuition or perception?

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Vereya

Many people fall into a middle ground of contradictory traits which can cancel out a dominant feature of a personality.

These are quickie tests for people but an accurate assessment of personality takes at a minimum of two sittings of two hours each or more..... at least if one is going to try and excavate some of the more buried and complicated personal preferences and quirks.

That is an fun topic Karrie......interesting to see how people come out too.... sometimes the results are surprising to the people themselves.

Only problem with these pop tets is skewing is easily done - the testing itself has to be somewhat foolproof for accuracy.

Thank You! The test I administer is by DW Champagne and RC Hogan. There are 2 componants to each question and you answer between 0-5 32 ab (72 in all)questions....This is only 1 in several tests that are given help a councilor or shrink assess a new patient OR assess new employees. Family Dollar for example uses a modified personality test before even interveiwing. It IS a valid way to help a patient. For me it just proved my Nurture/ gaurdian personality which isnt always healthy.Ive always placed VERY high in feeling but thats not aalways good, especially as a BiPolar. My lowest score is Thinking.....obviously. ENFJ each set has a score od 40 points

I ........18
E........22

N...........30
S...........10

T.............5
F.............35

P...........17
J............23

So as you can see the real test is a bit more intricate and Accurate

Curiosity
Self

And you could experience divergent responses depending on your feelings that particular day.

That is one difficulty with all testing - some people are better morning testers, or late afternoon testers, some freeze over any tests and take ages scratching out answers, and some whiz through
them without any feeling at all (which would worry any tester)....

And the same people could test differently the following week....

They are only one tool in a myriad of possibilities.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Self

And you could experience divergent responses depending on your feelings that particular day.

That is one difficulty with all testing - some people are better morning testers, or late afternoon testers, some freeze over any tests and take ages scratching out answers, and some whiz through
them without any feeling at all (which would worry any tester)....

And the same people could test differently the following week....

They are only one tool in a myriad of possibilities.

Thats right.......I believe I said that earlier. Because Im BiPolar the test results change if Im manic or depressive BUT that just proves my point that the test IS a valid tool in testing patients.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

Thats right.......I believe I said that earlier. Because Im BiPolar the test results change if Im manic or depressive BUT that just proves my point that the test IS a valid tool in testing patients.

Actually, the varied testing depending on how you feel can be taken to reinforce the idea of the selfreport flaw. Part of why your answers change can be because you are perceiving yourself differently on different days, not necessarily because you are actually drastically different. Yes, manic days and depressive days bring about some change, but not necessarily to the high degree you see on your tests. If you were to get others to fill out your tests for you, your scores may not swing as drastically as when you report on yourself. I don't know about you, but, on severely depressive days, I am likely to report myself as someone I don't like, and my reactions to situations to be ones that I don't like.

selfactivated
Alls I know is Im asked to take this test every 6 months and if my results change drastically enough we do more tests and if it stays semi stable we know Im on the right path.....I trust my doctor........period.

Curiosity
Karrie/Self

And those 'hateful' days are the most revealing.... to work on.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

Alls I know is Im asked to take this test every 6 months and if my results change drastically enough we do more tests and if it stays semi stable we know Im on the right path.....I trust my doctor........period.

And that's probably why he does them so often... because they are a good gague of how you are feeling about yourself. That's why they can work so well for things such as job placement, because they tell a lot about who we want to be, and thus, what kind of job will help us to fulfill our vision of ourselves. In your case, they're much the same... making sure you're still on the path you want to be on.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

And that's probably why he does them so often... because they are a good gague of how you are feeling about yourself. That's why they can work so well for things such as job placement, because they tell a lot about who we want to be, and thus, what kind of job will help us to fulfill our vision of ourselves. In your case, they're much the same... making sure you're still on the path you want to be on.

Im sorry Im in a bit of a paranoid mood the past few day......Holidays suck for me and I was getting the impression you were putting the test down......I was wrong and Im sorry.......I should stay away from the comp during these times.

dsouthdude
ur all either crazy`special' geek s or geNyisis

SwitSof
INFJ too here, apparently INFJ is only 2% of the population?
But I saw this test couple of years ago and nothing has changed it seems.

Some of what is said about INFJ is true though, at least with my personality:

The Counselor Idealists (external - login to view) are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and enterprising and attentive in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues.
. Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise.

Coddfish
Your Type is
ISTP

Introverted
56% Sensing 38% Thinking 1% Perceiving 11%

Hmm, I guess I'm Introverted. Interesting.

Now, I got to sit down. After answering all those questions, my brain hurts.

able
I am always INTJ, and J is 78, guess being a senior has a lot to do with it. Too often, I find people are perfectly willing to rationalise bad behaviour. Of course, if everyone lived up to my standards, we would have a far better world, problem is, there wouldn't be much room for dissent.

Nuggler
INFJ:

Forgot to record the %'s.

typical

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Popularity is no indicator of correctness. Governments routinely use lie detectors too, despite their proven unreliability. I don't think anybody said they're no good, unless I missed a post somewhere, all I said was that there are good grounds for criticising them, and karrie indicated they're not useful for diagnostic purposes or clinical evaluations. They might promote a little more self-analysis, and a little more sensitivity to other people's styles of thinking and behaving, but I strongly doubt you can find out anything useful about yourself or anyone else from them that any reasonably intelligent and honest friend couldn't have told you in a lot less time. My personal opinion is that people continue to use them because they have a veneer of scientific respectability, but there's really not much substance there. And as karrie also indicated, self reporting is always suspect.

What he said

Oldn

Nuggler
Take enough of these tests, read a lot of psychology, observe trends in society, and you can make the results of just about any test skew the way you wish. Good for baffling "human resources" types who like to pigeonhole folks. Or, anyone you wish to baffle. But it's seldom worth the effort.

Eg: You're applying for a commission sales job. Obviously the boss wants a super aggressive type who will get results. Take the test and become one. BUT. If you get the job and you ain't the type, you will not do well. And, the boss will fire your ***.

I think, if one is a young person looking for a "niche", take a battery of these tests with an open mind and answer honestly. They do show where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Just be paranoid enough not to let the "wrong" people have your results.

Whatever.

Screw tests. I ain't goin nowhere. Been there. ha ha.

(BRING HOME THE GODDAM TROOPS OK) SEND HARPER.

daisygirl
Well, considering I am at the dark depths of a deep depression right now, I thought it would be interesting to take this test to see what it shows, even though I am on meds for the depression.

(I have taken the test before when I was fine but I cannot remember the results. I know they were a lot different.)

Introverted 56 Sensing 50 Feeling 12 Perceiving 33 = ISFP